FFXI Pbp: Chapter 4

Re: FFXI Pbp: Chapter 4

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:01 pm

"It seems as though the Blue Soul has been found, and with it St. Germaine, the true weilder." Rosalyn continued working on the tunica, using a different thread to embroider an insignia onto the back. "I'm beginning to remember some things, like who I am and who I used to be," Rosalyn held out the tunica to examine her work and, satisfied, repeated the insignia on the right shoulder, "but it's not all totally clear quite yet." Rosalyn pulled the finished tunica on over her head and slipped her arms through the long sleeves. She stood from the table and walked over to the small living area where she collected a pair of slacks that she had completed on the rest of the trip back after the Gigas attack. She pulled on the slacks, the sides embroidered with golden thorned vines.

She then grabbed a solid leather half breastplate and strapped it around her chest with a buckle on the front and one on the strap over her right shoulder. This was followed with a heavy leather belt over her tunica and she finished dressing by putting on the greaves and gauntlets she made the day before. She leaned against the back of a sofa, flicking her tail almost irritably.

"I wish I could stay here," she said as she rolled her long sleeves up until they were comfortable with the vambraces, "it's peaceful, for the most part, and it's hard to have to leave people again..." Rosalyn thought for a moment.

"But just like that time, I don't belong here..." She fished her goggles out of the sofa cushions and fed her hair through the strap before putting them on on her forehead. She then tied her hair back in a long ponytail rather than keeping it up like she usually did. She fussed with her long bangs until they stayed put at either side of the goggle lenses and pulled her heavy sword rig up onto her shoulders. "Tell you what, Kupachi can stay here as long as you need him to. Just have him send the rest of my belongings back to my Mog House when you two get some fee time." Rosalyn smiled once more at her moogle friend.

She made her way for the door but stopped, then quietly made her way back down the hallway. She slipped back into Claire's bedroom and retrieved her crimson linkpearl and kissed Claire's head once more. Rosalyn closed her eyes for a moment, and nodded to herself. She placed a single flower down on the nightstand and made her silent goodbyes, then left the apartment and left the MHMU.

Rosalyn stopped in the early morning snow when the MHMU was just a small shape on the white horizon. The weather was taking a turn for the worse, and she looked back one final time before pulling her goggles down to shield her eyes from the snow.

"I cannot stop now," she said as she continued on against the winds, "I still have something I must do."

This steadfast determination... this is why they once called me the Wild Rose.

---
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby urthdigger on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Mogwai watched as Rosalyn left. It was a little tempting to try and make her stay... but what would be the point in it. At least she'd still have Kupachi around. Still... even though she hadn't thought of it for a while, it was tempting to... she stopped her line of thought as she noticed she was sinking her teeth into her arm. She could hear Claire stirring to get up even now, so she walked back into her room to wake up Kupachi, giving him a light shake "Hey, I bet you're still tired, but it's about time we got up."
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:16 am

Kupachi rolled and mumbled and bleary-eyed sat up from his slumber. "But I dun wanna go to school...." he said through a yawn. "I don't feel good..." A few blinks later and he realized where he was. He looked up at Mogwai and leapt from the bed in surprise. "Kupo-po! Wh-what I meant was 'morning already?'!"

((short post is short))
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 am

"I'll meet you guys in Beadeux. I'll need to stop by my Mog House and see about a change of armor. I can't fight in this anymore, as you can see." Linear said, motioning to his battered armor. He rummaged around in his gobbie bag for awhile before he pulled out a very, very old Scroll of Instant Warp. "See you there!" he said with a wave and dissapeared.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Aeric on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:49 am

Cemalidor wrote:"It's OK if i return to windurst before to fetch some stuff and preparations?"

Linear wrote:"I'll meet you guys in Beadeux. I'll need to stop by my Mog House and see about a change of armor."

As the two heroes departed Aeric burst out laughing beside Urthdigger.

"You going to get all dolled up for the Quadav stronghold too, Urth? I mean, the whole cuffs and chains look is nice but... have you ever considered a ribbon for your hair?"

The Redmage paces around the room.

"I hope this plan works and we can defeat Joseph... every minute we remain idle gives him another opportunity to increase his power. Trumping his efforts only slows his process... we need to defeat him." Aeric glances over at the Galka as he pulls out his warp scroll.

"I sure hope Maxwells plan is better thought out than his prison break..." The Red Mage mutters.

((From here I warp to Bastok and choco the rest of the way. I know, I'm old school...))
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby urthdigger on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:36 am

Urthdigger glanced around as he was left alone in the throne room. Sighing, he pulled out a scroll of instant retrace, back in the time before he had a criminal record, and took the maw back to the present in the marshlands.

Maxwell met the galka and the others by the outpost once they were all gathered, well out of hearing range of any quadav "Ok... when we go in, I'm going to need you all to do exactly as I say, without hesitation. Your cover story is that I own you, alright? I'm going to see if I can arrange for us to get the technology they use in those machines under the pretense of testing it on you back in the safety of my lab. That should be convincing enough."

----

Claire stretched and got out of bed, feeling a bit upset as she noticed Rosalyn was gone. She rubbed a finger over the rose on the nightstand sadly, before getting dressed and walking out into the hallway

---

Mogwai laughed and pulled Kupachi out of bed and into the hallway, running into Claire. "Oh hey you two" she said "Have fun last night?"
"Last night was.... interesting....kupo," said Kupachi sheepishly, as Mogwai nodded.
"I bet..." said Claire, thinking a bit "You weren't very quiet."
Both of them blushed red as they walked out into the living room, Claire getting a bit annoyed as she checked the kitchen cupboard and found no coffee. "I was thinking we'd continue our little fun from yesterday." she said, getting a small reaction out of the two "Had some fun with some drinking... how do you feel about nip?"
"Ehe... I'm trying to avoid that..." confessed Mogwai
"I've seen your record" said Claire with a smirk "Still, replacing one addiction with another is a viable way of getting over it. I know where we can get some, I'll just... what the hell?"
She was interrupted by a siren going off in the main hall. A quick glance out the window didn't show anything yet, but she ran off to her room to grab her staff "Damnit, that's never good, never good at all... come on you two, it might not be safe here."

Once outside, the three could see what was going on. A large group of gigas was marching on the settlement. Mogwai took a quick glance over the moogles assembling to fire, and the gigas. They were outnumbered, not a good sign.
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Aeric on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:59 am

Maxwell wrote:I'm going to see if I can arrange for us to get the technology they use in those machines under the pretense of testing it on you back in the safety of my lab."

"Why do I get the gross feeling you've used that very same line to lure Moogle-woman back to your place?"

Aeric shook his head.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:23 am

Raa Laka stayed some distance away from the outpost, listening to the instructions from the Moogle. He'd play along for now. The Quadav would probably be quite confused by the presence of a Yagudo walking alone into Beadeaux, but with a Moogle with the Duke's insignia, there would probably be a chance that their words would be heard.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Cemalidor on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:56 am

Cem took the shortest way possible. ... Well, not entirely. But the detour over Windurst Woods wasn't that long and he needed to relais some infos via Nanaa to Aldo. Most of the people seemed to be cool, but Cem didn't trust the matter half as wide as he would be able to throw Urth.
Nanaa wasn't the brighest bulb in the Tenshodo (he remembered more than one of her clashes with the Star Onion Brigade), but nominal she was in charge for the Tenshodo here in Windy. And Aldo took such stuff serious. Maybe because the whole organisation consisted mostly of psychopaths. But if some things got rolling they might be able to weed the worst cases out.
After that he took some items out of the secret storage in his armored box. Better if he doesn't have do use that stuff......
So taking the exit into the port district he was able to join the troop soon enough to get the lecture.
"Any other stuff we should know? I did some trails into Turtle-Town in the past, but was able to stay out of the path of Adamanking and stuff."
Sam/Rdm/Blm/Thf/Drg/Dnc/Bst/Pld/Pup 99, Mnk 60, Smn 52, War 51, Nin 51, Whm 51, Blu 45. Having all jobs ( :cheer: )
Citizen of San'doria/Ragnarok, Rank 6 ^^ :h5_b.gif:

Lukikiis personal Besieged RADAR
I'm not evil, I'm just very creative.
Cemalidor
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (620)
World: Ragnarok
Title: Prishe's Buddy

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:08 pm

Rosalyn's heart beat heavy in her chest and in her ears as she leaped and bounded out of the way of a volley of boulders twice her size. One such boulder exploded behind her, kicking up shrapnel at her unprotected back. Spinning in midair Rosalyn countered with an impulse of wind that deflected the rock debris and propelled her in the opposite direction. She hit the ground hard and rolled backward a few times before managing to get back to her feet and recover.

The contingency of Gigas that she had stumbled into on her trip south was far too large for her to battle on her own and quite angry after she had taken one out in a great blaze. They continued following behind her stopped long enough to toss boulders of earth and ice. There was even a large pack of tigers hot on her heels, there were apparently some Beastmasters within the group. One of the beasts had neared after Rosalyn's stumble and attempted to pounce but was stopped midair by a pillar of ice that jutted out of the ground. Rosalyn resumed her hard dash north and barely avoided a boulder that slammed into the earth in front of her. She leapt up onto it and found herself running right into the tail end of another group. They must have heard the commotion and turned in aide.

She was flanked and there was no chance of escape. Another boulder came sailing in from the group in front of her. "No time to think this out," she said as she withdrew her blade with the green gem in its pommel, "all I have left is to act." She jumped to meet the boulder and released a strong Wind Frequency behind her with a spin and a swing of her blade. As she and the boulder neared eachother she reached out, scrapped and rolled along the top of the rock enough to get footing and leaped into the air once more in the direction of the next boulder.

She barely missed the next rock, having to slam her blade into it and use her momentum to swing herself up onto the chunk of earth soaring through the air. She took a quick second to find the next volley and leapt. She landed on top of this one as it was still climbing and the rough landing knocked the wind out of her. She stumbled and managed a weak leap as the rock reached its apex. She kicked in the air swinging herself around and propelled herself with a Zephyr Frequency and began a long fall down. The ground rushed up to meet her at a sickening speed and stopped abruptly before she slammed into it.

A gigas had managed to catch her mid fall by the leg and the whiplash sent a reverberation of pain throughout Rosalyn's body. She coughed blood onto the trampled snow under her. Her lungs burned for air, still empty from her last hit and she gasped for breath. The gigas threw back his arm, raising Rosalyn high into the air... then slammed her down into the ground.

The group of gigas left her there and continued their march to the north. As the last one passed Rosalyn weakly climbed to her knees. The last gigas stopped and turned to face her. The brute grinned mercilessly and lumbered over to her. It raised up its club ready to strike. The giant's arm fell to the ground still clutching the massive club. The giants truly were dumb, as it the beast couldn't comprehend what had just happened. Rosalyn stood up, removing a vial of noxious pink liquid and chugged it down. She tossed the empty glass at the giant, hitting it in the head, and the beast fell backward with a loud thud.

Rosalyn let out a long breath and swung her blade, leaving an arc of blood along the pale snow, then sheathed it. She lifted her goggles from her eyes and peered to the north. Her slitted pupils narrowed and she began running to the north and the MHMU.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Linear dug through his Safe and Locker. He knew what he was looking for. He hadn’t continued wearing it due to a bad memory linked to his. He found it.

He pulled out a thick black vest with a long skirt and overly large collar. It had a poorly done stitch in the back and under the sternum on the right side of the front. Next he pulled out a pair of black pants. They were faded to a dusty grey color in some places. Then he pulled out a pair of black boots. They had a few buckles on them.

Linear started stripping off his ruined Askar armor. It was bittersweet. It was an amazing set of equipment. Sadly, it was a little constricting when it came to movement and was fairly heavy. As the Korazin came off, linear fingered a pale scar under his sternum, right side. He closed his eyes, unable to push the memory away…

((Flashback~ Yasunori Mitsuda - Nephilim))
“Linear!” a mithran whitemage called out from behind him. They were surrounded on three sides by demons. “Clai…- Ahgh!” Linear gasped out in pain as a lance if pain burst in his left thigh. He looked down at the sword protruding from him, just above the knee.

The blade was withdrawn and he fell to his knees, one hand covering the wound, the other defiantly gripping his lance. He used his lance to push himself to his feet, the adrenaline beginning to eliminate the pain. He lunged in a blur and impaled the assailant through the throat. He ripped the blade of viciously. He felt a gentle breeze on his wounds and the blood flow stopped. A scar would remain though.

Linear turned to see how she was doing. His eyes widened in horror, instinct took over and he kicked off a wall towards her. He wrapped his arms around her and spun, trying to pull her away from the oncoming blade. The both cried out as the were pierced. Linear from high on his back out through a point just below his sternum. Claidi pierced deeply into her stomach. They hit the ground hard and slid fro a few more feet before they came to a halt. A river of blood trailed behind them.

The demons hesitated to move towards them. Claidi, despite her injury cast a escape spell. As they emerged from the darkness, Linears awareness came back. His wound, it was painful and potentially lethal if left unchecked. Claidi though… no cure spell could ever hope reverse that degree of damage. He stared down at her, eyes wide in grief. She knew what was happening as well as he did. Blood trickled out of the corners of her mouth. Linear tenderly wiped it away, then pulled her face to his chest, buttying his face in her dark locks. He whispered words of endearment to her for what, to him, seemed an eternity. No sudden confessions of love, they’d known their feelings for years now. They felt no need to name those feelings.

Finally, she went limp in his arms. He closed his eyes. He’d have time to weep later. Gripping the sword that pinned them together yet ripped them apart, Linear pulled the blade out gently. He called out with his soul to Himmelskralle, gladly melding bodies to save his master. Linear set his lance in it’s strap and stuck the sword in his belt. He picked Claidi up, like a morbid, blood soaked bride and carried her until he reached an outpost..

((un-flashback))

Linear finished pulling on his armor. It was much lighter than his Askar stuff. Making his way to the mines, he rented a chocobo and raced off for Beadeux.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby urthdigger on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:29 am

With his entourage in tow, Maxwell marched to the entrance of Beadeaux. He couldn't help but notice the quadav ready their weapons.
"Relax, honey." he said with a wave of his paw "These adorable little minions are with me."
"...why?" grunted one of the quadavs
"You know moogles are capable of hypnosis right? It's one of the things that makes us just irresistible. I'm bringing them in to show what I've accomplished."
"I thought that only worked on lesser beasts?" grunted another one.
Maxwell was completely unfazed by the logic, stepping over it easily "For the untrained moogle, yes. I'm one of the kindred's chosen, this is just one of my many powers, pumpkin. Observe my control over them: Red one, you hit the big one."

----

The three ran out into the snow, Mogwai almost forgetting to grab her gun. "Mogwai, you provide supporting fire." ordered Claire "I'll help heal the wounded. Kupachi, you should probably help out there as well since you're unarmed."
They joined the rest of the forces, waiting until the beasts were in ranged. First the lone sniper started firing, and then as they got closer the rest of the moogles joined in. One, then two of the beasts went down, but not without a fight. Claire was being kept busy healing the wounded, though Mogwai was having doubts about her ability as yet another shot ricocheted off their armor "Claire... look, I know the reason I'm here... but you and I both know I can do better than this. I need some of your power, kupo..."
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Aeric on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:43 am

Aeric shook his head.

"Sorry Urth..." the Red Mage whispered before shifting into a zombie like trance. With rigid movements and an intent to kill, Aeric turned toward the Galka and gave him a mean kick in the shin.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Raa Laka looked at the Hume and shook his head. Looking over at one of the dens, he saw a particular one where he had been treated in a mission a long time ago. Li'Rha exited her medicine den and looked on at the commotion's general direction, her blank gaze so empty yet she seemed to know that the Yagudo was here, and her face changed into one of content. Instinctively, the ninja nodded to the Seer, though he was not sure if she would catch his acknowledgment.

He looked at Maxwell and wished to speak against the foolish plan, but he was almost certain the Quadav could hear him, even in a hushed tone. He thought against it and prayed this plan would proceed according to his plan.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Cemalidor on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Cem had to muster all selfcontrol not to laugh. That little Moogle had brass ones, pulling such a stunt out of the backhand....
Sam/Rdm/Blm/Thf/Drg/Dnc/Bst/Pld/Pup 99, Mnk 60, Smn 52, War 51, Nin 51, Whm 51, Blu 45. Having all jobs ( :cheer: )
Citizen of San'doria/Ragnarok, Rank 6 ^^ :h5_b.gif:

Lukikiis personal Besieged RADAR
I'm not evil, I'm just very creative.
Cemalidor
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (620)
World: Ragnarok
Title: Prishe's Buddy

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing