FFXI Pbp: Chapter 3

FFXI Pbp: Chapter 3

Postby urthdigger on Sat May 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Windurst has been saved, but at what cost? Rosalyn is gone, and with the lack of a body Joseph's whereabouts are unknown. Still, the adventurers are able to enjoy their victory that night, since for the time being at least, there is no fighting for them.

Still, across the ocean another army prepares for battle as the beastmen confederacy marches on to Al Zhabi. Arriving by boat is the man who set the army in motion, as well as one moogle determined to save the city.

----

Gathered around a table at the Timbre Timbers Tavern, we all enjoyed a round of drinks as the battle was won. There was, of course, talk that a kill wasn't actually confirmed, but I considered the matter irrelevant: Alive or not, we had no idea where Joseph was, and not much we could do but wait for him to reappear.

"I've been thinking..." I said to my companions "I'm going to go back to Bastok. I'll have to do it sooner or later, and the longer I wait, the greater my sentence. I'm sure, given the circumstances, that the Republic will go easy on me."

My fellow musketeers had already gone back after the fight. Despite my talk of inevitability, I was hesitant to return. It was possible I would wind up spending my time in a cell, and that just did not sound like how I wanted to spend my time. However... it's not like I could continue my life as an adventurer. Mogwai was gone... to where I had no idea. I hoped she hadn't perished during the attack on San d'Oria, but there had to be some reason why she hadn't returned to find me. I wasn't so sure I could just go back to being a miner either. Mogwai was good at keeping secrets, but small things she let slip over the years revealed that there was something shady about the spell she cast on me when we first met. I'd already considered the possible dangers of my personality shifts, and even though my current frame of mind was rather stable, I don't know how it would turn out over time, stuck in it. Would my thrill to challenge myself make me violent? Maybe prison was the best option...

----

As I woke up the next morning, the sounds of the city drifted down to me. We would probably be arriving soon, my ears are a fair bit better than a hume's. I cleaned myself up, and finally got around to putting my clothes back on. Oh don't look at me like that, there's no pants in the set anyway. I tilted the hat back on my head to keep my face from being shadowed, figuring it was the best I could do to shift it from being intimidating to being respectable.

The rest of the crew was elsewhere as I flew into the kitchen. Probably still asleep. The scroll I had neglected to grab was lying on the counter, so I went ahead and added it to my inventory. There was nothing left for me on this ship now. Oh, my mind was still entertaining thoughts of pirates and seamen and how exciting it could be to join them... but I could never help that man. Not for all the pleasures in Vana'diel. Besides, Dobenn was probably still worried, so regardless of how things went, I had an obligation to return to.

I flew out onto the deck, sitting down on the railing and watching the waves beneath me, my ears and antenna doing a good job of keeping my hat glued to my head. This feeling of fear and excitement at trying to save the city... was this what it was like every time Dobenn went out on his adventures? It was odd to think of myself as a fellow adventurer, despite how much it would fit now. There hadn't been a full fledged moogle adventurer in a long time, as we typically either assisted adventurers or became guards if we felt like doing dangerous work, and as a moogle the term "adventurer" had become synonymous with someone who had undergone the spells and treatment we moogles provided. I was just a girl who had been thrust into a dangerous situation, I didn't even know much about fighting. I made a note to visit a library if I made it out of here alive... see if I could compare myself to the adventurers of old.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Re: FFXI Pbp: Chapter 3

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sun May 03, 2009 12:38 am

Valkyr sat across the Galka, drinking the rest of his Windurstian tea. It had a bittersweet taste; as if something was left undone. Joseph wasn't found amongst the thoughts of victory, and neither was Rosalyn. He reached into the linkpearl that was given at the start of the journey and looked at it.

I wonder if she still has hers.

Give it a shot, kid.

He half-heartedly tapped the glass. Something stopped him from calling, but he tapped the glass anyway and quickly stowed it again. He rested his arms on the table and his head atop that, and worriedly frowned. Something troubled him but he couldn't tell what. His ears twitched as his soul consoled him.

What's wrong? You've been down for a long time.

You keep asking me that but my answer's still the same -- I don't know.

Maybe you're just annoyed at going back.

Valkyr made a mental sigh. Perhaps. "I also need to go to Aht Urgahn again." he said after Urthdigger. "Fun..." he said as he looked outside the windows of the green-lit tavern.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Artimecion on Mon May 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Morning came, Artimecion sat up in bed. A youthful yawn came about him. He pulled back his velvet sheets. The world around him almost seemed like a dream. His bedding felt more soft, and the glow from the morning light shone through the curtains with what would seem to be a warm and soft touch, painting everything in the room a lavish shade of gold.

A knock came to the door. "Come in." He said, still half bewitched by the golden veil that shone around him. Habby entered the room, bringing all the finest breakfast food. A fine assortment of pastries, scrambled bird eggs, grilled hare garnished with roasted papato, perfectly seasoned of course. A large glass of Saruta orange juice as well.

"What is all of this?" He asked.

"Why my lord Summoner, breakfast of course!" Habby bowed as he presented this small feast.

"I know WHAT it is, but I have not been awake more than a few minutes, can a Hume not even get fully dressed before I am lavished with food I cannot possible consume the bulk of?" Artimecion seemed less irritated than Habby had expected, but irritated none the less.

"Well, you see my lord, the thing is..." Habby swayed his eyes.

"Oh, by the Goddess, what did you do now?" Artimecion was getting angry.

"A thousand and one pardons my Lord Summoner, but you see, we received an Imperial message from the Empress herself! The message came late last night, and it conveyed that you where to meet with...an "Immortal" today, you see, so I took the liberty of preparing a fine breakfast for you, and have your finest gear repaired, cleaned and pressed all last night. I did not wish to disturb your slumber. Were my preparations unsatisfactory?" Habby had almost a snobbish look on his face, figuring that not even this stuck up Hume could be displeased this time!

"Unsatisfactory INDEED! Next time a message comes from the Empress herself, you WILL bring the letter to me IMMEDIATELY! Do I make myself clear? I should have you beaten and hung for reading such a document!" Artimecion was Fuming mad, sprawling about pacing back and forth. Habby took nothing he said seriously, because he could scarcely imagine what a meeting with one of those beasts would be like, anyone, including this "know-it-all" Hume, would be nervous and frantic.

"My Summoner's Gear? Where is it, bring it in now! Also, bring my Staff caddie, and all my finest elementally enhanced staves!" Artimecion was beginning to get very irritated, his right hand, started to burn and itch fiercely under a wrapping of bandages. "And bring me a spool of Medical cloth!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

Artimecion gathered his gear, got dressed and wrapped his hand. As he fastened the last buckle on his Staff Caddie, the morning glow faded. Artimecion was alone in his quarters with nothing but his thoughts. In the corner of his eye, he saw his room begin to lose color. The wall and everything around it turned gray, black and white. Out of the shadow stepped a figure with ominous glowing eyes and an intimidating aura about him.

"My, my, little boy Summoner, you seem nervous." the figure mocked Artimecion.

"I have no time for your games, Immortal, what is it you want?" Artimecion reached behind him to pull out his Apollo’s Staff, ready to defend himself.

"Oh my! Now, now, no need to be hasty my dear boy! No weapon needs to be drawn for this encounter. You see, I have a mission most important for you! I have a few..."Investments" that seem to be running about doing what they feel is "right". The Immortal laughed. "I have been given permission from the Empress herself to enlist your...aid...in tracking them down and bringing them back to me. What do you say, Belouve? Up for the challenge?" His eyes became sharp.

"No." Artimecion said clearly. "Now leave, I will not suffer you here any longer!" he demanded.

"You would deny the Empress?" the figure asked, his eyes widened.

"Yes. I would. I am not a soldier to be called to arms, which was made very clear when I accepted this position. I was to perform research on Magic, record my results, and publish it for the Imperial Library and for the Imperial Army's use, not to be used as some tool for a Chimera!" Artimecion scoffed.

"I see." the figure let out a sigh. "It is most unfortunate that you feel that way. I have a feeling you will come around. One way or another...” The figure lets out a laugh as it dissipates into the shadows. Color returns to the room.

"The nerve..." Artimecion stood in his quarters, settling himself.
Artimecion
Easy prey

World: Fenrir
Title: Paragon of Summoner Excellence
Jobs: SMN 55 WHM 39 SCH 33 RDM 20 BRD 16

Postby onikumomaru on Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 am

Another morning in the Aht Urghan empire, another battle to be fought. The light shone through the window in his room and had hit him in the face waking him from his slumber with a loud and audible groan of anger. He turned away from the light on his bed and growled as he tried to ignore the light's warmth hitting him on his naked back. "Mmm... But I dont wanna go to school today.." He whined and grumbled as he was now unable to go back to sleep nor resume the best dream he ever had knowing that sometimes good things had to come to an end. He heard a slight buzzing comming from the room over, knowing the sound its probably someone calling him on his linkshell. "It better be an important call or someone's going to die!" He shouted as his eyes remained closed. He quickly rose up from his bed and set his bare feet on the floor feeling the slight cold from the wood sobering him up slightly. "Grrr... Gotta slay me some tigers to carpet this crap... Tired of this cold wooden s*^#%!." Oni put his hands on his legs and rub them against his Iron ram breeches that he kept on last night since that was all that he had on when he slept, slapping his face a few times to sobber himself up more and cracking his neck tilting and twisting his head side to side. "Well I can guess only one person would have the balls to call me in the morning for something.... Heh if she had balls."

Oni walked into the other room scratching the back of his head and straightening out his two golden pony tails that would reach down to the back of his waist as he looked down on the floor for his pair of Askar gambieras. "Now where are those boots?" Oni didnt have to look far as he saw them splayed under the flag of San d`Oria and dons them slowly as he stood. Still hearing the buzz of his Link pearl vibrating on the golden holder on top of his millionare's desk he groans more and clicks his tounge in his mouth. "Tch! Give me a minute im putting on my boots." As he finished putting on his gambieras he turned around outstretching his arms in a yawn and heads to his desk to pick up the shell. Staring down at the black and bluish shell he had opened it to produce a pearl and cliped it on his ear as he sat ontop of the desk rubbing his long elvaan ears. "Helloooo... You've reached the office of Onikumomaru the Crimson Captain."

"Morrrning Crimson Captain Onikumomarrru.. How is my favorrrite mercenarry this fine morrrning nya?"

It was Najah Salaheem of Salaheem's sentinels as usual. The only person brave enough to even bother Onikumomaru in the morning or they would meet the tip of his blades. Onikumomaru rolled his eyes and snaped his fingers in annoyance of this call. "Irritated, but you know that anyway dont cha my dear Ms. Salaheem? So what is the job this time?"

"Now Oni.. What makes you think it was a job I was calling for you to do this time? Cant I just call to check on your well being nya?"

Onikumomaru's eyes narrowed and he grumbled just picturing seeing Najah's smug mithran face saying those words to him and in response he gives her immaginary vissage "The bird". "Because one im the only mercenary thats pouring in the coinage to keep your establishment open. Two you allllways do this in the morning and three.... Last time you "checked" on me was when I woke up with scratch marks on my entire body and a few bruises." Oni sighing deeply as his statment reminded him about the night that resulted in such injurys on his body. "I'm not drinking with you again that mutch ever."

"Hehehehe. Now with our minds out of the gutter Captain Onikumomaru are you ready for the terms of your mission nya?"

Oni hesitated a bit having a moment of thought and hoping he dosent get a crapy mission on the start of his morning. "Ok... whats the run down?"

"There has been a rumour that an unknown ship, probably a Corsair ship heading to the empire."

Oni rolled his eyes as his fingers played around with his long hair. Rumours lead to headaches he knew this well and those headaches would be known as waiting around doing nothing at all for a long ass period of time and for corsairs to head straight into Whitegate would be suicide. "For the reason why am I being tasked with this? I'm a heads on kinda guy and this seems too morronic for me."

"They are paying quite a bit of coin for your services since they asked specifically you..."

Onikumomaru's eyes shifted and he gave himself a slight glare. The heads of the empire calling on him by name only would mean more than just a quick kill and slaughter. It could be something more he thought. "They asked for me off the bat? Last time they did this I had to fight a helluva lot of opponents including avatars."

"The immortals requested it since it was already turned down by a summoner with a snobish attitude they said. I think you might know him nya?"

Oni's mind quickly thought of only one summoner with such an attitude around authority such as the Immortals and he grined widely knowning one of his few buddies was that summoner. "Artimceion I can presume... I'll accept the mission."

"Excellent! I knew you would Captain Onikumomaru. Just make surrre to not soil the good name of our company. Cause if you do... You arrre replaceable."

Onikumomaru jumped off his desk and laughed at her statement about him being replaced. "Now now my dear Najah you know I would neeeevvverrrr do that." Oni quickly uncliped the pearl off of his ear and pushed the pearl and shell inside of his pocket. He walked twoard the wall to his blue steel armory closet and opened it to reveal his Iron ram hauberk and his pair of Homam monopolas. "Never a day's rest my friends." He quietly said aloud as he doned his armor, fastening every strap and buckle tightly. As he had finished he turned around to the wall where a rack of weapons hung awaiting his grasp. "Now... Which one of you kiddies wants to play today?" He spoke ammusingly as he slowly walked to the weapon rack and reached for the weapons. He grabed off the wall two swords and sheathed them to his sides, on his right was a purely black bastard sword and on his left, the fierce, aggressive, and intimidating Organics. He looked to the side and grabed a blood red sword and swung it over his back and hooked it on the holster strap securing it. "I might as well go as Dark knight for this. Having to substitute some ninjutsu in the process to shore up my attacking cappabilitys... Dont you think Kurochacha?" Suddenly behind him a black moogle with a red bandanna appeared out of the shadows, since his origins were that of the Far Western lands he had learned the way of the Ninja. "Of course Onikumomaru-sama." The moggle spun in mid air bestowing power unto Onikumomaru to utilize at least half of the skills of a ninja, covering him in a dull purple glow. As the change was complete Oni grabed the dark redish manteel off of the rack and completely covered his body with it leaving only his face and the hilt of of his greatsword revealed. Oni opened the door to the outside of the streets of whitegate and nodded to kurochacha as a way of his leaving. As the door to his home closed behind him he grined widely and his black and red eyes shown brightly in anticipation for the comming events of the day.

"Nobody can replace me...."
onikumomaru
Too weak

World: Asura
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Champion of Aht Urhgan
Jobs: DRK-75 PLD-75 BLM-75 COR-75 SAM-52

Postby Aeric on Wed May 06, 2009 2:19 am

Despite the bitter cold resonating off the white cermet walls, Aeric wipes a bit of sweat from his brow.

The Redmage adventurer was crouched near a wall inside a Fei'Yin corridor, resting his magic. He took this moment to recall the conversation he had with a nameless Taru, the night of the attack on Windurst. He remembered being upset by how easily he was tossed aside by the darkling Joseph and how capable the opponent was at using stronger levels of magic with out it penalizing his attack power.

Rather than celebrating a vicory with his comrades, Aeric spent that night alone in the fields of Sarutabaruta, resting his back against a tree and drinking a strong yagudo inspired liqour. Some time deep into the night, one of the Tarus Aeric assumed was coming out of hiding from the Horutoto Ruins, approached him.

What matters mostaru, is how well you walk through the fire.

Aeric was almsot too drunk to respond and considering the lack of solid light, he needed to strain a bit to try and catch some of the detailed features of the Taru.

"What are you talking about?" Aeric struggled

That night, the old taru grinning behind shadows, gave Aeric a new and revitalized hope.

Aeric now stood up from his crouching position in the corridors of Fei'Yin and moved towards the opening to a large room, deep inside the complex. He scanned the room from behind the crimson brim of his hat, looking for his target; the Droma.

Nothing is truelly lost with time...

Aeric withdrew his two swords, now sheathed in the cold energy of his enblizzard spell and charged across the room towards the magic pot.

It just gets buried in the sedementaru of our lives...

Aerics swords collide with the hard exterior of the Droma. The Red Mage then aptly ducks and reflects the spinning attacks of the living arcana.

"Where can I find the power to rival opponents like Joseph?" Aeric struggled to ask the Taru.

In an ancient city built on ice, hidden inside living artifacts... thataru is where you will find the answer you seek

Aeric drops low, spins his blades wide and lands a devastating blow on the Droma. The resulting attack fells the creature, nearly cracking it in half like an egg.

Breathing hard, Aeric kneels down to examine the contents of the Magic Pot. Peering inside, the Red Mage is almost stunned backwards when he finds a scroll tucked inside the creature. With a nervous hand he pulls it from within the Pot and unrolls it.

Aeric obtains a scroll of Enfire II
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby Microcuts on Wed May 06, 2009 2:49 am

After the battle was done and, more or less, won, the gang hung out at the Timbre Timbers Tavern. Despite the festive mood the occasion called for, their table seemed a bit gloomy - Rosalyn was missing, Urth was getting ready to return to his impending trial, Valkyr was getting ready to return home, and Aeric walked off with one too many bottles of Mulsum... There wasn't much left for Microcuts to do, even back in Sand'Oria, seeing as how the talk of retaliation on Windurst never came through in the end.

She wasn't sure what she wanted to do - there was nothing more for her to do at home; there's not much to do in Jeuno now a days; Bastok, she wasn't keen on returning even after all these years; Aht Urghan never appealed to her at all in the first place.

"I guess..." she thought for a while "I'm staying here in the Mindartia side for now."

Drawing the map of Vanad'iel in her head, she remembered something she had completely forgotten from the Elshimo Isles - the root of this rather bizarre turn of events; how she even managed to meet her new companions - the stolen scroll from Norg. Micro immediately became a bit flustered, knowing well that she couldn't just simply turn up and say she couldn't find it and be let off. She had to find something, a hint, a lead, a clue, anything.

Hmm...Back in Sand'Oria, Aeric said he knew who the culprit was...but I doubt it's the same person we're after. He's probably just up to his old crazy self. The similarity is probably just a coincidence. He's also looking for the supposed Altrage d'Oraguille...but for what?

A simple clue was all that would ease her frustration as the hint given to her by Gilgamesh was probably nothing more than some drunk man's tale. Before she went further with this seemingly wild goose chase, she decided to stop by Mhaura - perhaps the best thing to do was get in touch with those from Norg again, and perhaps they have learned more than she has so far. It was widely believed that the pirate ship that attacked the Selbina-Mhaura ferry originated from the very docks of Norg. It would be far faster and more efficient for her to try and hopefully catch a ride from them during a raid rather than traveling the long and traditional route.
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby RosalynSable on Mon May 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Rosalyn had been walking across the ruined landscape for some time now. In the darkness she had no sense of time and had no idea if she was still alive or not. It was fully possible that she had died and was fated to travel through Limbus for all eternity. There were many theories that Appolyon was somehow linked to the empty world of Promyvion, as the two were very similar in appearance, but even if she could stumble into the the Empty territory it was no sure thing that she could make her way out.

So she continued to walk, not knowing hunger nor weariness. Portals allowed her to travel between the lands floating in the void, but she didn't seem to be getting anywhere. She wondered if she too would become one of the floating lights that seemed to follow her. Having grown disheartened, Rosalyn sat down to take a break and collect her thoughts.

"Things sure look gloomy down here, don't they?" a familiar voice asked.

Rosalyn felt a the warmth of someone's back against hers as the only person she had seen in what seemed like forever sat behind her.

"Are we dead?" Rosalyn asked. She wasn't feeling herself. If she had been, she'd have moved already. She'd have done more than just sat there and accepted things the way they were.

"Well, I'm pretty sure I am, or at least getting there. You on the other hand..."

"If I'm not dead, than what is this place?"

"Well..." after a long moment of silence, "it may look like Promyvion, or even Appolyon... but that's just your mind's representation of where we are."

Rosalyn was growing tired of the roundabout answers. She stood up and turned around. "And where is that, Joseph?"

The young man was still sitting, facing the opposite direction. He was only wearing boots and slacks, and his bare back revealed that his right arm and a portion of his torso was a lighter tone than the rest of his skin. When she saw it, her mind reeled and she felt dizzy. She fought back the nausia and the memories trying to come back to the surface, and stood her ground.

"We're inside the Blue Soul. Or at least, I am. I'm just my soul, and you... somehow you're here body and soul."

"That doesn't make sense." Rosalyn said, shaking her head.

Joseph stood up, still facing away from her. "How much in this world actually makes sense anyhow?" he chuckled. He reached his arms to the blackened sky in a stretch and then placed his hands on his hips. "I was the first victim of the weapon in hundreds of thousands of years, Rosa. I found it, and it swallowed my soul. That... thing, whatever the hell it is, is just wearing my body now. You have to stop it."

"Joseph..." Rosalyn took a step, reaching out towards him. He flinched away, clutching his right arm.

"Rosa... the body and soul are linked, always. The only time that bond breaks is in death, and here in the Blue Soul it is no different. That darkness that dwells in my body has tainted my soul..." His arm was beginning to quiver and shake. He clutched it tighter with his left hand and lowered his head. "Rosa... leave while you have the chance."

"But... you're right here... we could... I don't know, put your soul in an automaton or something." Rosalyn was grasping for straws. "Please, we can both go."

"Get back!" Joseph shouted. It happened far too quickly even for Rosalyn. Joseph spun on his heels, his right arm lashing out at her. It was no longer human, but large and clawed. Before the claws had grazed her, Joseph had pinned the arm to the ground by running it through with his greatsword. Rosalyn could see now that the arm was covered in blue-black feathers that were slowly sprouting around his collar and down his back. The rest of his skin was turning dark, a shadowy black that seemed both translucent and solid at the same time. The shadows rolled up over him, as if they were consuming him. "Please.... leave now..." he whimpered, trying to suppress it.

Rosalyn stepped back. The dark aura was immense and threatened to swallow her too. In the back of her mind she could hear a faint calling. A voice that was trying to reach her. She shook her head and braced herself. "I will not just run away. If this is all I can do, I will knock some sense into you." She hadn't realized it before, but she was wearing her Mirage attire now. Had she always been wearing it, or did she will it into existence here in the void? The calling voice grew louder in the back of her mind as she drew her swords.

The shadows had completely engulfed Joseph now, and he withdrew the greatsword from his arm and stood up. His eyes glew red in the swirling shadows that made up his body. He threw out his arm and spread a pair of wings feathered the same color as the ones on his arm. Rosalyn's heart was pounding, her head was beginning to ache with a searing pain. She clutched the hilt of her swords tighter and stepped to approach Joseph. He moved ever so slightly, his right wing stretching outward into a wall of feathers that raced toward her. The end of the wing opened a giant maw as if it were a serpent, and the dark world became engulfed in feathers.

---

Rosalyn bolted upright, awake. At least, she would have if she hadn't been in pain and could move more than an inch without dropping back to the ground. She tried to cry out, but her voice came out barely a whisper. She was covered in bloodied bandages and situated near a roaring campfire. It took her a few minutes to realize that she was no longer in that dark world of the Blue Soul. She was laying down somewhere grassy, with the sound and smell of a fresh stream nearby, stars and moon above in the sky.

"I found you lying injured to the east, about to be trampled by one of the wivres." a feminine voice spoke from the other side of the fire. "It has been twenty years since I have seen you, but I do not forget a face nor a spirit quite as formidable as yours." There was shuffling and a beautiful elvaan woman came into view. "You haven't aged a day in those twenty years, Rosalyn Sable, but I have not in thousands of years."

Rosalyn coughed, trying to speak. "When I'm better..." Rosalyn managed to whisper, "I am getting you so many shell bugs..."

Areuhat smiled down to Rosalyn and brushed the hair out of the wounded mithra's eyes. "Rest for now, there will be plenty of time for food and talking later..."
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Aeric on Mon May 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Aeric leaves the city of Fei'Yin.

Stepping out into the cold of the northern tundra, Aeric sighs. He would now be making his way to Whitegate with the hopes he could find more information on these hidden scrolls.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Tue May 12, 2009 10:29 am

Dawn came in silence. Only the sound of the water rolling across the hull made any noise on the deck where the Captain peered out. He could see White Gate with his naked eye and now he could feel the wheels of fate turning faster and faster. No one could stop them now, what was done was done and what would come solely rested in the hands of a simple Moogle named Mogwai. He chuckled to himself at the thought of the Moogle being able to rally up a force that would stop the beastmen dead in their tracks.

If she could however she would become the hero the perfect distraction for Altrage to slip out of the scene and fade into the horizon with Darka. There was an onmious feeling about him though, and as much as he tried to distract himself from it, his mind kept coming back to ill thoughts.

"You ready?" Hobb asked the Captain. The Captain turned around dumbfoundedly still in his thoughts.

"Hmm?" was all he managed to say.

"Are you ready for the plan?" Hobb asked again.

"Oh, yes," he replied, "I was just running it through my head again when you approached."

"You know you will be scarred forever," Hobb stated, "As much as you think the citizens of Vana'diel will forget your exist they won't. They are going to continue to hunt us..."

"Then don't travel with me," the pirate said silencing Hobb, "Then don't risk your life, your record, your fame, or your possibilities. Just live on Hobb. When we dock go in the other direction, go as far away as you can, don't become engulfed in the storm if you cannot ride the waves."

There was silence as the two studied each other for a sign of an answer.

"I'm sorry." they both said at the same time.

"Heh, I know it's nerve racking," Altrage began, "but it is something I must do, I cannot live on with out knowing that I tried every last thing to get her back, even if that means forsaking all that I will once achieve, if that means destroying my future, my life...then so be it."

"You are resolute," Hobb said, "you're will has always been the strongest out of everyone I've known. I think that is why I am drawn to your company. Songs and tales come easy when in the company of one like yourself."

"Thank you, Hobb," Altrage said after a brief moment, "Thank you for sticking it with me till the very end. Now we should be docking soon, please get everyone together who will be accompanying us." With that the Corsair turned back around at watched as the ship under the guise of a normal trader's vessel, docked at White Gate.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Blog: View Blog (7)
World: Shiva
Title: Pursuer of the Truth
Jobs: DRG + COR + SCH

Postby Artimecion on Tue May 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Artimecion stood out on his veranda, peering towards the sea port. The back of his hand was burning, almost unbearably now. Ever since the Imperial Scientists had him get that "Mark" to prove he was one of Army's Top researchers, it had always burned whenever he was troubled.

"Something is not right...something is wrong." He was lost in thought. A squelching noise came from one of his pockets and woke him from his day dreaming. The linkshell he keeps with him was making noise.

"He..o?! Ca.....ar me? Arty?" a voice came from the shell, it was a bit muffled as it was still deep in his pocket. He took the shell out, and spoke clearly into it.

"Yes, but I could hardly understand a word you said! Who is this?" he said into the azure Pearl.

"It's me! Shalidar! What are you up to! The Pearl is showing me you're back in the Empire. Did you're trip go well?" Shalidar was always asking lots of questions about Artimecion's work.

"As a matter of fact, it did not go well! I have more questions than answers from my trip. Is there something you needed brother? I have pressing matters at hand!" Artimecion did not mean to be short with his brother, his face squinted as he realized how harsh he had sounded, but the burning hand was beginning to become more than he could bear.

"Arty, you don't sound like yourself. Is everything alright?" Shalidar asked, he always had a way to talk to Artimecion like nobody else did, except maybe Wilson.

"I'm fine. I just feel odd today. I think I have an infection on my hand. That's all". He said. Shalidar could tell there was more to it.

"You never could lie to me very well Arty! Tell me what's wrong; did you get into some trouble or something?" Shalidar was starting to sound very concerned.

"Me, get into trouble…?" Artimecion snickered to himself. "Really Shal, when have you ever known me to get into trouble?" he was smiling as he spoke.

"I don't like that tone of voice Arty, you're up to something! Let your brother in on it! C'mon!" he egged on.

Artimecion let out a sigh "Listen, I was going to come home for a while, I got a letter from Wilson, about the attack on San'Doria..." he paused "But I had a vision....Ramuh spoke to me and told me to stay here...I think...at least that is what I feel he was trying to tell me. He also hinted at an answer that I have been searching for...So..." he stopped mid sentence.

"A vision? With Ramuh? That's powerful stuff Artry! If you're not going to let me in on it, just promise me you'll be careful!" he waited for a response.

"I promise Shalidar." he spoke softly.
Artimecion
Easy prey

World: Fenrir
Title: Paragon of Summoner Excellence
Jobs: SMN 55 WHM 39 SCH 33 RDM 20 BRD 16

Postby urthdigger on Wed May 13, 2009 2:10 am

The following morning, I took a trip back to Bastok. Typically it'd just be as simple as having Mogwai alter me so I could warp, but now... I had to take the long way around. The trip gave me some time to think as well. Was I really so confident that our success would save me? Even in my thoughts earlier, I considered imprisonment as if it was unavoidable. As I stopped over in Jeuno, the thought did occur to me... I could run. I could escape to the near east, or to the past, where the republic couldn't touch me. But... would that really be worth it? I loved Bastok, and I would rather stay imprisoned within her walls than to never see her again.

As I arrived in Bastok, I made my way to the Metalworks. You know, I never noticed before how there are no musketeers stationed between the airship dock and the metalworks. That is, except Big Harvest, who stopped me right outside the entrance.

"Dobenn! I didn't expect to see you around here... there's a warrant out for your arrest. The president wanted to speak to you personally."
"What a coincidence, that's just where I was going."

I went the rest of the way to the president's office under the watchful eye of Big Harvest... though, why was beyond me. It's not like there was anywhere I could run while in the Metalworks, and my crime was abusing my power to mobilize troops during peacetime... did he think just because I did one crime that I'd be up to mischief in the metalkworks? Ah, no matter. Before we entered the room, Iron Eater placed a pair of tight handcuffs on me, keeping my hands behind my back.

"Good evening Earth Digger" remarked President Karst. It sounded the same, but I can tell by his tone that he was using my hume given name rather than the name I made for myself. "Normally, this matter would result in a court-martial. However, given the sensitive nature of the offense we'll be going for a more private trial. Big Harvest, this means you should return to your post. I'll have the mythril musketeers arrive soon, your trial will begin then."

----

As soon as we docked, I didn't bother giving the ship a second glance. I hopped overboard, slowing my fall so as to not hurt myself, and walked, yes, walked, over to the arrivals area, waving to the attendant as I walked by. Walking was... not something I'm used to. That was something for the more physically inclined moogles. Ones like myself flew, but I figured if I was going to try and be an adventurer, I should act like one. And walking was something done by adventurers. I broke into a brisk jog heading to the Stoneserpent Square, making it all the way to Balhrahn Way before I had to stop for a breather. Using one's wings all the time really didn't help build one's endurance. Still, if I was going to try and save the day, I might have to fight. Which means exercising... ugh, my legs felt like jelly! I walked the rest of the way to the commoner's district and down the Ulthalum Parade. As I entered the square by the gates, I saw the Skyserpent General up on the walkway... I took one look at the stairs, and decided I'd done enough walking for now and flew straight up to him to deliver the news.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed May 13, 2009 2:38 am

Valkyr sat in the corner of the barracks in the corner of the royal palace. Before him was his superior. He hasn't said a word since Valkyr reported to him the events that transpired from San d'Oria until Joseph's defeat.

He's just standing there. Looking at the wall.

He's pretty dumb. Figures.

I dunno...he's never been like that before...

Just then, the Immortal Hume shifted a little and asked. "So. That person's come around again...of such massive fame..." he muttered blankly, not addressing the Tarutaru in any way. Valkyr-Renhara's hand gently pressed onto his lap, almost drawn in by what Marth knows of that person through insatiable curiousity. He had always wondered the story behind Rosalyn and her entourage, the soul-seeking master included.

"Who is Joseph?" Valkyr asked. He was halted by Marth raising his palm in his direction, motioning for silence. The hume took a deep breath.

"They are...famous, you could say. Amongst some of us." he paused, and worriedly looked on for a moment, before returning to his face of indifference. "You've done a good job, my boy." Valkyr flinched a bit, being called that despite being in his thirties. He didn't really mind much though, but it kind of caught him off guard. "You get leave until tomorrow. Have fun." he looked away towards the other end of the room and waved him off to the door to his left. Valkyr sighed, knowing that at this point he wouldn't answer any questions he may have for Marth and got up, and exited the room.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Microcuts on Wed May 13, 2009 3:11 am

The chocobo ride from Windurst to Mhaura was never a pleasant one for Microcuts, and one during the night time made it even worse than usual. Despite her desire to just lay about and relax for a little while in Windurst, she knew she had to attend to the Tenshodo's request, and probably better sooner than later.

After arriving in Mhaura, Micro chatted up the Nomad Moogle, and shuffled some things around in her Gobbie Bag. She also remembered to grab her fishing gear to give her something to do while waiting for the ferry. With that aside, and her ferry ticket booked, she sat by the dock and cast her lines.

The water was quiet that night, as line after line ended up empty. Then finally, something bit, and from the feel of it, it was big. After struggling for a while, however, the line snapped. To add insult to the injury, the fight left a nice crack forming down the rod.

"Great..." she let out a long drawn sigh, "This is going to be a long day."

She walked away from the docks to leave her fishing gear with the Nomad Moogle, knowing well that she had to pay again to reenter the area. Just as she walked up to the moogle she heard the ferry approaching from the distance.

"Hurry up and take them will you?" she rushed the moogle, who was clearly unhappy about having things tossed at him. By then the ferry had docked, and people were unboarding and boarding. Missing this one meant waiting for hours without much to do in a small town without much to begin with. She hurried towards the dock, tossing some gils at the counter as she ran past. The ferry was now just steps away.

"Ma'am, this isn't the-" the Mithra at the dock tried to say something, but Micro ignored her and jumped straight on board as it started drifting away. She was glad to not have missed the ferry for once. As the ferry departed, she poked her head out towards the dock. The Mithra from earlier was still shouting - while she couldn't be heard from the distance, Micro tried to read her lips and make out what she was on about.

"Your...boat...Huh?" she scratched her head, and then it suddenly came to her.

"Ohhhh, you're on the wrong boat!" She stared blankly and thought for a second.

"Ohhh...I'm on the wrong boat..."

This is going to be a long day.
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby Aeric on Thu May 14, 2009 12:33 am

The streets of Aht Urhgan Whitegate were full of bustle. Of course "bustle" in Whitegate meant every hero was either shouting for something at the top of their lungs or standing with their shiniest armor in high traffic areas. Jeuno was alot like this, which comforted Aeric because despite how far away he was from home, it was the familiar quality he could hold on to.

With a half grin and a fist planted at his hip, Aeric took the sights in by the eye fulls. Adventurers hudled around the merchants selling their wares behind lone stands. Conversations and boasts collided in air, sparking wild debates about conquests and rare treasures.

Aeric was about ready to make his way to a scroll merchant named Mazween, so he could discuss the recent discover of high tier Enspells, when he is violently shoved from behind. The force literally pushes Aeric two steps before he can gather himself. Taken back, Aeric turns around to look at the clumsy civilian that bumbed into him... only to find himself facing the broad grey chest of a MASSIVE Galka monk.

"You need to watch where you're going!" The galka exclaims

"What? You bumped in to me!" Responded Aeric with a bit of heat

"Are you calling me a liar?!" The galka growls, leaning in close.

"No... I'm just pointing out that I was not only standing still but I was facing the opposite direction of you. So, naturally, I couldn't have bumped into you."

"I don't know what all those big words mean..." The galka responds putting on his knuckles "But I'm gonna guess you're insulting me."

Aeric has to arch backwards a bit as the massive Galka leans in to threaten Aeric, already a taunting crowd gathering around the two...

If Aeric or any of the near by spectators were a bit more diligent, they would notice the Hume thief sneaking around behind the crowds. The opportunity to rob the merchant vendors of their goods brought to him by his Galka partner and the distraction he coily presents the onlookers of Whitegate.

Aeric, once agian, gets a hard shove from the galka.

I'm pretty sure I didn't come here for this... Aeric sighs dejectedly.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu May 14, 2009 8:55 am

Valkyr overheard the loud murmurs that began to form as the crowds gather around the growing fight. He walked over, and while he was off-duty, being an immortal does have its perks of intimidating people out of fights. He might as well stop this one. He realized that he still had his keffiyeh and jubbah on, but that was probably better to help his authority.

Wonder what's going on?

I dunno. Just stop them. This bickering is worse than the kits back home.

"What seems to be the problem here?" Valkyr's voice rang amongst the crowd. Surprising for a relatively high-pitched voice, it was enough to gather the attention of some people who immediately cleared away and left Valkyr the sight at what was going on in the middle. He noticed the Galka and of course, Aeric, which surprised him more. He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Well, are any of you two going to tell me?"
Last edited by Darkvalkyr on Thu May 14, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Next

Return to Role-Playing