NM Temp Items

Final Fantasy XI General Discussion - Chat live.

NM Temp Items

Postby smarteralex on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:11 pm

How do I find out what the temp items are that everyone says you need to fight certain NMs? I see it in shouts all the time, something like "temp items 4/4". I also need to know how to obtain them. I've been all over FFXI Wiki and BG Wiki and can't find anything. Also checked forums, but I guess that the word "temp item" is too vague or returns too many results to find what I want.
smarteralex
Easy prey

World: Ragnarok
Nation: San d'Oria

Re: NM Temp Items

Postby Dragoy of Fenrir on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:16 am

Teegrins!

Could you be more specific on the NMs you speak of?
Abyssea or Voidwatch?

For Abyssea, I would imagine they mean the Key Items to spawn the NM, not Temporary Items.

I don't do Voidwatch, other than very rarely alone or with a friend or few for fun, so I can't say much of that but "4/4 temps" seems really weird and makes no sense at all to me, not for Abyssea nor Voidwatch.

Would probably be best if you asked one of those shouting, they should know, but if I had to guess, I would indeed say they mean the Key Items to spawn a NM in Abyssea.

But yeah, if you can be a bit more specific I can speculate some more. ^^;
Kind Regards,
~The Noob Unlimited~
I may know the answers, journeys over snow and sand.
Sore wa sore, Kore wa kore.
Dragoy of Fenrir
Decent Challenge

World: Fenrir
Nation: Bastok
Title: Bye-bye, Taisai
Jobs: zenbu

Postby smarteralex on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:28 am

For instance, right now someone is shouting: "Kalustrax x4. Temporary items 6/6." Kalustrax is a stage VI Voidwatch notorious monster. I assume "x4" means they have 4 pops for it that they intend to use. What I don't understand is what "temporary items 6/6" means. What are these items and how do I get them? The number of items seems to vary by the NM, but people always ask for them. I have asked the shouter what the items are, but they are usually rude, assuming I'm a noob.
smarteralex
Easy prey

Postby Dragoy of Fenrir on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Mhm, unfortunately I could guess you might get rude responses asking it directly... well, it's their loss! ^^;

Seems really vague at least to someone not doing it much, so I can only guess, and only thing by looking into it I can think of, is that they refer to the Periapts of Readiness, Periapts of Vigilance, and Periapts of Adaptability.

See Periapt.

As for how you are supposed to know which one they mean, if it even is this, I don't know. To progress to a certain NM would require you to defeat others so there is that...

What do you think?
Kind Regards,
~The Noob Unlimited~
Dragoy of Fenrir
Decent Challenge

Postby Carlie on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 am

The temp items they want are fanatic drink, maybe fool drink for some NM, and the temp wings at least.
The drinks let you survive the AoE.
The fool drink may be useful to avoid magics.
The wings give you TP which helps triggering with WS, which will let you get temp items back (one or all), increase drops (in quality or quantity) and freeze the NM for a few seconds.

These temps items are given when you start the fight and you ave the periapt mentionned by Dragoy.
You get them by defeating first stage VWNMs and increasing the white light (some trigger will increase it by 25%, the %age is the chance you'll get the KI after the kill).
People now usually do 4 NMs in a row, but you can only carry 3 stones when you start. You need to defeat one of the tier 1 jeuno VWNM for a KI to carry 4 stones.

I thought they was 2-3 KI for temps only, but they may have added more with the latest tiers.
It should be changed with the update today, giving less temps items, but AoE being weakened as well.
Currently, most NMs have a few deadly AoE abilities that gets spammed when you fight them with 18 people, so you basically gets yourself wiped if you can't pop the fanatic drink.
"One day, I had a dream ! ... and then I woke up."
Carlie
Very Tough

World: Valefor
Title: Irresponsible Adventurer
Jobs: WHM-BLU-BLM-NIN-BRD 90

Postby smarteralex on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks, all. That was some really awesome help. The only temp items I knew were the ones from Abyssea, Besieged, etc. and you are always given those at the beginning of the event. I couldn't imagine how I was supposed to get them otherwise. Then I though maybe they were something that mobs dropped that I had to farm, but I didn't know what they were or what mobs might drop them.

I sure appreciate all of the help. Now if I can only get a party to help me climb the tiers. I started the new expansions late, and no one seems to be doing the main city climbs anymore...

Thanks again!
smarteralex
Easy prey

Postby Carlie on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Maybe you can try shouting to get your alliance for that.
Iirc, you get temp items from the sandy path tier 1 from present ronfaure (a Briareus like gigas) and the rabao tier 1 NM (the cactus).
They're both accessible tier 1, so you don't need to climb (just need stones to get the reward, including KI).
The city path can be lowmanned for most part (a full party should bring you up to the tier 4, defeating the tier 4 may be tricky with a pt only). The zilart are harder to lowman (spawns 4-6 helpers).

If you can find someone to pop the NMs which drops the KI, you don't even have to climb the path yourself ^^
Carlie
Very Tough

Postby Dragoy of Fenrir on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:29 pm

I imagine there should be quite a lot of players who have not don any of Voidwatch yet, such as me (excluding the few fights alone/with a friend or few), who have only defeated some of the 'tier 1' NMs on the test server, solo, and I think it's mostly because of the reward-system, and the drop-rates for the loot.

Unless they change it, I might never do it as there is not much point in doing it for the 'wins' right now, as far as I can tell.

Unfortunately, I'm running out of old content to do, after finishing all the Assaults, which basically were the last thing for me after each and every mission there is, there's not much for me except making Salvage equipment and perhaps a Relic weapon or/and a Mythic weapon, which would take years for me and even so, that seems more alluring than Voidwatch. >=ß

But I digress.

I'm glad you got your Temps sorted now, or well, are on the way there at least. ^^
And thank you, Carlie, for confirming it's those Temps.

Good luck~
Kind Regards,
~The Noob Unlimited~
Dragoy of Fenrir
Decent Challenge

Postby Carlie on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 am

I think there is some story tied to VW, but you start it when you begin the jeuno path.
That's just a few CS, a bit like how Abyssea has a story.
So it may be more developped at the end (just like Abyssea ^^ )
Carlie
Very Tough

Return to General Discussion