FFXI Pbp: Chapter 4

FFXI Pbp: Chapter 4

Postby urthdigger on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:32 am

With Al Zhabi saved, our heroes have earned a brief reverie. While some go to the company of friends and loved ones, others face the consequences of their actions, or the ghosts of their past. Only time will tell how long this peace will last before Joseph shatters it once again.

----

The moogle magistrate tapped his pen along the side of his nose in thought "We've been looking for you for a while, Mogwai. When you weren't there to receive the mail at Urthdigger's residence, we of course checked your rent rooms... and when you weren't there, we grew worried. Even worse, we heard you two had been staying in San d'Oria when it was attacked, kupo." he said, reading over the notes he had prepared for the case.

It had indeed been a while since a moogle had just gone missing... and the idea of an army entering mog houses and killing moogles was of course very upsetting to the MHMU, especially considering it wasn't long ago that they relaxed the conditions for outsiders entering a room. "We're relieved to find that you're ok, and that mog houses everywhere are still safe havens, kupo, though we're sorry to hear you had been held captive and tortured along the way. You'll be glad to hear that we've already received word from the republic of Bastok concerning your master's status. Though he is indeed in a jail, he is not being considered a criminal, and is merely being detained to keep him from making rash decisions concerning his army subordinates." he thumbed through the notes the scribe was taking until he reached the tail end of the battle at Al Zhabi "Now, as for your actions in Al Zhabi..."

Mogwai buried her muzzle in her paws and groaned to herself. In hindsight, she shouldn't have brought it up, but it was part of her tale. Moogles were not only good liars, but also good at detecting them... so most learned early on not to even bother lying to another moogle. And when asked for a FULL account of where she was since she last left her mog house...

"I wish this was an easy decision to make. It sounds like you had the best of intentions... but are you aware of what you did? The trust the adventurers confide in us is the source of our power. If they can't trust us, we can't use them, everyone in the MHMU knows that, kupo."

"Aeric is fine... anyone who was there could see that even before the fight was over. Besides... I don't know even know why that's forbidden in the first place. Being out there, helping the other adventurers, making use of the aspects they're not using to make better use of an adventurer's talents... sure, I went a little overboard and took all of his abilities, but with control..."

"Our concern isn't over the witnesses who saw you, kupo. If that ritual wasn't banned, nobody would be surprised to see you drinking his blood. In fact, it used to be allowed, very early on during the war. If you'd approach the stand please."

Mogwai got up and flew over to the magister's table as he pulled a file out of the bottom drawer and opened it up for her to see. "This happened before you joined the MHMU. We've covered it all up and kept it a secret from the allied races, and while it's no secret amongst us, there's not many who like to talk about it."
Mogwai picked up a photo. It was of a young hume, standing outside a mog house, with a male moogle standing next to him. The moogle was wearing a pair of swords at his side, and was clad in studded leather armor, while the hume was wearing typical warrior's attire.
"That's Mogriffon. A nice fellow, very cheerful, very eager to do his part to end the war. He and Toma, the hume in that picture, got along very well. Best friends of a sort you could say. At the time anyway." he pulled out a few more papers and pictures "However, over time we noticed that while Mogriffon had started out as support, more and more often he was taking point, and observers noticed that Toma was almost a sidekick. On top of that, Toma started to look a little sickly... weak... pale. At the time, we thought he had just come down with something."
Mogwai looked at the next picture. The hume in the picture was obviously dead, with a fatter moogle standing over him, glaring at the viewer.
"We later found out that he was keeping his adventurer almost perpetually drained. His confession later mentioned a sort of "high" he got from doing it. Something we confirmed when talking to other moogles when we banned it. Unfortunately, we only found out AFTER he exsanguinated poor Toma, kupo. We quieted Toma's friends and family, covered it up, and did what we could to prevent another case from happening." he shook his head "The most chilling part was what Mogriffon had to say about the hume he used to be friends with. 'Bring me another one'"

Mogwai handed the pictures back, and the magister put the folder back in the desk "I'm not going to kill my master..." she muttered
"That's what they all said. However, every moogle dispatched during that time is now confined in detention, where they can't harm anyone. They were all watched to see if they could abide by the new rules. None of them lasted more than a month. It's a drug, Mogwai, and it's addictive qualities cannot be denied."
She looked back at him in silence, glad he didn't bring up the nip incident that had brought her here last time.
"Besides, didn't we have you here a while back for selling your master's possession to buy mognip?"
"Damnit" she thought. "Yes" she admitted shyly.
"Let's take a walk. Maybe seeing what awaits you might help you shake your addiction. Or it might not. You'll be pleased to know we take good care of all our inmates here."
"I'm not going to kill Urth!"
"If you say so" said the magister, stepping up from his desk and leading Mogwai out into the cold snow.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Re: FFXI Pbp: Chapter 4

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 am

Valkyr stood on the cliffside, near the Mamool Ja Training Grounds. There had been lots of cries of anger from the defeat further in their territory, but it was fine to him. He proceeded to sit down, gazing at the sea that lay before him. In the distance he saw his reflection, the sea currently calm. He spoke with his soul for awhile, debating, arguing, exchanging on what they had to do now. The Tarutaru declared they were free. He also declared that it wasn't worth it trying to stay with the corrupt people of Altana. They came to a conclusion to stay near the beastmen, or out in the wild. There was only one of him -- one who was two. He was tired of it all, living in towns, society, shrouded with mystery and pride. Greed, apathy -- he detested them all. The Beastmen had been oppressed and denied the bounty that Altana has given them all by the other races. It was time they had more people to support them, and two was plenty.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:32 pm

"The sea is such a beautiful shade of blue, wouldn't you agree?" Joseph's voice broke the stillness of the woodlands. He grew out of the shadows as if he was once with them, slowly taking a corporeal form. His left arm now matched his right, regrown as a demonic claw with a coat of blue-black feathers the lead up to his shoulders. The feathers wove around his shoulders and collar appearing like a mantle, and his large wings were folded up against his back. His shadow underneath him seemed to move on its own accord despite the sun's demands. "I sense a great deal of conflict inside you... and a large deal of anger..."

Joseph turned away from the taru, leaving him no time to speak and continued. "The people of this world are not Altana's children, in fact they are Promathia's. Each one carrying a piece of his Emptiness, carrying it like a burden. They pretend to hold to the light but in fact are destroying this planet and wreaking havoc according to Promathia's desires. And there is only one way to put an end to it all."

Joseph returned his attention to Valkyr, now holding the Blue Soul in his hand. "With this, I can become not unlike a god, and free these lands from Promathia's cruel design. What say you, taru, who knows the lengths humanity will go for destruction and power? Will you fight alongside me and the lands and take back what is rightfully Vana'diel's?"

---

Rosalyn felt a chill course up her spine from the end of her tail all the way to the tip of her ears which flicked irritably for a second before calming down. She stepped off the airship from Jeuno onto the hardwood port of Bastok. There was a jingle in her step as the large golden anklet around her left ankle clinked against the ruby inlay of her black leather boots. A similar chime followed close behind her, a matching golden ring dangling from the right arm of an automaton. Rosalyn shifted her weight, still trying to reaccustom herself to the weight of the black adargas hanging from her hips and the Turbo Animator attached to her right thigh. She took a deep breath and felt the corset she wore constrict a little around her. It had been a while since she wore these clothes, but it was good to be back in them.

"Come on now, Caprice," Rosalyn said to the puppet, currently in the Soul Soother model, "We need to see if we can find those two people I told you about."

"Wouldn't you rather make some gil instead?" the Automaton asked quizzically as it looked around for a crowd. "There's a whole bunch of stupid looking people here we could make money off of!" The Airship attendants in customs frowned at the puppet as Rosalyn and Caprice entered Bastok.

"Bastok's already been claimed by one Puppetmaster, we don't need to get in a scrape with him." Rosalyn said with a sideways glance.

"Even though he tried to kill you?"

"Even though he tried to kill me...." Rosalyn grimaced. "But then again, who hasn't tried to kill me?"

"There was that one time those brigands promised to spare you if you gave them all a Subtle Bl-"

"Don't go there, Caprice." Rosalyn towered over the puppet with her Adargas in hand. "Or I'll give you a not so subtle blow to the head."

The puppet let out a giggle and and danced away innocently. Rosalyn harumphed and returned her weapons to her hips before walking through town trying to find information on Locke and Eris. Rosalyn didn't get so much information as she did requests for remedial tasks to be done for little to no compensation on her part, all of which she declined with annoyance. As the day drew to a close with no leads Rosalyn found herself in one of the seedier back alleys of Bastok Mines, right outside the Bat's Lair Inn. She shrugged her shoulders and entered the Inn and approached the man behind the counter.

"Are you the Batman?" Rosalyn asked.

"Excuse me?"

"Bat's Lair Inn. You run it. That makes you the Batman, right?" The Hume stared at her in confusion. "Where is she?"

"Where is who?"

"Griselda, the old lady who... oh, nevermind..." Rosalyn rolled her eyes in annoyance and Caprice giggled. "Have you seen a couple of Humes around. A dark skinned woman and a man who hides his face." The man shook his head and Rosalyn sighed in annoyance. "Great, now what am I going to do?"

A couple of the inn patrons walked down the steps and Rosalyn could hear a snippet of their conversation. "... and they threw him in jail for taking a score of troops over to Windurst. Can you believe that?"

"The President throwing a Galka in jail? What else is new....?"

Rosalyn grinned and looked down to Caprice. "Oi, Caprice, have you ever been involved in a prison break?"
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:38 pm

The Tarutaru suddenly felt a chill presence fill the air. Then he tasted power, with a scent so familiar. His ears perked and was almost shocked.
...it's him! His soul called out. He turned around and stood, looking at Joseph. He felt a mixture of fear, awe, and deep within, he knew that his chance had come. Indeed, listening to his words, he found someone who had felt the same as he did. He looked at him curiously with narrow eyes. Someone who has been exposed to Transformation before, just like he and his soul have merged some time before. He recalled the ghastly reflection of the amalgamated form he took back then, and almost shivered. By some odd miracle, he partially returned to his human form -- with slight changes to the colour of his eyes, an empowered sense of smell and hearing, sharper teeth and strong arms -- similar to the tiger that was the soul that was fused with him upon his initiation into the Immortals.

What he's saying...do you feel its true?

Whether the five races are Promathia's children instead of Altana...I don't know. Neither do I care anymore -- what matters is that they're shunning everything that we try to protect all in the aims of their own desires.

Joseph had offered him a position by the creature's side. Valkyr's blue eyes glimmered for a moment, wavering. But he blinked and his eyes shone with resolution. He gazed at the Blue Soul, both he and his soul sensed the force that lay within it and Valkyr fought the urge to kneel down. He looked at Joseph with stern eyes. He had decided.

"I'm no longer a Tarutaru. I don't want to even be considered one." he clutched the space between his lungs and a slight blue haze encompassed him. "I always wanted to be the person to neutralize the enmity between the races. I wanted to always stay in the neutral side." he recalled the past before his transformation. "I wished for all of us to get along...and in the end, the stars have given me their answer...I actually became the living embodiment of both sides merged perfectly in unison in one being." the haze glowed slightly brighter now. "We've had the same ideals. We strive for the same goal...but the five races never gave the other side a chance. They took anything that wasn't them for granted -- Beastmen, beasts, trees..." he shut his eyes and sternly clenched his fist, forcing the haze to shine brilliantly. "It was clear that there's no more hope..." he said, with a hint of regret. "They have to vanish from the face of Vana'diel!" a fierce wind surrounded the wave of force given from Valkyr, and the bushes and trees swayed and leaves fell. Slowly, the wind and the diffusion died down, and he looked at Joseph with determined eyes, not looking at the partially amalgamated form that he had received once again, but he embraced this form far more than his Tarutaru form than before. "We'll join you." he spoke, in a slightly heavier tone.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Joseph looked down at the no-longer taru and grinned, his eyes narrowing into something not unlike the malicious grin that graced his lips. "Well then," he said cooly, "let us be on our way. We've many preperations to begin seeing as how we're one soul short of completion... We need to prepare for the ritual, and set up the snare for our sacrifice. There's only one place with enough power to do this." Joseph slipped the Blue Soul away and began stepping into the shadows. "We are going to Castle Zvahl..."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:17 pm

(("normal speach" 'direct thoughts' [wyvern soul speach]))

It had been four years, roughly, since Linear had exiled himself from the Children of Altana. Punishment for a great failure in his relatively short life. One moments hesitation, and his life went crashing down before his eyes. "Clai..." he muttered, but stopped short. Shook his head slightly. It didn't matter anymore. He had failed, miserably, and was dealt his fate.

Something troubled him. His one companion over the years, Himmelskralle, his soul bound wyvern, was becoming restless. It was affecting him too. The Holy Crest that had been embeded in his chest when he'd bound his fate to Himmelskralle's, pulsated and shone with a wite-blue light occassionally.

There was a taste of darkness in the air as of late. Having been away from civilization for so long, he had become more attuned to natures "feelings". Nature wasn't all that happy. If the darkness was reaching out to Attohwa Chasm, one of the most remote places in all of Vana'diel, he could only imagine what was going on elsewhere.

"Well, Himmel, something is going wrong in the world. Again. Maybe it's time for me to seek redemption?" The young Dragoon questioned his faithful companion. [I think it may be. It would be best to find out, don't you think?] Linear grinned. "It certainly is."

Linear stood, his Holy Crest pulsating once more. Pulling on the armor found in the depths of the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins, know as Nyzul Isle, and strapping his mighty Gae Bolg, forged from the remains of the Great Wyvern, Vouivre, to his back, he set off to the civilization of Altana's Children, hoping he'd be of some help... and to redeem himself, in his eyes.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby urthdigger on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:41 am

Mogwai pulled her coat tighter around herself as she stepped out into the snow, glad to have grabbed it when she first set out so long ago. Years of living in the more temperate Middle Lands had caused her body to adjust, growing a thinner coat than those who stayed up in the north. However, the jail was indeed right next door to the courthouse, so it wasn't long before she was back indoors, shaking the snow off her pom-pom.
"Evening Kuporik" said the magister "Got another one here who needs to see Mogriffon."
The jailer looked up and eyed Mogwai "That's the runaway right Mogu? Ah well... follow me, kupo."

Kuporik got up and unlocked the door leading into the jail. They passed a few rows of bored looking moogles in their cells... and a few not so bored shameless inmates who had found something to do. Eventually they passed into a more open room with a bunch of moogles wearing runed wristbands playing board games, listening to linkshell broadcasts of ballista events, and generally hanging out. "This is our activity ward where those with good behavior get to spend their time. We don't believe in punishing needlessly, kupo. Most of those with your problem spend a lot of time here."
They passed a few more such rooms, and after passing through a sturdily locked door, came to the solitary confinement. Mogriffon's door was about 2/3 of the way down the hall, and after Kuporik unlocked it, the three of them walked in.
"Ah... a guest." said Mogriffon. His fur was matted and unkempt, with no clothing or accessories to speak of besides the shackles keeping his legs close to the bench. Mogwai and the two officials sat on another bench across the small room from him. "I was getting a little bored you know... I've already read the last few books you dropped off for me."
"Well, she's not here to entertain you, kupo." sighed Mogu "She's here's to see what she shouldn't become."
"Ahh... so, this little girl also knows the taste of power. You know, I'm not that bad a guy... not the monster they've told you I was. Tell me, how did it feel for you? Did you enjoy the rush of power? The feeling of being a hero, the one to keep your master from harm?"
"Well, it wasn't my master, but... a little." admitted Mogwai
"It's nice, isn't it? There's nothing quite like the taste of blood either... the warm liquid full of the scent of your prey, the strong, bitter taste. Even if you don't want the power, the taste grows on you, leaving you craving more."
Mogwai's gaze went to the convict's arm, which was scarred with fang punctures. Mogu grabbed her paw and stood up from the bench. "That's enough. Thank you Mogriffon, for once again proving to be utterly despicable. Come on Mogwai."

As they closed the door and left, Mogriffon's voice trailed after them as he yelled "You can't escape the inevitable young girl! There is no denying instinct, no denying the darkness within us all! The hunger will consume you, just as it consumed me!"
Once they were out of earshot, he sat back down on the bench and went back to running his claws over it's wooden surface, touching up on a carving of a smiling hume's face.
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:16 am

The creature took one good look at the lush beauty of Bhaflau Thickets, as if to remind him what he was fighting for, and followed Joseph through the shadows, a mental conversation keeping him busy.

This form, it's...

It's just like last time.

Yes...but this time, I feel much better about it.

With this, you've gone and achieved what not many Blue Mages could, you know.

This was what he had meant when he said that I was the largest threat to the empire...

I don't think any Blue Mage has gotten this level of control over his soul. Poor saps.

But don't worry. You and I, we'll change things. For good...
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Aeric on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 am

Aeric stood inside his Bastok Moghouse, visibly upset.

“Really…? This is what I have to come home to?” The Red Mage stood over his Moogle, who was lying on the ground almost too plump to fly. The grounded rodent was surrounded by crumbs, half eaten meals and empty bottles which once contained the various milks Aeric had collected as a cook.

The Red Mage shook his head.

“Kupo…”

“I also can’t help but notice my plants died.”

“…but you never told me to water them.” The Moogle quivered

“Ok. Here’s what’s going to happen; first, clean up this mess. Then I need you to prep my Ninja ensemble and gather my tools so I can place them in my Satchel. I have to run into the Markets district and hopefully restock some of my now depleted supplies.”

The Moogle looked away from Aeric in shame but then gave a look of excitement. “Master! I do have some good news!”

“Oh, yeah?” The Red Mage turned around to face the Moogle.

“Look what I found in your bed!” And with that the Moogle presents an Iron Ore to his master.

Aeric sighs dejectedly.
Last edited by Aeric on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby Linear on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:30 am

As unfamiliar as Linear was with civilization at the moment, he'd been able to find out that alot had happened fairly recently. San d'Oria has been attacked and badly damaged. Windurst had also been attacked, but wasn't nearly as demolished. Also, the Empire had been struck pretty heavily by beastmen, but made it through in the end.

'Well, at least they're holding up." He thought to himself. 'Utsusemi: San, though? Pretty nice trick they've got going for them.' He chuckled quietly to himself, 'But hardly all that devastating.'

Linear continued to wander through Jeuno. It hadn't changed much. Still crowded, as always. There was nothing more to be gained here, however. "I guess it's back to the old Blue and White. I wonder how my Moogle has kept the place?" he wondered aloud. Paying the fair, he sat at the airship dock, awaiting a ride to his home nation. If one could still consider him a citizen, anyway.
Linear
Tough

Postby Aeric on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:32 am

Walking through Bastok Markets, the Red Mage noticed mothers were keeping their children close to them and men were glancing around nervously. Everyone seemed apprehensive.

Aeric approaches a regional merchant.

“Hey Ogg.” The Red Mage greets, waving and smiling at the Galka. Oggodett, the typically large galka, seemed to look as if he was having trouble digesting something. “Well…” the Red Mage continues “I’ll take a Horo Flour for starters.”

“That’ll be 120 gil.” The Galka responds.

“What…?! That’s more than double the cost!” The Red Mage shouted.

“It’s hard times right now…” Oggodett attempted to explain.

“Listen hear, Galka; It’ll be a cold day in Ifrits Cauldron when I pay 120 gil for Horo Flour!” The Mage was red in the face.

“What do you expect?!” The Galka humbly roared “Two nations have been attacked! Resources are slim… and to make things worse NO ONE wants to trade with us!”

“What? Why?”

“Because they think we’re next!” The Galka doomed.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:09 am

"Ne.... Rosalyn.... What are you talking about, a Prison Break?" Caprice tugged on the gold anklet on Rosalyn's leg which was quite irritating as she was trying to walk.

"Not so loud, will you?" Rosalyn said with a roll of her eyes. "You're going to give us away if you don't keep quiet."

Caprice harrumphed and her gaze started to wander, looking for something entertaining. "Oiiiii..... can't we do something fuuuuuun?" she moaned. "Look, that silly looking Red Mage is arguing with one of those fat Galka. Lets go steal his coin purse while they're distracted."

Rosalyn looked down at the automaton with a glare only to find it gone. Caprice had already wandered over to Aeric and was sneaking up behind him with an arm reaching for his pockets. Rosalyn reached down and slapped a button on the Turbo Animator on her thigh and Caprice let out a little shriek as a wavelength jolted through the air and Caprice returned to Rosalyn's side.

"Look what you've gone and done, I almost had the dumb loaf's money..." If Caprice had a face it would have been scrunched up in annoyance.

"As nice as it is to make a few extra coins, I'm afraid I know that dumb loaf, and from the looks of it he's wanting to make a loaf of bread too." Rosalyn walked over to the regional vendor and placed a handful of gil in his hand. "Stop being such a cheapskate and suck it up," Rosalyn said to Aeric with a grin. Her eyes narrowed into a playful glance and she slight purr escaped her throat. "If you're going to be making lunch how about I come over too? I can bring the tea if you'd like?"
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

They walked back out of the prison in silence. Mogwai was a little frightened by what she'd seen... she didn't want to think that someone could get so obsessed over something like this.

"I think we need to call in a witness to decide what to do with you" said Mogu after a while "I'll have word sent to Aeric's residence that his moogle is to bring him in. We'll let him decide."

----

Maxwell bowed before Grand Duke Batym "Arise my servant" commanded the demon. "I am pleased that you were able to complete your task... enough that I will ignore your shenanigans along the way. But it seems your work was for naught. The beastmen army at Al Zhabi was defeated."
Maxwell cursed "It was that damn Altrage, and that damn scroll."
"I am well aware of what led to our failure. The home crystal is being repaired as we speak. However, it is of little consequence. We have a more pressing matter at hand. I feel someone may be trying to manipulate us."
"That's preposterous, sir. The only race more devious than your own is mine, if you don't mind my lack of humility, and I know for a fact that they-"
"Nevertheless, there have been a number of large battles across the lands. I had assumed it to be the work of one of our allies, but our defeat at Al Zhabi suggests whatever it is may be against us as well."
"What will you have me do then?"
"Head to Bastok. I'll have someone else head to Jeuno. You are to observe and report to me if you find anything concerning an impending conflict."
"And if I should find the individual responsible?"
"...he is not our ally. Should the conflict be part of a scheme to harm us, you are to do what you can to prevent it."
"A demon's minion aiding the children of Altana... never thought I'd see the day. As you wish."
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Aeric on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:32 am

Aeric smiles warmly.

“It seems I can’t argue with one merchant in the entire stretch of Vanadiel without Rosalyn Sable coming to their rescue. You truly are the people’s hero.” Aeric said with a grin. “I’m really glad to see you though. Unfortunately I was unable to locate a lot of our friends after the battle in Whitegate.” A look of concern spread across the face of the Red Mage as he led Rosalyn towards his Mog House.

“Bastok is my home, Rosalyn. The people I love live within these walls… tell me, what are the chances their will be an attack here?” Aeric stops and turns to face the Mithra. “I can’t let Bastok suffer the same fate as the other nations.”

Aeric stalls before entering his Mog House.

“You’ll have to excuse the mess…”
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Linear on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:41 am

Linear had arrived in Port Bastok. It didn't change much at all either. 'Don't they ever ren...-' his thoughts were cut off as a chill ran up his spine. There was much fear here. It was so thick, that it was nearly tangible.

He understood immediately. Only Bastok and Jeuno had gone without conflict yet. He could only hope these peoples fears wouldn't come to fruition. Linear bowed his head, there wasn't much point thinking on this, he needed to keep moving.

The residential area was fairly silent. Occassionally the worried mutterings of wives and neighbors could be heard. At one point on his way to his Mog House, he passed a hume, mithra and automaton. The hume, definately a Red Mage, seemed very worried about Bastoks wellfare. He couldn't see the mithras, whom he assumed was the automatons master, face, but he assumed she was just as worried.

Linear passed on by, hoping his memory served him well as he walked up to a Mog House. Well, his key worked. He pushed the door open and peered in. It was clean, the surfaces gleaming with obvious caretaking. "MASTER!" a squeaky moogle voice exclaimed. Linear was immediately bowled over as his moogle, Mogrika, tackled him in glee. "Oh, it's been so long, master! I've kept everything just as you left it!" Linear grinned, "You certainly did. Thanks, Mogrika." He pushed himself up. It felt good to be back.

He eyed his Noble's Bed. Altana, did it look comfortable. The caves in Attohwa Chasm were barely habitable. Antlions and Scorpions moved from den to den often. More than once he'd found a huge, hungry insect looming over him, ready to feast. Better that than corses' though. Or, in one case, a wyrm. He'd slept during the day, to avoid the undead.

He'd been travelling nonstop sicne he left the chasm. "I'm going to nap, Magrika. We can talk more when I wake up." He told her gently, pulling off his armor. "Okay, master. Good Night." Linear sank into his bed, and immediately passed out.

It was really good to be back.
Linear
Tough

Next

Return to Role-Playing