misspelling FFXIclopedia

General wiki support

misspelling FFXIclopedia

Postby tsakiki on Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:39 pm

I happened to misspell this site's name in one of my blog entries as FFXIcyclopedia, and have noticed that my blog gets at least 2 hits a day from people doing internet searches for "ffxicycolopedia". So I've left the misspelling in my blog, hoping they notice the link (spelled right!) in the post, or in the sidebar on my blog and find their way here.

I'm not sure this is useful in anyway (unless you wanted to get another domain name pointing here), but I thought it was interesting that there are so many people making the same mistake in the name. :oops:
tsakiki
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (9)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Confronter of Nightmares
Jobs: Paladin

Postby Chrisjander on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:13 pm

They probably weren't making a mistake, they probably came up with it in a search by google.

also, its FFXIclopedia instead of FFXIencyclopedia because its very close in sounds. XI (ex-eye) sounds alot like Ency (en-sigh) which is why, for short, I call it the xiclopedia (pronouncing x and i as letters)

its funny thou that google crawled your mispelling, lol
Chrisjander
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (1)
World: Ifrit
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Talks with Tonberries
Jobs: RDM 75 - BRD 64 - MNK 58 - BLU 53 - SAM 52 - WHM 51 - DRG 51 - DNC 44 - WAR 43 - DRK 40 - BLM 37 - NIN 37 - PLD 35 - SCH 34 - RNG 33 - BST 30 - THF 30 - SMN 20 - COR 20 - PUP 20

Return to Wiki Support