FFXI Pbp: Chapter 5

Re: FFXI Pbp: Chapter 5

Postby Microcuts on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:18 am

Micro remained silent, staring blankly at the ceiling as Maxwell explained himself. She couldn't think clearly as all sorts of emotions from earlier still frenzied within her head.

"Like you, I once stood up for what felt was the 'right thing to do'," she spoke out hesitantly. "I paid dearly for it though as I was basically forced away from a happy life style, and my adventuring career was threatened before I even really set off. The righteous path wasn't without consequences, I suppose. It was difficult to regain my footing, but I guess it turned out OK somehow." She paused to think clearly as to not ramble on too much.

"What I want to say is, it sounds like we've walked similar paths one way or another. I can certainly respect your goals, but I won't let you commit any more crimes." She set Maxwell aside and jumped out of bed. "Here, this is to commemorate our friendship... and to remind you that I'm keeping my eyes on you from here on out!" Brushing her hair aside, she removed one of her earrings and handed it to Maxwell along with a playful peck on his cheek.
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Volt'aire grinned up at the pirate dragoon as he began to unlock the chest. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He noticed the tavern door open once more and Urthdigger entered followed by his moogle. "In fact, I have something for a number of you..." Volt'aire opened the coffer and reached inside, its depths far larger than outward appearance would lead to believe. First he pulled out a Great Axe sporting three blades, one on each side and a final one on the top making it appear like a vicious guillotine. Each blade was etched with the image of a mad hound's muzzle."This one is for that Hume girl..." he said as he set it aside. He reached back into the coffer. "Ah-ha, this one is for our Galka friend."

Volt'aire pulled out a pair of boots adorned with all manner of blades that made it appear like some beast's taloned claw. "I've taken into consideration that you're still bound and not too concerned about it," he said to the approaching Galka, "So I made these specifically for you. There are no other pair in the world like it, wear them with pride." Volt'aire set them on the table and returned his attention to the coffer.

"I've secured us all manner of weapons for our group, all made from the rarest of materials. You could say that these weapons are alive, and if you are to wield them in battle, they may offer up a piece of their former self to use." Volt'aire grinned again as he pulled out a pair of matching javelins adorned with feathers and equipped with a finely serated blade. "One for you and your brother in arms," Volt'aire commented as he handed Altrage the weapons.

He looked up at the Bard. "I'm afraid I've got nothing for you, I didn't know about your prescence until we had already used all of our materials."
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Linear on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:55 am

You should head in, master. It's getting late. Linear nodded and jumped off the roof, scaring some random moogle half to death. He wandered towards the pub absentmindedly.

He walked in and saw most of his companions gathered around a chest. Some guy was pulling weapons out of it. He eyed the impressive looking javelins with interest.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Nation: Bastok
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:07 am

Rainwhisker rolled off the bed, his eyes slowly opened. He yawned and took several steps towards the door.

I can't sleep. Bah. Probably wouldn't mind a glass of sheep milk...haven't had those in awhile.

He exited the room and took several steps downstairs, where Volt'aire was surrounded by his other companions.

((Short comeback post is short -- I'm back home, baby!))
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby urthdigger on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Urthdigger accepted the boots graciously "I will. I get the feeling that even if our plan works, Germaine may be quite a formidable foe. We'll need all the help we can get."
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Microcuts on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:00 am

The gathering within the tavern had swelled considerable, and even more so as Microcuts rejoined the group in response to the Signal Pearl that Gauldeval rang. On the table was her new weapon which she was more than grateful for.

"Thanks. This feels...amazing!" she exclaimed as she examined it closer. As she ran her fingertips along the etching, she could almost feel a vicious presence, and it felt as if the beast lunged out of the blades.

"Seeing as how we're all gathered together, perhaps it's a good time to discuss some strategies...for best and worst case scenarios that is." she interjected as everyone else examined their new weapons in awe.
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:05 pm

"Let's see... the great axe, two polearms, the boots, a pair of claws, a rapier..." Volt'aire went over the items one last time, "my scythe and Locke's sword. That would be all of them."

Rosalyn had entered the tavern later than everyone else and joined the crowd. "Hey, those look pretty nice..." she hummed to herself. "Where's mine?"

Volt'aire slammed the casket shut. "You don't have one," he answered.

"That's not fair, how come Urth and Micro got one? Hell, even Aeric got something," Rosalyn pointed to the Red Mage off in the corner striking dramatic poses with his new toy and quipping one liners.

"We ran out of materials," Volt'aire admitted. "In other news Resha looks smoking in her new Nashira Manteel." Resha rolled her eyes at the comment.

Rosalyn sighed and sat down.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Rainwhisker walked by as he saw the amazing collection of arms. Normally he'd be delighted to see such rare treasures, but for some odd reason, he just felt out of it. He did see one that managed to perk himself a little, though. Some claws, looked very flexible so they'd probably fit right on him -- as if they were made for him. Did Volt'aire actually predict that Rainwhisker would actually come? There were so many ways that the Deathclaw couldn't have ended up here -- he could've went another path, not even joining the group in their quest. The question also came -- was he actually worthy of their trust? Why exactly was he here in the first place?

I...I don't know anymore. It seemed like I was led here more than anything else. It must've been you. It was you this whole time, but why? he wondered, and asked out into his soul, but there was no answer. Amidst the dark, he could see a grinning face -- one that's been guiding him the entire trip. Using him as a means to an end. What exactly the end was, he couldn't fathom much else except destruction -- but of what? For what purpose? Despite being in a warm tavern surrounded by people, Rainwhisker felt that he was the lonely one here -- he was lost, and didn't seem to have any goal from this trip at all.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Volt'aire smiled knowingly at Valkyr and pushed the claws across the table to him. Rosalyn harumphed somewhere in the back and he simply shook his head.

"As far as strategies go, we might as well consider this our war council. First we're going to try the Moogles' weapon, see if it will negate Germaine's regenerative capabilities. If that works, we will throw everything we have at him, even without his regen he's still a formidable opponent. If the Moogles' weapon does not work..." Volt'aire trailed off for a moment.

"We'll have to see what happens. My only suggestion for that scenerio is to remove the Blue Soul from his possession and do not hold anything back. As soon as the Moogles are done making their gun I can teleport us to Tu'Lia, so I suggest you all make your preparations..."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:45 am

The Deathclaw took his weapons and nodded, smiling weakly. "Thank you." was all that he uttered before putting them on. His face light up the minute he did -- these were some fine claws indeed. Looking at the impressive detail and how comfortable it was almost made him want to fight something. He tinkered with it for a brief moment as he listened to the war council. "Don't forget, he could have plenty more than just five slaves to throw at us." he added to the table.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:38 am

Linear looked at the gnole, "You were able to hold yourself agaisnt five at once, right? They should be easy enough to take down as long as we keep them seperated into small groups of two or three."

((short post is short))
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 am

Altrage took his newly acquired weapon. It resembled that of his tattoo on his back. Upon the touch it was slightly warm and appeared to "pulsate" as if it were alive. So this is biotechnology at its finest... He thought and put it to his side. The others were now discussing battle plans for the upcoming fight with the holder of the Blue Soul.

===

♫ Nox Arcana - Music Box ♫

"What do you think happened to Shiir and Altrage?" Guih asked as they waited for Himit and the others to report back.

"She is more then likely dead," Gray replied bluntly, "and Altrage long gone. She said he was the strongest of us all and that he was the key."

"So how do you suppose we bring him in if he won't come peacefully? I mean after all you say he is the strongest," Guih said in turn.

"She said that he would be the strongest, but she was assuming we would fight fair and it'd only be one versus one," another voice answered as he walked into the room. It was a tall and dark skinned Elvaan male. He had shaggy black hair and eyes as darker than black. On his face was the tribal-like markings of a viking helm.

"Well well look who finally decided to return," Gray said turning to the new comer and folding his arms across his chest.

"Your not the only one who was with her during her final hours," the Elvaan said with a smirk.

"What do you want Dereaux," Gray interjected.

"I've been doing my homework dear brother," Dereaux replied, "I've found out what she meant, during her last breaths."

"Oh? And where did you find this information?" Gray asked skeptically.

"Two little birds came and landed on my shoulders and whispered everything to me," Dereaux mused.

"Well then if your little Hugin and Munin told you things, then out with it," Guih said eagerly.

"It's all quite simple and logical once you actually look at it," Dereaux began, "Darka stated that he was the strongest. She didn't mean physically or mentally. She meant the power that lies within. 'He is the key.' Is that not what she said? We've all been trying to figure out why exactly he was the sole key."

"What are you getting at Dereaux," Gray asked, "I hope this isn't another one of your craze hypotheses."

"It makes complete sense, along with all the documentation I've been reading; Darka's journals, the book of Forbidden magic, knowledge of the Promyvion," Dereaux explained, "Alas, I digress! Let me explain. While we all have the power to bring forth our own Empty Avatar from within Altrage has the power to completely destroy the realms."

"Destroy the realms?" Guih asked confused at the latest bits of information.

"Well not destroy the realms but the barriers between them," Dereaux clarified, "You see there exists multiple levels or realms of life. You have this realm which is known as the Material Realm, then there is the Promyvion Realm where the Empty versions of ourselves reside, then there is the Paradiso Realm. This is the realm where the Empty version of yourself and the Material version of yourself merge together to live in 'harmony' or so the good book tends to read. However, the Material and the Promyvion Realms never touch, the Paradiso Realm is the only link between the two. However with the power of Fenrir he can destroy the Gates of Paradise creating a free flow from the Promyvion and the Material Realms."

"So instead why exactly does this concern us?" Guih asked, "Why would we want him to destroy the Gates?"

"I see it now," Gray interjected.

"Exactly so brother," Dereaux said.

"If he was to destroy the Gates of Paradise then it would allow the Empty Avatars to rush into this world. Making us, the vessels obsolete. But since we already have the power of the Empty Avatars we could use it to our advantage."

"Exactly, since they would have already merged into this world via the broken Gates, then they would no longer be able to use us but we should in theory retain their powers. Making us able to use our powers to the fullest without consequences, Dereaux finished.

"But that still leaves the question of getting him to actually do this," Guih staggered.

"Nonsense," Dereaux explained, "The Empty Fenrir inside him wishes to fulfill this task...All we have to do is push him in the right direction...Make him use the powers given to him. Then we can become the strongest beings in all three realms."
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Blog: View Blog (7)
World: Shiva
Title: Pursuer of the Truth
Jobs: DRG + COR + SCH

Postby Aeric on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:46 pm

RosalynSable wrote:"That's not fair, how come Urth and Micro got one? Hell, even Aeric got something," Rosalyn pointed to the Red Mage off in the corner striking dramatic poses with his new toy and quipping one liners.

Aeric stood in the back corner, examing his weapon.

The new sword was an amazing new tool that harmfully inflated his ego. Sure, everyone got a weapon… but none were like his. To make matters worse, the Red Mage was not very good at spelling and assumed the first four letters of his ‘Rapier’ described what he would be doing to his opponents.

The sword seemed to snuggle into Aerics grip. With renewed confidence, he stepped towards his adventuring party to discuss the battle plans.

The Red Mage felt his heart sink as he joined the circle. He would miss his friends…

((Thx for including me, Rosa))
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby urthdigger on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:45 am

Urthdigger smiled at his companions admiring their new toys "First thing in the morning, we're going after Germaine. Tu'lia awaits, along with our destiny.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Previous

Return to Role-Playing