FFXI Pbp: Chapter 5

Re: FFXI Pbp: Chapter 5

Postby urthdigger on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:44 am

Mogwai crawled out from under Micro, the poison starting to recede, and gasped at what had happened "Someone, Micro's hurt, kupo!"

"I'll take care of her." said Maxwell calmly as he begun to dance, summoning a healing wind "You take a look around."

Mogwai nodded. The forest had been a tad devastated by the fight, but it was just a bit further in from where they had fought they snoll that she saw the tree. It was in a little green clearing of thawed vegetation, a bright blue tree with leaves bending to form a single point, from which dripped a perpetual dew. The little moogle retrieved a chalice from her bag, and held it under the point until it was pretty much full.
"I think this is what we came for. Though, I wonder how Goug could possibly use this?"
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Microcuts on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:51 am

"Hold your chocobos..." Gauldeval responded, dusting off the remains of his stoneskin. He casted the highest tier of curative spell he knew for Rosalyn, and of course, patched everyone up accordingly. He quietly watched and studied Maxwell's dance as well.

Microcuts got up, feeling like a Marid had just trampled over her head. "Thanks 'sweet little bedmate'." She patted him on the head and gave him a smile, hiding the pain rather poorly.

((Edited horses for chocobo <.<))
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby Linear on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:56 am

Linear sighed in relief and let himself fall back to relax. "Are we allowed to sleep now?"

((Edited cause I didn't read carefully enough.))
Last edited by Linear on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Aeric on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:59 am

Aeric takes a deep breath.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:16 am

Rainwhisker got up from the snow, incredibly tired and restless. He scratched behind his ears and sighed. He felt warm, despite how it was so cold. "What happened?" he said, yawning from pure fatigue. "D-did we get her?'"

What happened? I...can't remember much except... all he recalled was the voice of the woman who offered him a place to control the strange creature that lurked inside him. If it was even a living soul, he couldn't tell with the impossible power it held. But the offer was far too close to Joseph's. He threw the idea down right there and then, and walked back to everyone. "I...I think I need to sleep."
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Rosalyn gave thanks for Gauldeval's healing spell and went about gathering some broken wood and debris for another fire to protect against the chill of the night.

"How much further have we got to get through this forest anyhow?" she asked as she brought a fire roaring to life.

---

The large elevator leading up to the tenth floor of the Delkfutt's Tower had a single passenger. She was no adventurer, however. The mithra in the black cloak whistled and hummed to herself, singing a song that reminded her of chocobos as the elevator hummed its way up the tower. Quiet "warks" and "kwehs" interrupted her tune at appropriate times and when the elevator came to a stop on the tenth floor opening up into an immense room full of Gigas she let out a little ding-dong sound.

"Tenth floor, Porphyrion, Mimas, Huge Moth Axes, and looooooooooots of Delkfutt's Keys~" The cloaked mithra waved into the distance. "Hi Porphyrion, I'm hoooome!"

The giant in the distance looked annoyed and turned away.

"I said 'I'm home!' " the Mithra shouted, her voice harsh. The gigas waved cautiously and moved into the corner with a number of smaller gigas. The Mithra harumphed and left the elevator room, making her way up the remaining three floors. The denizens of the upper tower paid her no mind as she walked by them as though she owned the place. She stepped onto a small teleportation platform and entered into the Steller Fulcrum where she had made her home some odd years back. Upon appearing in the small rotunda, she noticed something was amiss.

"Huh, hm, wha?" she asked the air over-exagerating her motions of surprise along the way, "Why the door to my Crystal Room is open. Whoever could be in there?" The Mithra tiptoed across the room and up the steps, entering the crystal chamber. "Ooooooh Stiltzky-poo, is that you I hear breaking and entering into my-"

The Mithra stopped in her tracks as she saw the deformed figure of a Hume clicking away at the old Zilartian technology in the crystal chamber. The man looked up, his clawed fingers frozen above the buttons on the machine.

"That's not funny, Stiltzkin, turn back into a Moogle now," she said flatly.

"I believe you have me mistaken for someone else," the man said coldly.

"Oh, well if that's the case," the Mithra flared her hand in front of her, holding two cards between her fingers, "Who are you and what are you doing in my home?"

The man looked around. "I'd hardly call this a home."

"Well it's mine," she sneered, sticking her tongue out. "I've even got my name written on it." She pointed over to one of the cermet walls that had gouges slashed into it.

"I guess the pen is mightier than the sword," he quipped, "but I hardly take you for one who can hold a pen much less a sword."

The Mithra growled and lunged at the man, knocking him away from the machines. They landed in a knot on the floor, a blue black wing spiraled into a point at her throat, and an intricate tower shield just centimeters from crushing his face into the floor.

"You look like that one I saw in Bastok," she spat, "I told you one of you would die on your journey."

"Bastok?" the man asked. "I haven't been anywhere near that city. Now I do believe you have me mistaken. Perhaps we remove ourselves from this Bastokan Standoff we seem to be in and act civilized."

"Unless you haven't guessed it, I'm not exactly civil," she sneered as her slitted eyes narrowed. And without any rhyme nor reason she extricated herself from the hume and lowered her weapons. "Just who are you bub?"

"You may call me St.Ger-"

"I didn't ask for your name."

"I... I believe you just did..." he was now thoroughly confused.

The Mithra walked away, making long exagerated steps with her hands held up behind her head. She leaned back, looking at him upside down. "Whatchu want in my home?" she narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"I am looking for a way to reach The Gate of the Gods. This crystal and these devices keep it floating in the sky. I thought there might be a teleportation device here as well."

"You long way from teleportation device, bub," she said as she straightened herself up. "So, St. Gerly-"

"Germaine."

"I suggest you search near that foresty place off the place with the mountains and the not so many trees. There's a place made of white stone, it has the teleportation pad you're looking for. Any questions, Gerly?"

He looked away, muttering under his breath. "Germaine..." He then looked back up at the Mithra. "You're a couple cherries short of a Yagudo Drink, aren't you?"

"Who you calling short? I'm plenty tall," she harumphed, placing her hands on her hips. "Who are you, get out of my house." she pointed to the door.

St. Germaine looked at her quizically. " 'Foresty place off the place with mountains and the not so many trees.' " he repeated as he marched out the door. As the door closed shut behind him he snapped out of his confusion. "HEY! Wait a minute, I'm supposed to be the bad guy around here!"

The Mithra let out a relaxed sigh as she reclined up near the large glowing crystal power-whozits, listening to the bangs on the door and rantings of some crazed hume at her door. "Gerly-man needs to just relax," she traced her finger along the crystal, little sparks of energy leaping from the giant gem to her black leather gloved finger. "He's acting all sorts of crazy..."
Last edited by RosalynSable on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Microcuts on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:12 pm

"I'm not sure how any of you could even think about falling back asleep. I suggest we just continue on while we're still wide awake, no matter the distance." said Gauldeval while jotting down some notes about Maxwell's dance, which he was greatly intrigued by.

"As tired as we all may be, I agree. We'll be able to freshen up in Goug better than we can out here." replied Micro while checking up on the backside of her armor.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Postby Aeric on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Aeric crosses his arms over his chest.

"I'm inclined to agree with Gauldeval and Micro. Every minute we waste, is a minute gained by our opponents."
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Aeric had cast raise on the conscientious Elvaan bright light shone through his body picking him up from the chest and placing him lightly on his feet. However he was still weak and stumbled slightly as he landed. Regaining his posture he walked over to the fire that Rosalyn had just lit up.

"I have a feeling we've only just cracked the tip of the iceberg, good sirs and madams," Altrage said to the group in regards to Shiir, "When I was alone with Shiir she sent me to a place where there were more people with the markings of the Avatars." He decided not to tell them about seeing Darka; it was none of their concern. However he didn't understand why she would be with them...Is their intentions truly for the betterment of Vana'diel? Could he be the one as the bad guy? He was at a loss in the matter and his face shown sour of the situation at hand.

"None the less they seem to want something with me," he said, "I would leave you to save you the troubles and dangers that await if it pleases the group. I do not wish to place anyone in any more harm."
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Blog: View Blog (7)
World: Shiva
Title: Pursuer of the Truth
Jobs: DRG + COR + SCH

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm

"Buffalo !@#$%&," Rosalyn remarked of Altrage's statement. "!@#$%& was out for blood, and not just yours. She had you in that Corsair-sicle and she could have been on her merry way, but she brought the fight to us."

Rosalyn grimaced at the tear in her tunica. "And if there's more people in league with her than they need to be dealt with too. I say we rest up here for a short while longer and high tail it to Gouge so we can finish things with St.Germaine. Then we take out your enemies."
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby urthdigger on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:27 am

"Not any further at all." said Mogwai, holding up the chalice as she took her place by the fire "All those explosions scared the other monsters that dwell in the forest away... well, most of them. I got what we came for... at least, I think it's what we came for. We should be able to head to Goug with all haste now. Hopefully the gigas will not be a problem, we are just carrying food and they're more interested in weapons." She stared at the flames as the others talked, only to add to Altraige's comment "I won't mind if you leave. Of course, I'd also love to see you perish on the way back. Actually, maybe you should come with us, kupo. Then if we all fail against Germaine, at least I'd get some satisfaction out of it."
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Aeric on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:49 am

Mogwai wrote:I won't mind if you leave. Of course, I'd also love to see you perish on the way back. Actually, maybe you should come with us, kupo. Then if we all fail against Germaine, at least I'd get some satisfaction out of it."

"Nobody kills the Corsair while I'm around. Destiny has reserved that pleasure for me." The Red Mage says pointing at his chest with his thumb. "And these Giga will share a similiar fate if they try to reach for my swords... or, God forbid, my hat."

The Red Mage shook the thought from his head.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Linear on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:52 am

"I'd prefer if you stayed myself. At the very least, I can pick up a few pointers from you. Besides, I'm kind of interested in what the others are capable of. Should make good practice for Germaine, no?" He said with a lopsided grin.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby urthdigger on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:53 am

"He kept me a prisoner and tortured me for three days. Piss off, kupo, he's mine."
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Microcuts on Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:04 am

"Ahh. I won't ask for details there, but you youngins need to cool off..." Gauldeval stepped in. "At any rate, I don't think it's merely a coincidence that we've become so intertwined with this Blue Soul and that certain magic of yours, Altrage. I may be a cynical old man at times, but with age comes intuition." Gauldeval exclaimed. "I still maintain though, we should get to Goug first for some proper rest. Perhaps we can all relax a bit before making any brash comments and decisions."
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing