FFXI Play by Post

Re: FFXI Play by Post

Postby Bluelissa on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:17 am

((Sorry...posting again so Aeric can play off my post.))

As Blue began her descent down the peak with Aeric, she still felt a bit uneasy...and a bit confused as to what was going on. Though they had just departed a group, Bluelissa couldnt help but to feel that this danger Aeric spoke of still lingered.

"I hope your new friends will be ok without your aid," Blue tells Aeric. "They looked a bit sad to see you go."

While continuing on their journey down, Bluelissa nervously began to play with a Starfall Tear Aeric had recently given her during a special visit to Windurst. She always kept the Tear close to her. It was a bit of a comfort item and goodluck charm for her.

"And what of this Corsair theif you spoke of..." Blue asked Aeric while looking at her Starfall Tear. "We should catch the earliest airship out of San'doria to Jeuno if you're in a hurry. I guess you can share details with me during the flight---"

Blue then looks up from her Starfall Tear and smiles warmly towards Aeric. "Its nice to be adventuring with you again."
Last edited by Bluelissa on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bluelissa
Easy prey

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Alexander
Nation: Bastok
Title: Guiding Star

Postby Odine on Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:04 am

Odine was glad to see his old comrade had not forgotten him despite the time that had separated their paths. His words regarding fate and the lack of will or means to change it brought about a chuckle as the Dark Knight contemplated over such concepts. In the eyes of this particular adventurer, such a notion as fate was malleable to a degree.

"Perhaps, old friend. Perhaps."

There did exist free choice and the ability to change that choice, but who was to say there was no underlying force guiding the important decisions unbeknown to those caught up in it's maelstrom of seeming uncertainty. In Odine's eyes, he felt he had a firm control over his own destiny; a tale he himself wrote with every passing day. Yet even so, he was not so foolish as to believe it was all under his complete, meticulous control. Gods and men wishing to be gods always tried to drive the destinies of those lesser beings. To be unaware of this notion, was to be subject to it.

It seemed their intentions were ones of haste, as little time was spent beyond the greeting, Rosalyn parting with small bits of information to relay what she knew of the situation. Odine knew of the Zilart, indeed..Yet nothing of these factions had ever been uncovered, at least by himself or any he consorted with. He certainly had questions, but the nature of their quest seemed a mysterious one from the beginning and mysteries often found a way of remaining so until they were ready to be unfurled. One burning question was upon his mind, however, as they ascended the mountain through it's many caves and pathways; what exactly was Rosalyn's tie with these factions? For something so important to the history of Vana'diel, it was certainly unknown to a many great deal..Yet she knew. This disturbed him most, but such inklings of doubt would be kept unrevealed for the time being. Though he would not let such concerns show upon his countenance, he certainly would be watching the woman.

Once they were within the arena, Odine found the absence of any threat or answers a bit perplexing. Had their presence been betrayed? Were the forces at work here already long gone? Or perhaps, in hiding, waiting to spring a trap. It is this thought that has him resolve to be even more aware whilst they stood there and as the moments seemed to drag on with nothing, he felt himself only growing more eager to see what was to come. Had this woman betrayed the group of adventurers? Were they nothing more than lambs that were lead to a slaughter? Odine was one to always give the benefit of the doubt, but to say this all wasn't suspicious in the least would be a fool's mistake he would not make.

Suddenly, movement behind them and spoken words toward Rosalyn. So she was involved in this? Odine's initial reaction was to draw and ready his scythe, but such a brash action could warrant an attack where there was none. The tone was not menacing and as Odine turned quickly to find it's source, he could see the individual was not wielding any weapon toward them. He did seem to know the woman, though and this only raise more questions while seeking to affirm certain suspicions.

Rather than act on those suspicions, however, Odine decided to accept their tale for what it was worth for the moment. He had remained standing where they were when Valt'aire had made his presence known whilst the two conversed over their business, but now that more had been explained and Volt'aire's attention had turned toward the rest of the party, he decided to step forward. "We accompanied your friend here to investigate the strange lights that were reported to have been seen above Horlais Peak. What have you been doing here? Surely you knew it would raise concerns for the citizens of San d'Oria."

Odine would disregard his suspicion involving the matter of Rosalyn leaving out that she would perhaps find an ally here and not enemies. Such inquiries would be left for another time. For now, he wanted to know just what was happening and for what purpose. The fact that two members of the group were leaving and suspicions of Rosalyn's involvement had grown left Odine a bit on edge. If things were to take a turn for the worse, Odine would be left to stave off the threat with only Microcuts, Valkyr and Urth. They still outnumbered Rosalyn and Volt'aire, but Odine knew the power of the Zilart was not one to be underestimated..
..A wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Thanks for the sig Yamoto!
Odine
Easy prey

World: Unicorn
Title: Agent of the Allied Forces
Jobs: Drk75 Blm75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:10 am

Valkyr listened to the story with deep intent.

So the Zilart are still up to their old tricks...

Talk about stupid.

Yeah...still, haven't heard of a Zilart since a long time back...

Anyways, what do you think?

Huh...dunno, I think he's friendly. Rosalyn's nice too.

You think so?

Stop being suspicious.

If you lived a life like I did, you would always keep your claws unsheathed.

Mmh...

Valkyr was intending on continuing the conversation, but the sudden departure of Aeric caught him off guard. Great -- he was now stuck between two paths. He wanted to know more about the Corsair from royalty, but he supposed his current duty bound him to investigate the lights on the mountain. He opened his mouth to ask about the strange lights, but Odine had already beat him to it.

This man's answer would be quite interesting indeed -- for what need would he have shot a bright light if he didn't intend on meeting Rosalyn in the first place? After all, their meeting was simply by chance, wasn't it? Or was this all a guise?

You thought the same thing I did, huh?

As much as I have to admit it, yeah. From what we've been through, you're the only one I can trust through and through.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Cemalidor on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:59 am

((Sorry folks, was too occupied to write that much the last days. ^^))

Cemalidor, undecided what to do, had opted to pay Ghelsba a visit anyway. Not willing to walk all the way up to the fort he went through the Yughott Grotto. Granted those Orcs wouldn't be a match for him, but to save himself the hassle he decided to use some of the dancer technics he learned. So Cemalidor walked unsighted and unheart among the Orcs, heading for the stronghold here.
Sam/Rdm/Blm/Thf/Drg/Dnc/Bst/Pld/Pup 99, Mnk 60, Smn 52, War 51, Nin 51, Whm 51, Blu 45. Having all jobs ( :cheer: )
Citizen of San'doria/Ragnarok, Rank 6 ^^ :h5_b.gif:

Lukikiis personal Besieged RADAR
I'm not evil, I'm just very creative.
Cemalidor
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (620)
World: Ragnarok
Title: Prishe's Buddy

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:08 am

It was dark, Altrage pressed his hands against a cool damp wall to guide himself down a hallway. He stumbled around the blow to his head made everything unstable and the drugs that they had given him made him even more woozy. He could hear the echo of his armor reverberate down the hall. Though no one came to his aid. His armor was tattered, the once reflective surface was now dulled and scratched. Pieces hung barely to the structure of his armor as he stumbled down the darkened hallway towards a single light from a distant room. As he approached he heard voices but couldn't make out what they were saying.

He stopped at the door way and slowly peered in. On a table lied a figure, but Altrage was having trouble making out who it was. Two puppets hopped around with their masters about the operating table. The two masters were muttering something but the drugs prevented Altrage from unstanding what it was they were talking about. Once his eyes focused on what was on the table, he grew red with angry. Darka lied on the table, bare consciencious from the drugs. She was bound by the wrists and ankles and chest.

"Darka!" he cried out as he bust into the room. Immediately the two masters and their puppets spun around in fear from the beastly cry.
"Altrage..." she managed to say. He could see her bound hand trying to reach out for him. He began to run towards her to set her free, but three men dressed in elegant garb appeared from out of no where and restrained him.

"What are you doing with her? Stop that!" he exclaimed temporarily breaking free from grasp, "Stop that in the name of the kingdom!" But just as soon as he broken free the three men had him bound again. He reached out his hand trying to grab Darka's but he was just out of reach. He could feel the warmth of her skin yet an ocean of coldness flowed between them.

"Your title means nothing here, boy!" sneered one of the three men.

"Argh! Let me go!" he exclaimed breaking free once more. He ran up to Darka and leaned over her and began to unstrap her wrists, but the men were on him again. He elbowed one in rage followed by a hook to the face on another. He knocked the last one down while the Puppets and their masters quivered in a corner of the room.

"Al...trage..." she managed to stammer as he untied the other wrist. He sat her up and they embraced. He could feel her tears running down her face; as did she. They knew they would not get out of this; there was no way, Altrage knew this the moment he broke in to the room.

"I lo-" Altrage began but was cut short from a sharp blow to the back of his head from the hilt of a sword.

Altrage jerked up from his bed in a cold sweat. Just a bad dream. He thought to himself as he got out of bed. Immediately his eyes fell on the armor from his dream, although it had been restored since then. It had its normal dark purplish-blue hue with the silver designing on it. A fashionable polearm by the name of Thalassocrat hung from the wall behind it, the old days.

"The days I served as the Dragoon Knight for the king...my supposed father," he said aloud to no one. He walked over and ran his fingers down the armor slowly taking in all the detail, the texture, the design, the quality craftmanship.

"What a false sense of honor, and chivalry knighthood is," he mused to himself, "It must be nice to know that you've been a pawn to the world for a lifetime. A trick for him to have played on me, make me the fool. To bastardize your own flesh and blood and have him work as pawn to your biddings. Damn him!" Altrage clenched his fists at the thought of the treachery.

"I will make them all pay for their sins," Altrage vowed, "Mother, Darka in your names I will avenge you, for no crime shall go unpunished, no matter the ranking." Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Altrage, Alix has confirmed a vessel approached the isle," the voice said, it belonged to Carlia, "Seems like the Summit will begin soon."

"Make the last minute preparations to our defensive plan, make sure Hobb and Macxero have completed the transference of the scroll, and make sure our guests never see anyone enter or exit the base," Altrage commanded through the door as he slipped on his gear, "It's time to set the stage."
Last edited by OMEGA_HACK on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Blog: View Blog (7)
World: Shiva
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Pursuer of the Truth
Jobs: DRG + COR + SCH

Postby urthdigger on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:07 pm

This was an interesting development. Aeric and Blue leaving, the mysterious individual turning out to be a zilart... this is just like that one time. Things in the past sure have a way of coming back to haunt you.

"I wonder if it's ever possible to have a time when there isn't someone trying to create a weapon to destroy the world. I do have to wonder, what were the lights we saw up here? And why come here, of all places?"
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Rosalyn was beginning to worry about the number of people that had left completely disregarding the situation. She felt horrible for leading them up there without so much of an explaination, and felt the fool for expecting a fight. As the conversation continued on and people began asking questions, she became very self aware and shrunk aside, hoping no one would blame her.

"Well, the lights in the sky are simple to explain... and I am partially to blame. Resha's affinity for fire caused quite a stir when we visited the Far East. Many thought she was the reincarnation of their god, and we were confronted by the man who wielded that blade of fire. Resha was pitted against him in combat, and she was engulfed by his flames. However, she was completely unharmed and since then her strength has increased. We came here, to the top of this mountain, so she could have somewhere to train in seclusion." Volt'aire sighed and rolled his eyes. "And because she wanted to go to the hot springs..." He placed his hands on his hips and took up an annoyed stance. "At first only the Orcs were concerned with our making camp in their territory. They sent some troops up and were quickly rebuked. Then I realized that her fire could be seen in the sky as far as La'Thiene and decided it would be best if we left before any more troubles arose."
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:14 pm

"Oh, is that all?" the Tarutaru placed his hands on his hips and leaned forward, smirking. "Hahah," he laughed. "I suppose it was kind of understandable..."

THAT huge for these things?

Eh, it's not impossible to imagine an angry fire-witch to blow up many monsters with the highest tier of fire magic.

...I suppose you're right.

Aside from the exchange, the Tarutaru did have a bit of fun coming up, so it wasn't so bad. Still, there was no sign of their orc-friend thus far, which put a bit of a damp on the trip. But not like anyone could complain -- the trip did give him some fresh air. He relaxed himself and stretched his arms. "Well, then. I'd like to see where this goes." he said. After all, it's not everyday one would get a chance to oversee something that might alter the fate of the world. The history of the Kuluu and Zilart was also pretty interesting -- if anything, he'd learn more about stupidity existing before most of the world's races arrived, or maybe learn a thing or two about now-extinct flora and fauna.

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Who, him? Screw him, it's not like he cares.

I suppose so. I have no idea what mouse did that guy's brain come from, but he still lets us roam about, so I can't complain.

Pretty weird, given the circumstances of my rejoining...

The Tarutaru nodded. "I'd be glad to follow you on this if you don't mind, you two." he motioned to Rosalyn and Volt'aire.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Microcuts on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Microcuts was rather frustrated by the lack of information Aeric had provided her. On the other hand, it was good to know that some form of trail existed, assuming the thief Aeric is referring to is one and the same that Microcuts is after, that is. She also had no reason to reveal certain things, so it was only fair to allow Aeric to keep some of his secrets as they are.

Microcuts bid farewell to him as he made his departure from the group, and rejoined everyone else, chatting up the all too fascinating Zilart. Not realizing the seriousness of the conversation as she knew little of the Zilart and the Kuluu, but wanting to learn more, she decided it would be best to try and keep them under her nose as much as possible.

"It doesn't take a Special Task Force or whatever to realize something was going on up here...If anything, we're just a bunch of pick-ups from the tavern," Microcuts joked, "At any rate, I suggest you relocate. If we all knew of it, who knows who else might venture up here?" she turned towards Volt'aire and Rosalyn, "If you need a place to lay low for few days, or just a place to talk in privacy, I'll even offer my place, though it's not exactly fire-proof...When do you suppose this Resha of yours will return? Has she been gone to town long?"
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:25 pm

Altrage walked up to the Summit from the secret loft entrance to see the large vessel pulling up to the beach. Just then three familar figures appeared, Magnifico, Sieu, and Pacco all lept over the railing to the pirate ship and land softly on the sand below. The time is drawing near. He thought. My plan will come to be, it must, I will not allow anyone to stop it. Just then from below the deck numerous beastmen appeared. Altrage counted seven all of different race. An Orc wearing an odd golden head piece lept over the railing along with a slimy looking snake enchantress. Next were a pecular looking Yagudo and a two headed Mamool Ja. Then there was a Gigas who had markings on his body and the biggest troll Altrage had ever seen. Finally a quadav with a shell that looked unpenatrible lept over the railing to join the rest.

"Looks like the cast is all here," Altrage mused, "I assume you have the neck pieces ready Carlia?" He said to Carlia who had silently approached behind them.

"Of course," she replied, "Everyone from our group is wearing one except you and our three companions below."

"Get them on those three as soon as possible we want to assure our guests we have no intentions of causing harm," Altrage instructed, "As for me, I will put mine out when they put theirs on as a token of trust. Now where are the dischargers?" He took the neck pieces from her as she fumbled through her pouch.

"Right here," Carlia said revealing two units with buttons that were locked behind a clear glass. Altrage carefully took the two objects from her and placed them in his pockets.

"And the scrolls?" he double checked.

"I've placed the invisibility spell on them," she replied, "they are up against the mountain side on a table, invisible from plain sight."

"Very good," Altrage replied, "Now, once the beastmen lords arrive at the summit, its just me and them. I want everyone else to board the ship, get as many supplies as you can from the base without being a distraction and have everyone wait for me, understood?"

"Yes, sir," she replied with a salute which Altrage returned.

"Now go," he urged and with that Carlia was gone. Altrage stood alone again at the near top of the mountain. Now is the time to change the fate of the world, to change the very views of vana'diel. He thought. Just then Magnifico and company reached the top of the mountain. The three companions were already wearing their neck pieces. It was a simple chain collar and attached to the front of the necklace was a bomb core that was set to explode when one of the buttons were pressed.

"Hey Altrage! Long time no-" Magnifico began but Altrage's sharp look stopped him dead in his tracks.

"We are to set the stage, remember?" Altrage warned underhis breath as Magnifico passed him to lead the beastmen to where they would stand.

"Right," Magnifico muttered back. The beastmen were standing the closest to the edge of the summit a plan that Altrage had insisted just incase one of them could sense the presence of the scrolls. Once the Beastmen lords had be situated, Magnifico disappeared.

"Why you comrades have shiny neck piece?" asked Overlord Badgodek.

"First, Welcome to the first ever Summit meeting, good sirs and ma'dam" exclaimed Altrage with his arms wide open giving a slight bow, "Now these necklaces each one of you will have to put on as well. sadly, for the time being." Immediately the beastmen grew restless.

"Now, now, calm down," Altrage started, "there is no need to get all upset, it's merely for my crew's sake, as we are all wearing one too, so must you." He produced a neckpiece for each of the beastmen and handed one out to each. Medusa amused by the shiny pendant put on the necklace almost immediately without concern as with the Gurfurlur the Menacing and Tzee Xicu the Manifest.

"Your companies promise us power unimaginable!" exclaimed the Gigas, Alkyoneus, "yet all you do is give us stupid shiny gift?!" The beastmen mummered in accord but Altrage quickly turned their attention towards him.

"In due time, Beastmen Lords," he said, "Now if you will please. Just put on the necklaces, as I am too." Altrage put the last necklace around his own neck. The bombcore's red light was pulsating around his neck.

"Now here in my pockets are two units that can make these bomb cores explode causing the wearer to die," Altrage informed the beastmen, "Overlord Badgodek, since you showed the most concern I shall give you one and I shall hold the other. This way we can remain on neutral grounds. Oh and I should warn you, it matters not your strength to resist fire magic, as these bomb cores have been tested and can blow a hole in this side of this mountain all the way to the other side."

"You pretend to know uss well boy," the Lamia hissed, "yet we could ssnap you in two before you even though about pressssing the button."

"Ah yes, I was afraid of that," Altrage mused turning his back to them and looking at the mountain side, "But then you realize that I have my crew down below who would active the second defensive plan."

"Oh and what is that?" asked Tzee Xicu, "another one of your silly tricks I presume?"

"Something like that," Altrage said, "See inside this wall is planted twenty of these very same bomb cores. The rest between rock and very highly compressed magma. My crew is watching me right now, and they have the trigger for those bomb cores on my ship, which they will not hesitate to pull the trigger if something were to happen to me."

"I must ask you child of Altana," started the Adamantking, "Why is it you have turned to the ex-confederate for aid? Why do you offer us power unimaginable?"

"Because I'm tired of the pety ways of mankind," Altrage stated, "I'm tired of history being written in accordance to kings and leaders. This fairytale world they have created is based around lies and convictions. For that they must be punished, with the help of the newly formed Confederate this dream of mine can become a reality."

"Are you inssissting that we join together with the beasstmen from the middle landss?" sneered the Lamia. The though of working together fumed her.

"Yes, actually I am," Altrage insisted, "you must, the problem with the Crystal War was that is was five versus four. A problematic obstacle to begin with. But with all of the Beastmen around the globe united, you would be unstopable!"

"You kind would hold no rank in us," Overlord Badgodek stated, "We kill all kid of Altana."

"When that time comes, then so be it," Altrage stated, "For I too must pay for my sins, and if death be the price then I shall open my arms and embrace it."

"You are a true warrior," the Quadav stated, "If you had alone be born a Quadav you'd hold rank in my armies."

"Sadly that be not case..." Altrage said, "So what says you? Will you form the Confederate once again to crush your enemies?" The Beastmen lord looked about themselves and nodded in accord.

"We shall form our alliance once more to cleanse the world of its sins," the Yagudo stated as the rest of the Lords nodded.

"Good, now we can get down to business," Altrage stated, "I have before you a special scroll, one which will make your armies even more powerful that ever." Alrage lifted his finger and with a snap the invisibility ward was released showing the beastmen seven scrolls that were laid on a table top. Immediately the beastmen started to stand in excitement and curiousity.

"Please, please, sit down good sirs and ma'dams," Altrage started, "Need I remind you that if you appear to approach me too quickly the bomb cores in the mountain side will be triggered and we will all die." Reconsidering their move the beastmen lords all sat down again and waited for Altrage to finish explaining.

"Tell us what does this scroll do?" asked the two-headed Mamool Ja, Gurlool Ja Ja, "Yes, yes we are curious as to the potental of this mighty scroll we see before us."

"These seven scrolls are the only ones of their kind," Altrage began, "They hold the power to make the caster invincible for ever. This is the once thought to be lost, scroll of Utsusemi: San."

"We heard stories of scroll," Gurfurlur mentioned, "According to past, it turn caster to shadow for ever! Make him invincible for ever!"

"You are absolutely correct, good sir," Altrage said.

"But what do you want from uss," hissed Medusa, "Ssurely we cannot accept thiss gift from you without you getting anything in return."

"Yes, there is something I desire," the Corsair stated looked down at the dirt below him, "but luckily it falls within your goals as well."

"What you mean?" asked the Orc Lord.

"My only desire is that you target the Empire of Aht Urghan first," he revealed, "remove them from exist and you will have completed my request. Your honor bounds you to it once you take this scroll and if you choose to ignore my request, then the Empire will at your toes anyway, that nation is the largest of all the nations and the most wealthy, it would seem logical to take it down first to begin with at any rate."

"You request will be honored," Overlord Badgodek responded after some silence.

"Good then if that is all let me give the signal to my crew mates that everything has gone well and you may collect your scrolls," Altrage started pulling his hexagun from its holster. He shot a Fire round into the air and ushered the beastmen to pick up one scroll each from the table.

"There is also a scroll of Instant Warp on the table for each of you too," Altrage noted, "please take it for your convience and if you would just remove the neckpieces once you have reached your home just for safety purposes." The beastmen lords followed Altrage's instruction and all used the warp scroll and disappeared in thin air. Now to wait for them to arrive. Altrage said as he ran down to the ship to depart.

((Sorry for the very long post I was going to post half of it last night but my internet was acting all fishy))
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:47 pm

Volt'aire looked up to the sky, night was quickly approaching. "She's been gone almost all day, but we needed to restock for wherever our travels take us, so it's nothing too unusual."

"Volt'aire!" a quiet, feminine voice spoke up, originating from nowhere in the vicinity.

"Speak of the demon..." he muttered as he reached up into the petasos on his head, pulling out a crimson colored linkpearl. "Resha, we were just talking about you." There was no response from the linkpearl save for static. "That's interesting..." Volt'aire shook the pearl and crackling noises eminated from it.

"Volt'aire! I saw him," Resha voice said through the static. "Saw him here in San d'O-" more static. "with an army of taru and mit-"

Rosalyn looked up, no longer hiding away in her own little world. Something was wrong.

"I'm going to go fight him!" Resha's last words echoed, and then there was silence from the linkpearl.

"Sweet Altana," Rosalyn whispered. "She said army. He's there right now. What are we going to do?"

Volt'aire made swift strides over to Rosalyn and gripped her by the arm, shaking her sharply. "Snap out of it." he growled. "You've been passive and sulky since you got here and we don't need that right now." Rosalyn's eyes widened in shock at his sharp words. "We've got magic firepower covered between Resha and I, what we really need is for you to get out of this funk and do what you normally do. We need the Vanishing Rose right now, not a heap of tears."

Rosalyn swallowed hard and nodded. She looked to the group as she dug into her bag. "I attuned my Warp Cudgel to the home point crystal in the San d'Orian residential district. I'll go gear up for a fight." She looked to Volt'aire. "Can you get them down the mountain as quickly as possible?"

"I can get them to the base, they'll have to run from there." Volt'aire nodded. Rosalyn nodded in return and held up her Warp Cudgel. Darkness swallowed around her and she vanished from the mountaintop. Volt'aire turned to the rest of the adventurers that were still with him. "One escape spell, coming right up."

A few seconds later, darkness had swallowed the group of them and they were once again in West Ronfaure. Voltaire started walking quickly in the directin of San d'Oria, and stopped suddenly when a pillar of flame shot high into the air originating from the city. Volt'aire turned to the group. "Pardon me, but I can travel faster than you. Please come as quickly as you can." The Zilart floated off of the ground and flew toward San d'Oria, leaving the group of adventurers behind.

((operation save San d'Oria is go!))
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Microcuts on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Microcuts shook off the typical side-effect of sudden warping. Everything was happening too fast for her as she started sprinting towards the city walls. Sand'Oria may not be her birth place, but she's been there long enough to care.

"Ma'am!" a voice called from few yalms ahead. It was Palcomondau, one of the Elvaan scouts constantly patrolling the forest, "All is normal in the Western fron-"

"Not now, you moron! Head to the city and report to your superior!" Microcuts interrupted him.

She didn't care to check if anyone had fallen behind or not. She didn't care that Rosalyn and the Zilart went ahead of her. All that mattered was that someone had the nerves to disturb her dear Sand'Oria.

Microcuts stood before the city gates. She could hear the clamor just beyond the wall. Her heart began to beat faster, but she didn't reach for her surcoat flap. She took a deep breath, and focused.

It might be wise to find Rosalyn first...she'll know better of what we're up against. Residential district, was it?

From the Western Gates, the residential district was a fair distance - Microcuts would have to pass the Phoenix Perch Inn, through the Parade Ground, and the courtyard by the Cathedral. She tossed her great axe on the ground, and reached for her magical gobbie bag, pulling out two hand axes.

Gripping one tightly in each hand, she looked up, and prepared to dash through.

"Here goes nothing..." she murmured to herself as she lunged in.

((Palcomondau ftw!D: ))
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:33 pm

((Laughed so hard at that post with the NPC lol; well done))
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:49 pm

((lol, the part with the NPC was hilarious. much <3 ))

When Rosalyn appeared in the residential district the place was in an uproar. Women and children were running for shelter and adventurers of all races and jobs were rushing out to defend the city. Rosalyn quickly ducked inside her rented room and threw her Scholar equipment to the floor as quickly as she could. The rent-a-room Moogle flew about in panic, trying to catch the clothes and straighten the room out. Rosalyn changed into her Mirage attire, grabbing her two Kilij at the door as she rushed out. Her mantle billowed out behind her as she ran past a group of adventurers, the designs along the edges dancing as if they were alive. A sharp crack of the cape and she was gone.

Rosalyn stepped out of the residential area into South San d'Oria and was surprised at what she saw. Hundreds of Taru and Mithra filled the street, doing battle with adventurers and San d'Orian recruits alike. Each one of the taru and mithra wore heavy helmets covering their faces and Windurstian Aketons.

"Assume all adventurers affiliated with Windurst to be the enemy, men!" a high ranking soldier shouted as the Temple Knights plowed through a line of supposed Windurstian troops. They couldn't possibly be real Windurstians, there were no Combat Casters. No Mithra Mercenaries. There weren't even any Cardians. San d'Oria was being decieved, and yet, it was the only obvious explaination.

Rosalyn was boiling with rage. She herself was from Windurst, and this impersonation sent waves of anger through her. It was sacrilage. Something deep inside her rumbled, bubbling from within. Something that clawed to break free. Rosalyn narrowed her eyes and let it out. She threw back her head and let out a mighty roar that stuck everyone in the vicinity dead in their tracks. The Temple Knights, the adventurers, the supposed Windurstian army. They all stared at her for a moment in fright.

Rosalyn took a single step. The ground underneath her foot crumbled as if something far heavier than her had stepped onto the cobblestone. Within the blink of an eye, she was gone. A large commotion erupted further down the street and soldiers from both sides were launched into the air, a wave of bodies riding a force that rushed towards the residential district knocking over everything in its path.

"Cannonball." Rosalyn said quietly from the origin of the mayhem. She pulled the hood of her mantle over her head and disappeared.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Aeric on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:41 am

Aeric erupts from the seconed floor of the Lion Springs Tavern, landing with both swords drawn.

"The tavern is secure!" He shouts to the militia in the area, ushering residents inside for safety. Blue and Aeric were well inside town when the attack happened and thought it would be best to divide their efforts.

Aeric is suddenly engaged by a Mithra with a pole arm, from which he quickly defends. From behind her, a second spawns and attacks using a long sword. Weapons spark as they collide during the battle, as the two press forward a third mithra engages.

Aeric suddenly becomes concerned as they begin to eat through his shadows.

With a side step, Aeric manages to run his blade through the Mithra using the pole arm. Using this moment to gain some advantage he blinds one opponent and sleeps the other.

Aeric grins rougishly as one mithra frantically attacks the air, blinded, and her companion sleeps standing on her feet.

Aeric quickly renews his defensive spells (stoneskin, Phalanx) and shadows. With a grin his twin blades become engulfed in enfire, as he scans the battle area.

Wait a minute...there is no blood.

But before Aeric can evaluate more a great shadow engulfs the area. Spinning around, Aeric looks up and watches helplessly as a large catapult projectile descends upon him.

Damn...talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Though Aeric has no time to react, his thoughts seem to cover much ground. He sees the smiling faces of his friends and loved ones. He acknowledges regret in not being able to warn his comrades or help the people of San d'Oria. If Aeric is grateful of one thing, it is that Bluelissa is not with him.

May the gods watch over her...

The explosion deals massive damage to the surrounding structures, blasting warriors and residents alike. Aerics body is buried beneath the ground and heavy rubble...though his tattered hat remains above ground, resting on a pole.
Last edited by Aeric on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing