FFXI Pbp: Chapter 4

Re: FFXI Pbp: Chapter 4

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:14 am

Greatwood - Fable

The pirate walked along the snowy cliff sides upwards to where he thought he could find the answers to all his questions. It was unlikely that he would even receive any, and quite possible he would end up dead, but that risk was worth taking. The snow had slowed a bit in the past hour or so leaving his tri-corne littered with melting ice. He removed the hat to brush off the rest of the snow and sighed. This was proving to be a more arduous task than he had hoped and now he was alone; a choice he had made.

"Damn them all," he cursed out loud, "If the Empire wasn't so damn sneaky...If this world was not so corrupt..." He trailed off into his own thoughts and before long he found himself near the very top of the mountain range. A steep slope stood before him with many caves and ledges that a only a skilled adventurer could reach. Just then a large gust of wind blew from behind him. His hat flew into the air almost losing it off the edge but he caught it and placed it back on his head as he turned to see what had caused the uproar. There standing before him was Jormungand, the world serpent.

WHY HAVE YOU COME TO MY NEST? The voice of the beast rang through Altrage's head. The Great Dragons had the ability to communicate telepathically between other beings, but since Altrage shared a pact with a dragon the voice was exceptionally loud. I SENSE THE PRESENCE OF ANOTHER DRAGON, BUT I SEE NO SUCH THING, THIS MUST MEAN YOU HAVE FORMED A PACT WITH A DRAGON.

"Yes, Jormungand, I have," he stated, "I have formed a pact with one such Wyvern of the name Unryu, who roams the skies as we speak." His voice was nervous, it one twitch the world serpent could snap him in two; not even the power of Fenrir could protect him long enough.

WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE TO MY NEST DRAGOON? DO YOU DARE TRY TO CLAIM MY HEAD FOR YOUR TROPHY? I HAVE KILLED MANY A MORTAL WHOM THOUGHT IT POSSIBLE.

“No, no,” the pirate said in protest, “I assure you that is not the reason for my presence. I come seeking answers; answers that your master might know.”
YOU SPEAK OF BAHAMUT. THE RULER OF THE SKIES, RULER OF THE DRAGONS. WHY SHOULD I BOTHER WITH SUCH A MORTAL AS ONESELF?

“Because I’m afraid that if the situation is allowed to escalate any farther than not even the Great Dragons like your self will be able to stop it,” the pirate stated, “I need to speak with Bahamut to get some answers.” A bead of sweat dropped down his forehead. It was freezing cold and he was beginning to sweat. This dragon was known for its fierce attitude and unwillingness to help others but it was his only chance. He needed to speak with Bahamut.

DO YOU CHALLENGE OUR STRENGTH?! WE WHO HAVE LIVED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS WILL NOT SO EASILY BE WIPED FROM VANA’DIEL!

“I mean no offense,” Altrage said, “It’s just-”

MY POWERS REACH FAR AND WIDE. DO YOU THINK I AM NOT CAPABLE OF CONTACTING BAHAMUT FROM RIGHT HERE? SPEAK THY QUESTION AND BEGONE FROM MY SIGHT.

“My question: Does the King of the Dragons know of the forbidden power used to call forth the Avatars via a marking on the body? If he does then I need to speak with him.” There was a moment of silence before Jormungand responded.

HE KNOWS OF THIS MAGIC, BUT WONDERS HOW IT IS THAT A CHILD OF ALTANA HAS LEARNED OF THIS FORBIDDEN MAGIC.

“Because, I have been imbued with the power of Fenrir.” the pirate removed his shirt and revealed the tattoo on his back. Jormungand let out a roar that shook the mountains and split the ice cold air.

WHERE HAVE YOU RECEIVED THIS POWER?! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, HOW HAS THIS GONE UNCHECKED? WHY HAVE WE, THE GREAT DRAGONS, BEEN OBLIVOUS TO THIS!

“I’m afraid that there are more with this kind of magic,” the pirate stated, “In fact I’ve already encountered two others, one with the power of Phoenix and the other the power of Ramuh.”

HAS THE WORLD REALLY BECOME SO CHAOTIC…WE ALREADY HAD OUR HANDS FILLED WATCHING THE PROGRESSION OF THE BLUE SOUL AND NOW THIS…

“Blue…soul..?”

THAT IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN; YOU MUST SPEAK WITH BAHAMUT PERSONALLY. IF THIS MARKING ON YOUR BACK IS GENUINE THEN VANA’DIEL MIGHT BE ON THE BRINK OF EXTINCTION. QUICKLY DRAGOON CLIMB ONTO MY BACK AND I WILL TAKE YOU TO HIM. With that Altrage climbed on Jormungand and he rode towards Bahamut’s nest.

“So it seems like he is trying to get aid from the Dragons…this will be quite amusing…”
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Blog: View Blog (7)
World: Shiva
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Pursuer of the Truth
Jobs: DRG + COR + SCH

Postby urthdigger on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:34 am

"There, you see?" said Maxwell. "They'll do anything I say."
"That wasn't much of a hit... why don't you do something a bit harder for them. How about having the big one kill the red one in return."
Maxwell staggered back in surprise, but managed to pull that around "Do you have any idea the effort it takes for me to do this? They're valuable research specimens damnit!"
That seemed to appease them, but one of the quadavs made a point of reminded Maxwell that they'd be watching him. "Follow me." Announced the moogle as he led his "puppets" into Beadeaux. He walked completely past the Mute, letting them all get hit by the Afflictor "Fascinating... I've never actually seen it work before." he said before leading them further to the Qulun dome. "Zombie walk!" he announced as he left the underground section, drawing quite a few looks from the quadavs as the adventurers stuck their hands out and started walking stiffly.

It took a while for them to reach the Qulun Dome. The order for a zombie dance number near De'Vyu didn't help that any. "Greetings Adamantking... you guys back there quit moaning and kneel" said Maxwell, delivering a bow while keeping his right paw on his knee so the ring was visible. "I've been sent by my master to request that you let us borrow the machines used in your city, the Afflictor and Mute. We'd like to further test it's affects on adventurers, starting with these prisoners of mine here. We are hoping we can use the results to help stop an impending threat to the beastmen confederacy."
The Adamantking considered the offer for a while "You ask us to make our city undefended, for the promise of defense against a threat we've seen no proof of existing, by doing something we've already done? Were you not sent by the kindred I would kill you on the spot for even suggesting such a ridiculous offer."
"I've considered your point of view on this, which is why I'm prepared to offer kindred troops to supplement the lack of defense, as well as giving you back the information we learn from it. We are looking to find a way to weaponize the mechanism, basically make a portable version. I imagine such a device would be of great use to you."
"Hmm... very well. We shall see about digging up one of each of the machines. You and your prisoners must help. And you figure out how to transport them." he said, adding a long laugh at the end."

----

Claire closed the difference to Mogwai and bared her shoulder "Fine. Just for this fight."
Mogwai nodded and started the incantation. It took around 10 seconds, but on a battlefield that was a long time. As she uttered the last kupo, she gave Claire a lick along the base of her neck to dull the pain, and bit her, sucking out her blood. She'd almost forgotten how nice the rush was, and had to force herself off when she'd gotten a sufficient amount to keep her focused for the next few minutes. "Thanks" kupoed Mogwai as she turned her attention back to the battlefield. The skills of a ranger flowed through her now, dropping to a knee and firing at the Gigas' weak points, reloading her rounds in a steady, fluid motion. Claire kept an eye on her as she tended to the wounded. The moogle looked completely focused on the fight, not even looking back at the hume at all. This was good: It seemed she wasn't having thoughts of going back for more.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:07 am

Looking at the adventurers act so strangely made the Yagudo let out a miffled chuckle, faintly. He was particularly glad that he wasn't an adventurer, not having to fall for the Moogle's antics. Miraculously enough, the wise Quadav managed to not see through the plan and has agreed, though leaving plenty of leeway for the adventurers to create a plan to move the machines. He looked behind him and saw Li'Rha smoothly navigating the tunnels without being hampered by her lack of sight. Her deep eyes looked longingly and emptily at Raa Laka for a moment, before the Yagudo halted the silence between them.

"Have you seen him?" He began, hoping that the Quadav, in her black world managed to gain a loose vision of their friend. The answer was but a shake of her head.

"He's fighting his own battle. I cannot help." a feeble voice came, struck with worry. The sagacity of the Quadav had puzzled the Yagudo many times, but to see her in fear like this was not normal. The Yagudo only growled quietly and glanced at the Adamantking briefly, before asking the Quadav.

"How do you suppose they'll move the traps. Moreso, turn it into a weapon..."

"I do not know. However, I applaud their ingenuity."

Raa Laka narrowed his eyes. "Yes." he recalled him making that same statement from his own observations of the races, long ago with the Tarutaru...
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Aeric on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Aeric and the rest of the adventurers stood around the Afflictor with shovels and pickaxes at their feet. The Red Mage knew the quadavs were keeping them under a watchful eye, so he was careful not to raise his voice too much.

"There is absolutely no way in I am going to dig a wet hole wearing my Artifact Armor." Aeric spoke to Cemalidor "I mean, is that moogle serious? Does he even see what I'm wearing? This is fabric that must be carefully dry cleaned if I'm going to keep it in this condition."

Aeric shook his head cautiously, so as not to attract too much attention.

"I'm not doing it... I swear, I'm putting my foot down." Aeric leans towards Cemalidor. "Hey... YOU should talk to the Moogle. Tell him it's only logical for the Galka to do all the work... since well, ya know, he's a Galka."

Aeric nervously glances over at Urthdigger to make sure he couldn't overhear the conversation, before nudging Cemalidor towards Maxwell.

"C'mon, Cem... maybe you can convince Maxwell to let us wander around and look for a way to transport the device?"
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby Linear on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:38 am

Linear relished in the physical labor. It took his mind off Claidi's death, which despite his best attempts, kept forcing itself into the forefront of his mind.

He hoped this plan worked. The force Germaine had used on him was overwhelming and the monster claimed to have only used a small portion of his full strength.

Aeric was mumbling something to Cemalidor. Probably making jokes or talking about Maxwell, Homicidal Moogle Extrodinaire. Linears lips twitched at the thought and continued digging.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby urthdigger on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:53 am

After several hours of hard work, they'd managed to pry two of the machines in the eastern part of Beadeaux out of the ground. Of course, now they were tasked with the problem of moving the hulking machines. Of course, since they would have to dismantle them eventually to study them, an idea came to Maxwell.
"Hey... we'd probably have to disassemble it for study... why don't we just dismantle it here and transport the parts?"
"Why didn't you think of that earlier!" cried out one of the adventurers
Maxwell gave a flick of his pom-pom "My master pays me to do grunt work and look sexy, not to think."

After a few more hours of work, they managed to saw an opening into the casing, which indeed seemed to be just that: A heavy case surrounding a core of magicite. Maxwell reached his paw down to grab it, but recoiled as he felt his whole arm go numb. Though the effect of the device didn't effect beastmen, it seemed directly touching the core was not a smart decision for anyone.
"Big guy. Satchel" commanded Maxwell, getting Urthdigger to hand his mog satchel over. Maxwell then proceeded to dip it in, scooping the device into the bag with only a bit of a burning to his paws as his digits graced the orb. Luckily, it seemed to not be damaging the satchel. He did the same with the Mute, significantly easier as the magicite had less of an impact on him: He could actually pick it up and carry it with only making his head hurt, but he stuck it in the bag all the same, then laid his greatsword over his shoulder and hung the bag from there so he wasn't quite so close to it.
"Well, that's done. Come, my minions, back to Castle Zvahl!" he said, before leaning in close to Aeric and whispering "Well, actually we're heading to the outpost so you can lead us to that moogle help you promised."

----

Mogwai knelt behind a snow bank where her fur mostly blended in, taking shots over her cover at the approaching gigas. A few were down, but more remained. One in particular was wreaking havoc on the front line of marksmoogles.
"Damnit, stay back where you belong!" shouted Mogwai. Stepping to the top of the snowbank, she aimed her gun at the gigas, time appearing to slow down for a bit as she carefully adjusted her aim. Her short furry digits pulled the trigger back, hammer reaching back, then slamming forward, igniting the small explosion to send the bullet forward. All of a sudden, time seemed to return to normal as the bullet zipped to it's target, piercing the gigas' heart. It was still standing, but not for long as more gunfire brought it down.
"I am Mogwai! Know that I do not fight alone, the blood of my comrade flows through me. Together, we shall defeat you!"
It was over the top and cheesy, but that's what you're supposed to do in these situations right? The moogle charged forward from her rear line position. Lack of experience nothing, she had tasted blood, and was on the hunt.
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:58 am

With the mighty wings of the world serpent it would take no time at all to reach Bahamut’s nest. He took shelter in the place where gravity held no bounds to the earth, where a shattered past shook the world, and where a grave mistake changed the fate of Vana’diel.

WHAT TROUBLES YOU DRAGOON?

“It’s nothing,” the pirate said keeping a firm grasp on the beast’s neck.

YOUR HEART BEATS AT AN IRREGULAR PACE, BUT IT IS NOT FEAR OR COURAGE THAT IT RESPONDS TO.

“I-I’m not sure,” Altrage managed. For the first time he was feeling sorrow. His thoughts raced, his conscience evaluating what he had done to the world. For the first time he was feeling sorry.

MORTALS ARE A PECULIAR BEING. THIS IS THE VERY REASON WHY I LOATHE THEIR PRESENCE. THEY KNOW NOT WHAT IT IS THEIR HEART IS SPEAKING TO THEM. WHAT FOOLISHNESS TO LIVE YOUR LIFE NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU TRULY DESIRE.

“But do you not envy us? You have lived for thousands of years unable to pass into the Gates of Altana, does that not bother you that mere mortals have gained that privilege?”

DRAGOON, YOU ARE FOOLISH JUST LIKE THE OTHERS BEFORE YOU.

“First my name is Altrage and I haven’t adorned the title of Dragoon for what seems like ages ago.”

YET YOUR PACT HAS REMAINED INTACT? ASTONISHING THAT UNRYU WOULD REMAIN AT YOUR SIDE EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE LEFT HIM?

“I never left him, I gave him freedom, and if the time should ever come that either one of us would need the others help I would be with him or he with me.”

YOU ARE NOBLE IN YOUR CAUSES, MOST CURIOUS ELVAAN. I AM CURIOUS TO HEAR YOUR PLEA TO KING BAHAMUT.

“What a fitting place to be,” Altrage said as they entered the region where Bahamut rested.

HOW SO DRAGOON?

“This place,” he began, “as you know was stained by the past. There is a grievance here that we can never forget. This is the wound that time will never be able to heal, a scar of our mistakes.”

YOUR VOICE PLACES SORROW, YOUR THOUGHTS PLACE BLAME UPON YOURSELF. IT WAS NOT YOU WHOM CAUSED THIS, SO WHY DO YOU FEEL SUCH?

“And here they told me you were the meanest of the all the great dragons,” Altrage smirked, “You sound like you are concerned for me and we hardly know each other.”

TAKE HEED IN WHAT YOU SAY. I’D MUCH RATHER HAVE YOU FOR LUNCH, ALTHOUGH YOUR SCRAWNY BONES WOULD NOT SUSTAIN MY APPETITE, IT IS THE WILL OF BAHAMUT THAT COMMANDS ME TO BRING YOU TO HIM ALIVE AND SO I MUST OBEY. LUCK IS ON YOUR SIDE TODAY DRAGOON.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Postby Cemalidor on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:24 pm

{{Oops, was some days not around... Vacation can do this ^^;;}}

Cem decided to ignore the implications he got from Aeric. Should he tell that pal what several Galka from the Tenshodo would think about such speakings? Or even more important which steps they would take against such? Well, before anything could happen the stuff was done and Maxwell was pulling the strings again seemingly.
Sam/Rdm/Blm/Thf/Drg/Dnc/Bst/Pld/Pup 99, Mnk 60, Smn 52, War 51, Nin 51, Whm 51, Blu 45. Having all jobs ( :cheer: )
Citizen of San'doria/Ragnarok, Rank 6 ^^ :h5_b.gif:

Lukikiis personal Besieged RADAR
I'm not evil, I'm just very creative.
Cemalidor
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (620)
World: Ragnarok
Title: Prishe's Buddy

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Rosalyn had slowly made her way back to the MHMU headquarters in time to see the batallion of giants she had encountered approaching the settlement. The sound of gun fire filled the air, only drowned out by the loud crashes caused by the giants' projectiles. She withdrew two swords and came up on their unprotected rear, lashing out at the nearest giant before continuing her path toward her allies.

((short post is short))
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Aeric on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:06 am

Aeric, along with the rest of the group, now stood in Pashow Marshlands after recently exiting the Quadav stronghold.

"Thank you for this by the way..." Aeric insisted as he stood with his coat off, looking down at his muddied artifact armor. "As much as I loved proving my battle prowess on Urth (see: Kick in the shin) and digging wet trenches, I think it's time we let the other Moogles take it from here."

Aeric then led the group which consisted of; a Bound Galka, a hume Dragoon that was nearly almost as handsome as Aeric, an eccentric Thief and the cursed Moogle of the Grand Duke himself, to his Mog House.

---

"Moogle!" Aeric shouted as he kicked the door in. The Red Mage then took a good look around, inspecting his room. "I see you've cleaned up since the last time I've been here."

"That makes one of us..." The Moogle murmured to his side.

"What was that, Moogle?" The Red Mage shot back. "Look, I'm done playing games here. You need to take us to the MHMU."

"But Kupo..." The Moogle quivered "You know I'm not supposed to be..." but before the Moogle could finish, the Red Mage pulled a Kupo Nut from his pouch.

The team soon whisks away.

---

A brisk and bitter wind hit the group as the stood near the entrance of the MHMU. The rest of the group was quick to point out a Giga force engaging a small group defending the building.

They all moved fast...
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 am

Patrick O'hearn - Devil's Lake

Altrage dismounted the beast Jormungand. Down the short stretch stood the ever proud Bahumat his black wings fanned out to his sides, his arms crossed looking at the pirate. The world serpent took to the air once Altrage began to approach Bahamut finding a resting place high above on a floating rock.

SO THIS IS THE ELVAAN THAT YOU SPOKE OF JORMUNGAND? Said Bahamut.

YES HE BEARS THE CURSED MAGIC, ON HIS BACK. The Dragon replied.

SHOW ME THE MARKINGS THAT YOU BEAR. Bahamut commanded in a voice that pounded in Altrage's head, moreso than Jormungand's. The pirate once again removed his shirt and revealed the tattoo.

"So you two seem to know more about this than I do," the pirate admitted, "care to explain?"

HAVE YOU USED THE POWER THIS MAGIC GIVES MORTAL? Bahamut asked.

"Well yes, I have," Altrage replied, "numerous times to be exact; but only to save myself or the people around me."

THEN IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU. Bahamut reluctantly stated.

“Too late? Too late for what?” Altrage asked. He was at a loss. The King of the Dragons was withholding information and it was beginning to upset him.

YOU HAVE BOUND YOURSELF WITH AN EMPTY. Bahamut stated bluntly.

“An…empty?” Altrage was even more confused that before. “You mean like the creatures that haunt the crystals?”

YES, FOR EVERY BEING THERE IS AN EMPTY COUNTERPART THIS ALSO IS TRUE FOR THE AVATARS. EVEN I, THE GREAT BAHAMUT, HAVE A SHADOW. The Dragon admitted.

“So I have the power of a shadow-like Fenrir?” Altrage said trying to clear things up.

EXACTLY SO, BUT THIS EVENTUALLY THE SHADOW WILL TRY TO MANIFEST ITSELF AND ONCE IT DOES YOUR LIFE WILL BE LOST. Bahamut explained.

“So this version of Fenrir is going to use my body as a vessel to pull itself into our world?” Altrage now sounded a little worried.

YES. BUT IF YOU WERE TO DIE… Bahamut began.

“No way! Not yet anyway, I need to find someone before I can do that. I need to fulfill a promise,” the pirate said defiantly, shaking his head.

WHO IS IT THAT YOU SEEK SO THAT THIS PROCESS MAY NOT BE DELAYED. NONE OF THE EMPTINESS SHOULD COME TO THIS WORLD. IF THEY DO THEN ALTANA SAVE US ALL. Bahamut said with caution.

“Not even the great dragons could stop them?” Altrage asked.

I FEAR THE TRUE STRENGTH OF THESE CREATURES, YES. I AM NO FOOL. SURELY YOU OF ALL BEINGS KNOW A FRACTION OF THEIR TRUE STRENGTH AS YOU HAVE UTILIZED THEIR POWERS. Bahamut stated pointing his finger at the pirate.

“Indeed I have, but there are others with this power,” the pirate explained, “I have fought two of them already, one with the power of Phoenix and the other with Ramuh. If their power is so formidable then it would make sense to let me aid you in this fight to destroy them, after all I have the same potential power as them.”

REASON BINDS YOU ELVAAN. YOU DO HAVE THE STRENGTH TO FIGHT THEM, BUT IF THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE CAN YOU STOP THEM ALL BEFORE YOU LOSE YOURSELF TO THE POWER? Bahamut asked. WHY ARE YOU SO SURE THAT YOU CAN DO THIS?

“Because like I said, I can’t go until I fulfill my promise I made to an old friend,” the pirate said.

WHO IS THIS PERSON YOU SPEAK? The King of the Dragons asked.

“Her name is Darka,” Altrage began, “I’ve been looking for her, she is the one who stumbled across this forbidden magic not knowing its destructive power. I fear people of power have captured her and are using her to make more magical markings.”

I SEE. I SUGGEST YOU GO TO THE MOOGLES, THEY SEEM TO KNOW A GREAT DEAL OF ADVENTURES AND THEIR WHERE-ABOUTS. Bahamut commanded.

“That isn’t as easy as it sounds…” the pirate said with a little smirk on his face, “A while back I managed to get into some trouble at their headquarters…it was a mistake gone wrong, thought I could steal some of their ancient scrolls and learn some of their magic…Let’s just say I’m not a welcome visitor anymore, heh.”

I SHALL GIVE FAIR WARNING OF YOUR ARRIVAL. ALTHOUGH YOUR PRESENCE WILL MOST LIKELY NOT BE WANTED THEY WILL HAVE TO HELP. Bahamut said folding his arms once more.

“Okay, well I suppose it’s worth a shot,” Altrage shrugged, “Oh Jormungand made slight mentioned to some Blue Soul, sounds interesting, can you tell me anything about that?”

YOU CURIOUSITY WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU MORTAL…THE BLUE SOUL IS A WEAPON THAT UTILIZES THE SOULS OF MANY TO CAUSE GREAT DESTRUCTION. THERE ARE SOME ADVENTURERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY INVOVLED WITH THAT AFFAIR. YOU SHOULD MIND YOUR DISTANCE WITH THAT ITEM AND CONCERN YOURSELF WITH THE MATTER AT HAND… And with that Bahumat cast a spell on Altrage. Everything went dark as he warped away towards the Moogles’ HQ.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:26 pm

As the adventurers and the Moogle headed off away from Beadeaux, Raa Laka took leave of Li'Rha. Bidding a short farewell, he decided that it was time he find the Deathclaw. He took from a pouch hanging from his waist, his flute, left behind by the Deathclaw upon the destruction which had occurred in the magicite chamber of Oztroja. He moved on to a quieter region of the marsh, and amidst the cold rain began playing, hoping that his talents had still remained with him. As a mellow tune hummed in rhythm with the drizzle, he began picturing someone. No, something...something very fearful. A muzzle full of fangs. A heart burning with fire -- no, much more -- darkest flames of malice spout with every beat. Raa Laka then realized that this must be whatever plagues his friend's soul. Could he have finally been taken over? He pondered this on, wondering. No, that's not possible. The Tarutaru had shown willpower of unimaginable heights, enough to calm and befriend souls that he had devoured. But it was possible there's a dark corner there...could it finally have sprung given recent events? In either case, Raa Laka knew where he was now, and so he ran, quickly heading in the direction of Jugner.

---
The Moogle and the Chocobo huddled against the figure of the fallen Deathclaw. The Moogle's cold blue eyes disguised a genuine worry as he sat by and rubbed the fur gently, resting his head on the tiger-like humanoid. Outside were several corpses of adventurers and hunters. Some were made by the disturbed creature he now cared for by the fire in the cave, dry compared to the current damp state of the forest. The rest were made by the Moogle, his adept skill at juggling had paid off, with knives easily piercing vitals aimed to protect the Deathclaw from those hunting him.

"He made a lot of commotion, hasn't he." a rasped voice came. The Chocobo quickly sat up and glared at the entrance to the cave, while the Moogle already threw a quick knife at the cave mouth, only to be absorbed by a shadow image. "Relax." The voice came again, sounding familiar to the Moogle. "Cochran, it is I, Raa Laka." The Moogle eased himself from throwing another dagger as the Yagudo walked in, casting a quick glance to the sleeping form. He seemed to understand by putting two and two that from the wounds left on the corpses outside that it was only recent that the Deathclaw had slept. "You have calmed him?"

Cochran sat down again, as did the Chocobo, nestling himself beside the transformed creature. "Only because he was so tired, kupo." a tired and quiet voice left him. He was weary from all the effort to keep him alive and he was tired. Not only that, he was also ashamed to admit that he was afraid what might happen if the Deathclaw awoke. The Yagudo moved across him in the circular cavern and sat down, handling in his arms his flute. Cochran raised a worn-out eyebrow.

"He possibly fights a spiritual battle. All I can do is calm him." He began playing a quiet tune, which echoed along the walls. Cochran was quite irritated for a brief moment, wondering if the song will attract any hunters. Looking outside, half ready to throw another knife, he looked amidst the rain which only got harder and the moon being at the peak would only mean that Hunters could end up discouraged. He shrugged and walked back in, just enjoying the tune briefly in this respite, before the weight of his own hat seemed very heavy and he was taken in by sleep himself.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Aeric on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Aeric moved fast between the crowd of attacking Gigas, dodging blows and the explosions from Moogle gunfire. After cutting the halmstrings of a giant and binding him to the snow, he caught a glimps of a familiar female Mithra fighting in the crowd.

"Rosalyn?" Aeric asked with a giant smile on his face. "Rosalyn is that you? Ha! Looks like the cat is finally out of the ba..."

But before the Red Mage could finish, the giant club of a Giga swept him up off his feet and out into the snow feild.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby urthdigger on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:42 am

Urthdigger blurred across the battlefield, having gotten accustomed to not being able to use his arms to help balance during his stay in prison, and eagerly took up the front line against the gigas... crossing into Mogwai's line of sight in the process.
"Hey Dobenn, am I ever glad to see you here!"
Urth shifted his weight as he closed into range on the nearest gigas, turning about suddenly to give the beast a massive smack with his tail "You're glad? I thought you were dead until a few hours ago! Let's chat later, fight now."

There were three gigas left, but they were all still up for a damn good reason. They were the best of the force. Even before the new reinforcements arrived, it was obvious which way the battle would go, but still the gigas fought on. Of course, Mogwai noticed another familiar face in the new helpers as well, and quickly changed her aim to shoot at Maxwell.
"Ow, hey! I'm on your side for now!" shouted Maxwell
"Yeah, and I'm still a little pissed about the whole "trying to kill me" thing, so deal with it!" shouted Mogwai in reply.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Linear on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:52 am

Linear charged forward and leapt. He burried his lance into a Gigas's throat and twisted viciously. He rode the beast as it fell and polevaulted off the corpse towards his next foe. However, somehow, he missed the massive fist aimed at him and was sent flying back a few yards.

Luckily, the deep snow absorbed what would have been a rough impact. Linear pushed himself up and realized he'd dropped his lance. A shadow loomed over him. "Oh shi-!" he gasped.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing