Full Speed Ahead - Can't eat Raptor Food! [SOLVED]

Final Fantasy XI General Discussion - Chat live.

Full Speed Ahead - Can't eat Raptor Food! [SOLVED]

Postby msulli1355 on Wed May 04, 2016 12:15 am

I've tried this on Jelli@Phoenix and Dechelsea@Phoenix. I ride the raptor to the light. I sit there IN the light beam for three minutes. I get no message saying anything relating to the raptor or the food. What am I doing wrong? Please tell me that someone on this forum has finished this quest! I'm having inventory space issues and I have a Tiger item that I'd really really like to get rid of.
msulli1355
Easy prey

World: Phoenix
Nation: Bastok

Re: Full Speed Ahead - Can't eat Raptor Food! [SOLVED]

Postby msulli1355 on Wed May 04, 2016 11:16 pm

I finished it. The wiki article said to go into the barrow where the light is to eat the food. I didn't see that part...
msulli1355
Easy prey

Postby Haldarn on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner msulli! Haven't been able to log in until now.

I'm sorry that the wiki article wasn't as clear as it could be. It was one of the first quest articles I'd authored myself since returning to the game and, in an attempt to keep it spoiler-free, I referred to the targets as 'points' and not 'food'. I can see from your experience that without hindsight, this can be confusing, so I've updated the article to say:

"Approach the food on the floor inside the barrows at the marked points and the graphic at the point will disappear."
@Haldarn_FFXI
Haldarn
Too weak

World: Shiva
Title: Hydra Headhunter

Postby msulli1355 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:49 pm

I don't blame you at all for my difficulty with this quest. I was just in a hurry when I did this quest on my first character (I oversee five of my own characters and four of my wife irl), and I didn't retain every word of what was written there in my mind. Once I calmed down and looked at the article again, I saw that it said inside the barrow. I was confused because someone else was doing the quest at the same time I was, and they didn't go into the barrow either. They just stopped in the field of light shooting up into the sky, and then moved onto the next beam of light...
msulli1355
Easy prey

Return to General Discussion