Kindred's Crest drop from all mobs 70+

Final Fantasy XI General Discussion - Chat live.

Re: Kindred's Crest drop from all mobs 70+

Postby nightxade on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 pm

scaevola wrote:Problem with Abyssea is that you're competing with 17 other people who presumably need them and I imagine many people capped both XP and merits (rather, 10/10 9999 LP) coming in to this update anyway.

A friend went in with one crest and came out with four. Power lotting ftw :D. I'm at 6/10 merits now as I'd been holding them to see what the LB was about, but, since I'm unlikely to get enough Crests before our run in 2.5 hours, it's just as well i spend the merits. It's not like I'm not going to score an easy 10 more tonight.
nightxade
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (54)
World: Shiva
Nation: Windurst
Title: Gessho's Mercy
Jobs: 90RDM 90BST 90PUP 90SCH 90WAR 90DNC 40SMN

Postby scaevola on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Yeah, I spent 7 of my 10 as soon as I logged in; I, and I think many, would just prefer not to spend any time in Abyssea until I can get XP for it because honestly it isn't really "worth it" to go in when you have to stop at 110k.

In related news, I'm not going to try it until I finish this LB but apparently Bastion is hilariously broken XP. Like, 10k+ for 5 minute fights broken. To the extent any of us will remember anything about FFXI in our twilight years, we will remember Summer 2010 as the season SE encouraged us to stop giving a !@#$%& about XP.
If you asked your mother, she'd tell you it's just a game.
scaevola
Even match

World: Cerberus
Nation: Bastok
Title: Fang Finder

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:40 am

Getting these things still sucks. Going on about four hours and I'm still at 0. I keep failing lots. The fact that these things stack up to 99 is also discouraging. You'd think they'd drop more often.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
World: Lakshmi
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Raxiaz on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 am

You're trying too hard. Go do something else with your time until the hype dies down. That's what I'm doing. I'm 2/5 and am in NO RUSH whatsoever to get the other 3. I'll cast lots as they come while I complete my fire path trial. :lol:
Raxiaz
Tough

Blog: View Blog (19)
World: Sylph
Jobs: BLU85 RDM85 SCH80 WHM80

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:36 am

That's the thing. I am doing ToM as I do this. My exp is almost capped, my merits are gonna cap out soon enough. This exp is just gonna go to waste if I don't break level cap soon.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
World: Lakshmi
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Raxiaz on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:39 am

Spend the extra 6 merits then? That's what I'd do. But I don't know what your situation is with merits. I still have plenty of things I would like to merit that cost less than 6 points. <.<;

On that note: 3/5 now! ^_^

Doing trials... Got Circle Blade count down to like 190 or less and now I'm 5/5 KC... >.>
Raxiaz
Tough

Blog: View Blog (19)
World: Sylph
Jobs: BLU85 RDM85 SCH80 WHM80

Postby masekase on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:11 am

Frankbrodie wrote:
kaht wrote:Solo'd puddings for about 2 hours last night and got 3 crests. You guys are acting like getting these is the end of the world, but they're really no different than beastmen or kindred seals. Last night I got 5 BS, 4 KS, and 3 KC - roughly about the same drop rate. Think about how fast you'd typically farm seals, it's really no different. After you all finish this limit break the crests will be just like the seals - they'll slowly accumulate in your inventory until you've got 100's of them.

You're forgetting that we don't all farm BS or KS.
I've never used a KS in my entire time playing the game. And have about 800 BS stashed with the storer NPC.
I used to just use BS for doing T&T whenever I could be bothered. Don't even bother with that any more because the return isn't worth it 99% of the time.

I'm calling big time mess up with this limit break quest.
Every area I've checked out with 70+ mobs that I knew about from my travels over the years is heaving with people trying to farm their items for the quest. (and this is on a severely under-populated server compared to say, Asura)
There was literally 20 people in groups of 1-3 in the waterfall room in the tree.

Load of arse I tell you. #-o

no different ok i got 30 seals and 21 ks in the time it took me to get 5 KC so yes. some people are doing same mobs and getting fast rates others are getting stupid drop rates. ie friend did puks got his 5 crests and 8 crests for friends all in 3 hours. I just done pucks tonight with a friend too help him and not 1 KC in 3 hours.
masekase
Even match

World: Asura
Title: Team Player
Jobs: RDM_75 DRK_85 BLM_78 BRD_75 THF_71 whm_39 bst_35 sam_42 nin_37 drg_42 war_37 pup_1 sch_6 dnc_37 mnk_9 smn_48 blu_13 cor_1 rng_4 pld_22 smithing_28 clothcraft_4 alchemy_48 woodworking_74 mule goldsmithing_28 leathercraft_9 bonecraft_68 cooking_46 fishing_19

Postby masekase on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:20 am

All normal mobs in Sky drop the KC even elementals. Which seem too drop well we killed 3 got 3 during sky run. Even got a diorite and KC drop from 1 statue lol.
masekase
Even match

World: Asura
Title: Team Player
Jobs: RDM_75 DRK_85 BLM_78 BRD_75 THF_71 whm_39 bst_35 sam_42 nin_37 drg_42 war_37 pup_1 sch_6 dnc_37 mnk_9 smn_48 blu_13 cor_1 rng_4 pld_22 smithing_28 clothcraft_4 alchemy_48 woodworking_74 mule goldsmithing_28 leathercraft_9 bonecraft_68 cooking_46 fishing_19

Postby Ecaroh on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:04 pm

THIS IS BS :evil: +6 hours and I have 23BS, 25KS and 2KC in inventory. At least I know they exist but OMG come on.

Eca
Crafts 90 WW "When life gives you crap.... make a commode"
Ecaroh
Even match

Blog: View Blog (256)
World: Ragnarok
Title: The Immortal Fisher, Lu Shang
Jobs: 99 everything but PLD BLU and Geo 91 WW All others 60ish 80 Synergy

Postby nightxade on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Stop stressing! When you stress about it, they won't drop. :) Find something else to do. ANd if it *happens* to involved KC mobs, then yay when they drop.

I ended up doing our Abby run as 68 SCH rather than spend my merits and got one Crest (3/5). Unfortunately, we had horrid luck with time chests so the run was called about 2 hours in.
nightxade
Decent Challenge

Postby craptaculous on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:37 pm

I agree with Raxiaz on this one. find something else to do and move on.

I was trying with a pt of 3-5 for about 2 hrs, fighting freakn Dolls in Sky....no competition since we just got cocky and went in and fought them in Despot’s agro alley. after the pt whiped 2x(except me lol, 2 galka died and the hume bst lives! lol)...just for Despot to pop on the second one and me with 164 hp......not good.
anyway, I gave up was like F-It...Firesday is coming up.

I know odds are it will probably be about 2 weeks before I get 5 KC’s. and I have Reach coming out on Tuesday (flame or fanboi player hate ya want all you want, idc.)

anyway, I did exactly as Rax did, moved on. But.....the problem with this...I tried doing my revised ToTM for my pet atk axe, they changed apkallu to manticore....which are not low level, and the 3 that are at least semi reasonable are in Valley of Sorrows. I can do the ones in Terrigan but still. anyway, I get there and the zone is empty, I’m like “All Right!” literally 2 seconds later, people show up w/o trial weapons on, killing everything, including the dang Manticore.....so I do a /sh that I need pet kills vs manticore....so a few people stop, but some completely dicked out on me and kept on killing manticores, I even grabbed a 2nd one just before the one I was on was dead, was gonna sheep song it, but before pet had tp guess what some ass did, even though I had already hit it 2x and snarled....even though there was like 300 raptors/perytons about.....the moment the name went gold, “playerX uses Provoke on mob”.....wtf....has crests really brought out that much of the crackhead in people? I got 5 manticore kills in 1 hr cus of peoples’ assholishness

now I don’t expect people to do what I ask at a drop of a dime, but what happened to the old FFXI days of Courtesy?

oh well, I won’t be doing abyssea tonight most likely, no point when all my jobs are capped and i have 6 merit pts stored atm. I ain’t spending them either, I don’t get to play enough to get 60k *finger snap* “just like that”

just out of curiosity, wtf is the drop rate on these stupid things? 0.000001% drop rate? I seriously get much more KS and BS, even farming them, than I did KC, I got 1 out of all the monekycrap I dealt with last nite.
Zeige Dich, Caprice.
Alert: Caprice likes to…hump things uncontrollably.
         Watch your legs, & Tarus beware.
Orig. LS: Kinetics
EGLS: ShinClovers
FFXI on Xbox 360/Slim Tech Pro—Got a problem?ask
Image, Are you?
craptaculous
Decent Challenge

World: Phoenix
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
Jobs: PUP90 SMN90 BLM90 BST90 [SJ] [RDM49 NIN48 SCH49 DNC47 SAM47]

Postby kaht on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Protip: go to teriggan on fireday for your manticore trials. There's almost always a group there killing them. Many weapon trials require you to go there (sword, polearm, bow, gkt, etc), so you can almost always find a group to kill them with. You'll typically get around 70-100 kills per fireday in a good group. I actually got turned away once because the group there already had 18/18.... o.O
kaht
Even match

World: Cerberus
Title: Ace Angler
Jobs: BLM - BLU

Postby nightxade on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Ah sucks, craptaculous, but I'm gonna list 'pet kill' trials on the "do it later" list as well, under these circumstances. Even before Crests, it was hard to communicate that to people. So hard that yesterday, when I asked someone to join a beast killer run and made it clear that I understood he wanted pet kills, having done many myself, he simply refused party. Presumably been burned too many times.

People just won't listen. Crests makes it worse :(

Sane and patient people should probably just wait a week for the crazy to die down.
nightxade
Decent Challenge

Postby craptaculous on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:52 pm

meh, just kinda blows cause I would really like to check out the new abyssea areas, but won’t until my cap is up, and just is more frustrating that so many people got 5/5 obviously w/o as much issue as the minority of us are having.
Zeige Dich, Caprice.
Alert: Caprice likes to…hump things uncontrollably.
         Watch your legs, & Tarus beware.
Orig. LS: Kinetics
EGLS: ShinClovers
FFXI on Xbox 360/Slim Tech Pro—Got a problem?ask
Image, Are you?
craptaculous
Decent Challenge

World: Phoenix
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
Jobs: PUP90 SMN90 BLM90 BST90 [SJ] [RDM49 NIN48 SCH49 DNC47 SAM47]

Postby nightxade on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Apparently there was a drop rate increase on these today? Any confirmation?
nightxade
Decent Challenge

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion