FFXI Play by Post

Re: FFXI Play by Post

Postby Aeric on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:31 pm

((lol double post sorry))
Last edited by Aeric on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Nation: Bastok
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby RosalynSable on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:32 pm

((Having trouble with your posts, Aeric? lol))
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Odine on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:29 am

Odine stood in silent contemplation, hazel gaze peering in no particular direction rom 'neath the alloys of the burgeonet. His thoughts delved into the possibilities that lay before him. Just what could be causing the lights seen above the peak? Perhaps the orcs were experimenting with a new type of weapon or magic, or perhaps they were merely having a party. The thought brought about a laugh from the Dark Knight as he considered how crude it would be for him to just show up and crash the festivities. He knew the latter was not likely the case, however. No, some daunting aura drew him nigh this day. Was it fate? Had he decided to partake in some other adventure for the day would he have still be drawn to this location through some strange means?

Whilst he struggled with the concept of being bound to fate as a prisoner was to his shackles, Odine heard a small bit of commotion emanating from the cave behind him. Turning, Odine would straighten his posture and furrow his brow whilst he peered through the morning sun's glare to find out just who was making their way here. Perhaps a less seasoned group of adventurers having come to test their mettle against the orcish stronghold, or perhaps it was as he surmised; more had been drawn to the peculiar happenings on Horlais Peak. Odine wasn't exactly a giant of a man, nor was his girth anything menacing. He stood at a height slightly taller than the average hume, somewhere around six foot, three inches and his build was no more refined than that of any other seasoned combatant, though this wasn't exactly visible as the blackened alloys of his abyss cuirass hid most of his features despite being quite form fitting.

From the attire and stature of the allies that strode in, Odine could tell this was no measly group of adventurers seeking thrills and excitement; they were here with purpose. With destiny. Rather pleased, Odine smiled as he moved forward to greet them.

"Hail, adventurers. Might I be so bold as assume the nature of your visit here? To investigate the unusual happenings atop Horlais Peak?"

Odine had a feeling he was right on the gil as he called out to his potential allies. It is as he draws a bit closer that he realizes he knows one of them, the Galka. This causes his smile to broaden and become a bit warmer.

"Well, if it isn't Urthdigger. How fares your travels, old friend? Have you, too, been swept up by the hands of fate?"

Odine was certain there was more to this than meets the eye now. It seemed more and more likely that more forces than chance were dealing the cards at this point. He had been skeptical of investigating on his own, as he knew Vana'diel was capable of quite the few dangerous surprises, yet now the idea that this lot were likely on the same path brought him assurance. No matter how powerful one may become, there was no power on Vana'diel that could match the bonds and alliances formed amongst like minded adventurers.
..A wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Thanks for the sig Yamoto!
Odine
Easy prey

World: Unicorn
Title: Agent of the Allied Forces
Jobs: Drk75 Blm75

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:27 am

"Everyone is coming to check this thing out, aren't they?" Rosalyn mused out loud. The Dark Knight seemed friendly enough, and knew their Galka companion. That was more than enough for her, but it also added a new factor into her equations. The beast inside her quickly calculated out the new scenarios and Rosalyn was very pleased by the results. She smiled warmly to the tall man. "We are in fact heading to the peak for that very reason. I believe I know the cause of the mysterious lights."

Rosalyn filled the Dark Knight in on the current situation and invited him to investigate the peak with them. "It's really important that we get up there as quickly as possible, so lets try not to drag behind." Rosalyn walked ahead of the group and lead the way through the caverns to the upper level of the Orc stronghold. The trip through the cave tunnels seemed pretty easy, though the Orcs here were weak compared to her team of adventurers. The Orc payed them no mind as they traveled higher and higher up the mountain on their way to the peak.

The Orcish structures that made line the mountain side were actually well made, and Rosalyn always thought they looked nice. It was a shame that the Beastmen couldn't cooperate with the other races of Vana'diel. There were those like the Goblins and the Qiqirn who worked for Gil, and were friendly for the most part. If only there was a way to make them all get along. Rosalyn sighed and shook her head at the Orcs that watched them carefully as they approached the higher level of the caverns.

They would be at the peak shortly. A few more twists and turns and they would be at the Burning Circle that would take them to the peak. As they entered the small room with the Burning Circle glowing on the ground Rosalyn looked over the group of adventurers once more. "I don't know how they will react to seeing me. It could turn violent fast, so everyone be ready." Rosalyn held out her hand and her White Grimoire appeared in the air. She focused on the book, read the Accession stratagem out loud and casted Protect IV on the party. She read it once more and casted Shell IV on the group. The Grimoire disappeared and she casted Stoneskin on herself and focused on storing her mana for the fight to come.

After resting for a few minutes, she ushered them all onto the Burning Circle and the next thing she knew they were on the peak. A short walk up the hill would bring them to the highest point. Rosalyn swallowed hard and strode up the hillside with her group following behind. And when they reached the top... it was empty. Rosalyn's face sunk. There was no one there. No one at all. She ran out into the center of the large arena like room and looked around. Completely empty. "This...doesn't make sense..." She looked up to the group of adventurers she had dragged up there.

"Rosalyn, what are you doing here?" a voice asked from the far side of the arena.

Rosalyn turned quickly and saw a young man standing where there had been none before. He had simply appeared out of nowhere. Golden eyes underneath small glasses glowed in the shadows of his brown tattered petasos adorned with a crescent moon, silver hair spilling from underneath. He wore heavy boots and a pair of slops adorned with a long half skirt. A black doublet finished off his attire. Rosalyn's eyes began to tear up when she saw him

"Volt'aire!" Rosalyn covered the distance quickly and threw her arms around the young man, embracing him tightly as she cried into his shoulder. He staggered for a moment, not expecting her weight to suddenly be on top of him, and he awkwardly returned the hug. "I can't find him..." she whimpered between sobs.

"Not to be a complete jerk or anything," the Zilart said as he looked up from Rosalyn to the group of adventurers. "But this is kind of embarrassing..."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Bluelissa on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 am

As Blue arrives at the San'dorian stables, in the distance she can see Aeric walking away from a group in her direction.

As they approach each other, Blue welcomes Aeric. She thanks him for waiting and apologizes for her delayed arrival. "I assume that is the party ahead. May it be best if we grab a chocobo and hurry to catch up with them? You can explain to me the seriousness of this situation as we make our way..."
Bluelissa
Easy prey

Blog: View Blog (4)
Title: Guiding Star

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:54 am

Valkyr raised an eyebrow upon the strange scene. It almost seemed like it was going to be a fight a minute ago, but upon this chance meeting, Rosalyn had only come across a friend. He crossed his arms and stroked his chin. "Nice to meet you too." he smirked.

Hey, kid.

What is it?

Didn't you notice?

About her? Yeah. Scent's very clear to me.

Well, that just simply proves she wasn't playing dress up last night.

Good on us. Still, it's not normal for us to find them running about.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby urthdigger on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:55 pm

"Well, if it isn't Urthdigger. How fares your travels, old friend? Have you, too, been swept up by the hands of fate?"

I grinned as I saw my old companion, Odine. We'd been through plenty together, it was nice to see a familiar face. "I wouldn't say that. Believing in fate is for people without the strength or will to change it. As for your first question, I've been fine, though work has been slow lately."

My mood was a lot better as we made our way up the mountain. I'd always liked caves, and being underground. Stone and metal were dependable, something you could trust. Unless of course some idiot caused a cave-in, in which case you found out pretty quickly that stone and metal were also very heavy. For the most part though, I felt safe and secure.

When we reached the peak, Rosalyn advised us on the possible dangers. No worries, even if I didn't have time to draw my weapons, I wouldn't be unarmed. Regardless, I kept a tight grip on the handle of my baghnakhs as we entered. At first, there was nobody there as Rosalyn strode to the center. Then I blinked, and saw a man standing at the far end of the arena. I changed my stance, keeping a close eye on the pair as they greeted each other and then... hugged?

I released my grip on my weapons, walking awkwardly over to Odine "Well... see? If it had been fate, we would have had a fight up here. Fate wouldn't have a reason for me to watch a touching reunion. Cute though."

----

Aside from the occasional wild animal and the workers at the dock, I could see nobody else here. Especially no beastmen. However, off in the distance I saw the manaclipper approaching. They wouldn't take that here... would they? Granted, I couldn't think of any other way they could, but... that seemed a little overt.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Microcuts on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:41 pm

"Um...Rosalyn?" Microcuts called for her, who was all too emotional to even show a hint of awareness to her company.

I know she said a peaceful and diplomatic approach but...just what is she doing?

Microcuts was more puzzled than ever. Her initial suspicion of the strange Mithra that had subsided returned along with the mysterious man she was now embracing. She lowered her weapon, but did not ease her grip.

"Well... see? If it had been fate, we would have had a fight up here. Fate wouldn't have a reason for me to watch a touching reunion. Cute though." said Urthdigger to Odine.

Valkyr, strangely enough, seemed to have accepted the turn of events as he, too, greeted the man. Microcuts stepped forward and interrupted.

"Cute, yes, but she owes us more than a heartwarming scene," she said, turning towards Rosalyn, "Are you going to introduce him to us Rosalyn?"
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Rosalyn released her hold on her friend and turned to face the group. Her face was blushed as she wiped her eyes and cleaned her glasses with the hem of her skirt. She cleared her throat before speaking, fearing her voice would waver.

"This is Volt'aire, a friend of mine." Rosalyn said, her voice weak. "For the last three months I have been looking for someone important to me, a mutual friend. I thought that Volt'aire had something to do with his disappearance and if that were the case I would have fought him." She hesitated. "My plan to come up here acting all tough didn't pan out though... I'm sorry."

Volt'aire placed a hand on her shoulder. "You haven't found Joseph yet?" Rosalyn shooked her head and glanced away. "Is it ok if I explain the details?" Rosalyn nodded slightly, and Volt'aire approached the group.

"My name is Volt'aire of the Crimson Moon, and I am not all that I seem. If you are not familiar with the Zilart, we are those who came before Altana's children. Our own pride brought an end to our civilization, however this story I am about to relate to you is no different. There were once two strong opposing factions amongst the Zilart. The Crimson Moon, and the Blue Soul. The reason for our war is lost to the ages, but a foretold prophecy guaranteed that the war would not end with our civilization. The leader of the Blue Soul, a powerful evil man, would be reborn again as one of Altana's children and continue the war against all life."

Volt'aire stopped to look over at Rosalyn. "The man of prophecy was Joseph. I met him and Rosalyn a year ago, and after a moment of conflict came to terms that Joseph had not yet been taken over by my old nemesis, and we parted on terms that if he were to turn I would end his life. Three months ago, our last meeting, Joseph disappeared."

"And you haven't seen him since?" Rosalyn asked.

"I would have told you," the Zilart replied. "I'm not as...cold hearted as some of my other bretheren. If Joseph has indeed turned then he is no doubt looking for a way to recreate their weapon. A brilliant stone with incredible power, the Blue Soul, named after their faction. They say it was created by sacrifcing a million Zilart, and could rival the power of the Wyrmking. I do not know if this weapon truly existed at one point or not, the cataclysm that destroyed our kind occured shortly after rumors of it became circulated. However," Volt'aire turned to face Rosalyn. "You know what you must do now."

Rosalyn nodded. "You spoke of it once before. The Dark Rosary. A task force of elite soldiers from both the Crimson Moon and the Blue Soul of like minds who's goal was to put a swift and abrupt end to the war. They believed that through subjugation and covert operations they could bring a peaceful end to the conflict."

"They were seeking the Blue Soul, trying to find the weapon and destroy it before it could be used." Volt'aire looked the group of adventurers over once more. "Is this your special task force?"
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Aeric on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 am

Aeric strokes his chin.

So as to not interrupt Volt'aire, he gently pulls Bluelissa closer to him and whispers into her ear.

"Sometime after the creation of Vana'diel and before the rise of the 5 common races, there existed 2 peoples. The first were a group of powerful beings of infinite wisdom and might. These people were called the Zilart. Ruling the land from their celestial capital of Al'taieu, the Zilart held the world in the palm of their hand. Led by the gatekeeper, legend has it that they held the keys to paradise."

"Eventually" Aeric continues "Some children of the Zilart were born without this great power. Seen as freaks they were outcast from the city and forced into the wilds. Here these people, the Kuluu as they would be known, found their own form of magic from the Avatars of the world."

Aeric takes a step forward and speaks out loud.

"What you're saying is that this age old conflict has not come to an end? Nearly destroying the world was not enough? Frankly, I'm not surprised the greed of your kin survived it's own apocolypse, only to threaten our world now."

Aeric shakes his head.

"I want to know more about this weapon."
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:15 am

"I cannot apologize for the actions of my kin," Volt'aire said to Aeric, sadness in his eyes. "And even if I could I know it would not be enough. They sought a paradise and blinded themselves to the world around them. They my not have seen it, but I know this Vana'diel is the true paradise."

"As for the Blue Soul, the weapon is a simple gem, holding the power of the million Zilart that were sacrificed to create it. If I were to describe it...." Volt'aire thought for a moment. "A month ago, Resha and I traveled to the far east. They said there was a man there who wielded a sword of flames that required hundreds of thousands of sacrifices to rejuvenate its power. If I were to make a guess, the Blue Soul is much like that. However... whether or not it truly was completed long ago is still up for debate. The Dark Rosary had never verified its existence."

"Where is Resha anyhow?" Rosalyn asked.

"She should be in town gathering supplies. We were going to be leaving here within a few days."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Aeric on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:36 am

Aeric approaches Rosalyn and kneels respectfully.

"It was my intention to see your safety during the climb up the peak, it seems though, all we have found are greater dangers. I am sorry Rosalyn...but I cannot go with you on this quest."

Aeric rises and looks over his shoulder to glance at Bluelissa.

"There are other obligations that need my attention." His gaze returns to the mithra with a grin "That's not to say our paths won't cross again."

Aeric walks over to Bluelissa, standing beside her, he faces the group.

"I must head to jeuno at once. I've believe I've given the Corsair thief a long enough head start."

Aeric stares at Volt'aire for a long moment before turning and begining his descent down Horlais Peak. And even though Aeric has formally parted ways with the group, he was in no way going to let them out of his sights.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Microcuts on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:20 am

"Wait," Microcuts called for Aeric, "I have some questions for you."

She motioned for Aeric and draggeed him towards a corner as to keep the conversation between the two.

"What brought you to Sand'Oria in the first place? Is it this 'thief' you speak of?" Microcuts asked, thinking carefully as not to expose her ties with the Tenshodo.

"I am currently investigating some stolen actifact...a scroll from a merchant in Norg, specifically. A pirate may have been involved." She looked over her shoulder to make sure no one else was listening in.

"I won't ask you to come with me, seeing as you are busy your self, but if you know of any underground trading of any sort, I would like to know more."
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby Bluelissa on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:26 am

((erased post to add later))
Last edited by Bluelissa on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluelissa
Easy prey

Blog: View Blog (4)
Title: Guiding Star

Postby Aeric on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 am

Aeric is caught off gaurd for a moment as he's dragged to a corner by Microcuts. He opened his mouth to comment on her strength but pauses as she explains her business with the scroll.

The fact that she was sent from Norg to investigate confirmed a suspicion that more than a few people were interested in the scroll. It was clear to him that whatever content the scroll contained was of great value.

In good faith, Aeric summerizes his story to Microcuts:

"I came here in the first place seeking treasure from King Artho. Unfortunantly, all I got from him and his crabby cohorts were rock salts and cloth. After retiring my efforts I decided to spend my last night in San d'Oria at the tavern, where I met Urth and the others you see here."

Aeric puts a hand to his chin.

"After stepping out for the night, I came across a sleeping Elvaan. He told me of a scroll, stolen from him by a Corsair. He offered me a comfortable amount of treasure to retrieve it."

Aeric squints his eyes at Microcuts.

"And for the record, I not only know of underground trading in San d'Oria but I also know the name of the thief. But until I know more of your employer and mine, I will not divulge that information."

Aeric turns and walks towards Bluelissa before stopping to turn and face Microcuts.

"I have a feeling all parties involved are doing things without any great awareness of the circumstances revolving this item. Accidents and coincedences are working in favor of the scroll...but to what avail, I'm afraid I don't know."

Aeric sighs dejectedly and leaves for San d'Oria with bluelissa.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing