FFXI Pbp: Chapter 5

Re: FFXI Pbp: Chapter 5

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Volt'aire and Resha sat in a tavern in Goug, waiting patiently for their companions to arrive.

"You think they got stuck in the forest?" Resha asked.

"I doubt it," he said as he slipped out of a heavy hooded fleece coat. The heat from the firepit had made the tavern too warm for such clothes. He propped his feet up onto a treasure coffer that they had brought with them to the frozen northlands. The coffer contained what could possibly be Vana'diel's last hope against the demon Germaine. "But then again, they're running awfully late..."

"Locke and Eris might need reinforcements in Tu'Lia, should we-"

"No. Those two should be fine, lets wait a little longer."

Resha nodded and the two returned their attention to the door.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Microcuts on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:36 pm

The gang was on the move once again, now only a couple hours away from Goug. Microcuts volunteered to sit outside and to keep an eye on the road ahead for the last leg of the caravan journey. Maxwell decided to join her by squeezing in the "seat" next to her. While she did welcome the company, she found it difficult to approach him - he was a Moogle yet so different from the likes of Mowai. Hearing about what had happened during the prison break in Bastok didn't help either.

"Sorry about bothering you in your sleep at night. Old habits and all..." she broke the silence.

"Ah? Don't worry about it, kupo." he replied sternly.

Micro stared blankly at him, trying to figure him out. Does he have a master? Is that his natural fur? How come he doesn't hang out with the other Moogles? Maybe he's just alone all the time. Does he 'bite' like Mogw-

"What? Something on my face?" he interrupted.

"No no, just thinking about something. Say, isn't that seat a bit tight for you? You can hop on my shoulder if you want."

"I ain't a kid, kupo. I'll just sit on your lap." He welcomed himself without letting her respond and sat on Micro's lap, leaning his head back against her chest. She was a bit surprised by the audacity of his response but didn't particularly mind it seeing as how he was, in the end, still a Moogle. Besides, it only took a moment for her to become distracted and fascinated with the pompom that was waving in front of her.

The establishment of Goug was now within sight in the horizon; just in time, too, since her legs were starting to turn numb. As she turned to notify the others she noticed Maxwell had fallen asleep on her lap, and decided to wait couple more minutes.
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby Linear on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 pm

"Altana, I hate sewing..." Linear grumbled as he pricked a finger while patching up his duster. It was crudely done. He'd never really tried to hone the skill. Stowing the needle and thread away, he pulled his duster on and leaned back with a yawn to take a short nap.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Nation: Bastok
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 am

♫ Final Fantasy - This Lamb Sells Condos ♫

"Where did she go?" Guih asked the others in the room.

"I'm not sure, but its not unlike her to just up and disappear like that," said the figure who resembled Darka.

"Frinell, you performed quite well in spite of Altrage's short visit," a male Hume said clapping his hands slowly.

"Shove it," said Frinell, and with a flash of light the figure of Darka turned into the shape of a female Mithra, "You might be the strrongest of us, but you know I don't like your sarrrcasm Gray."

"Be as it may we still need to find Shiir and Altrage," Gray replied, "And Guih what did you learn of our dear brother's past?"

"Let me show you," Guih said with the lift of his hand the group appeared in a world that appeared blurred. The sky was purple and blue with spots of pink. Flashes of lightning flickered in the distance but all was blurred as if looking through fogged glass. Yellow and white flowers dotted the green grass as they stood near what appeared to be Leremeiu Lagoon. Blurry dots of black and white floated below in the Lagoon most likely some kind of avian but it was too blurred to see. Sitting with their feet over the edge of the small cliff was Altrage and Darka.

She too appeared blurred but her features made her an obvious choice. Altrage on the other hand was the only thing that was not blurry in appearance. He was in some light clothing, Darka leaning up against him; he tossed a small pebble below to the water. Another flash of lightning and the two were sharing a picnic lunch in the same location. Another flash of lightning and Altrage was laying with his head on her stomach as they laid staring at the sky. Another flash and he was chasing after a hat that was loosed by a strong gust of wind while she laughed at his attempts to recover the item. And then a final flash and they were all back in the room.

"There is more if you wish to see it," Guih said, "it appears she is the only thing that he can remember."

"Well we know that he loved her," Gray said out loud, "Is there anything else we could use?"

"I cannot read a past which one does not remember," Guih replied in earnest, "That is the flaw I suffer from. Just as Frinell cannot turn into someone she has not met."

"Shut up," Frinell snapped, "We all have ourrr faults and Shiir was too brrrash, the !@#$%& is probably dead by now."

"Watch your tongue Frinell lest you wish to lose it," warned another female in the room who had been silent until now, "Shiir was like a sister to me, and if she be dead..."

"Then what," Frinell quipped, "You gonna go avenge herrr?"

"That sounds like a decent plan," Gray said with a smile, "How about about the two of you take that hulking Galka, Himit, to investigate on Shiir's where abouts?"

"I don't want to do anything with that wrretch," Frinell said putting her back to the other female and raising her tail in defiance.

"Don't anger me Frinell," warned Gray, "I'm the leader of this group and what I say goes. You will go with Himit and Isabell to find out what Shiir is up to. Then you will come right back here and report. We need Altrage alive and in one piece. Darka's last words listed him as the key to everything."

====

The group was moving on towards Goug in spite of being exhausted from the previous battle with Shiir. Altrage supposed it was for the best as he carried up the rear of the caravan. He noticed Linear failing at patching up his duster and chuckled quietly at the thought of a Dragoon who wields a very large needle so to speak to be so inapt and using a miniature version of his weapon of choice. He looked around and saw Hobb conversing with the ever chatty Monti a little further up. Unryu was hidden in the sky above keeping a close eye on the path ahead.

He couldn't shake the thought of seeing Darka, and to see her working with Shiir's group. And who were the others there? They most likely were all bearers of the forbidden magic no doubt, but what was their aim. Shiir seemed to show interest in Rainwhisker as well which seemed quite odd and out of place. Too many questions floated in his head and without answers he grew angry. Altrage clutched his fists and let out a yell of frustration.

"I'm sorry," he apologized after a moment. He noticed that some people had turned to see what the matter was. Still Goug was growing closer with every step, maybe with some fresh and much needed rest the Dragoon would be feeling better in the morning.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Blog: View Blog (7)
World: Shiva
Title: Pursuer of the Truth
Jobs: DRG + COR + SCH

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:47 pm

The elevator came to a stop and Locke stepped off into a long hallway. He slowly walked down the hall, each door opening as he approached it. The lights that adorned the cermet hallway casted an eerie red glow along the walls. As Locke approached the last door he readied himself for whatever may lay beyond it. The door opened and Locke dashed into the room. This was the control center of the entire island, a giant crystal generated massive amounts of power to keep the facilities running. Every groundskeeper, every sprinkler, every automated security device in Tu'Lia was given power from this crystal. It was also receiving power from the crystal inside Delkfutt's Tower to stabalize it and keep it afloat. This room, like every other one in the abandoned crag, was empty.

Locke sighed as he sheathed his sword. The Celestial Nexus was thought to be the Gates to Paradise, but it was just another display of the Zilarts' mad quest. Locke took one last look around the room, taking note that there were signs of a struggle that had probably occured a couple years before. Broken Zilartian technology, burn marks along the floor and wall. There had been a devestating fight here, probably one that decided the fate of the world. Maybe it had something to do with the missing Duke of Jeuno and his younger brother. Volt'aire had said something about the two being Zilarts after all.

Locke left the Celestial Nexus and boarded the elevator once more. The device brought him to another room with a spiral staircase which he slowly ascended. He pulled out his crimson linkpearl and tapped it a couple times.

"It was empty," he said aloud as he reached the top of the staircase, "no sign of him anywhere."

"Maybe we've beaten him here," Eris said over the linkpearl. She was standing in the Shrine of Ru'Avitau, in the direct center chamber, staring at a runic symbol on the floor with indentations branching out in the four cardinal directions.

"I don't think that's the case," Locke's voice came through the linkpearl. Eris left the markings, a mysterious whisper in the air behind her, and made her way to the teleportation device on the far side of the room. "We've given him far too much time already. He's either here or we went to the wrong place."

"This is not the only place of power on Vana'diel." Eris stepped off of a platform and out into the main room of the Shrine. There was a fountain in the center, damage by fallen debris that must have occured when the island rose from the ground. Possessed weapons skirted out of her way as she strode towards the exit. "The Shadow Lord's Throne Room, Delkfutt's Tower, the Celestial Nexus, the Full Moon Fountain... just to name a few here in the Middle Lands..."

"And then there are places of power that do not exist on this plane of reality," Volt'aire's voice came through the pearl.

---

He shoo'ed away a moogle that had been trying to get into the treasure coffer at his feet and pulled his hat down tighter. "Places like the depths of Promyvion, where the Emptiness resides, Apollyon and Temenos, the region known as Lumoria.... and Al'Taieu which may or may not be the Paradise we Zilart have been searching for all along." Volt'aire sighed. "To my understanding, the Blue Soul needs a large power source to activate upon completion. The Celestial Nexus makes sense. The energy from the Mother Crystals flows along the Crystal Line to Delkfutt's Tower which then sends the energy to the crystal within Tu'Lia. If that energy were redirected to the Blue Soul..."

"But why?" Rosalyn asked.

---

She had pulled out her linkpearl when Locke began his transmission earlier. They were nearing Goug, their destination before their final confrontation with Germaine. "Doesn't the Blue Soul gain it's power from the million souls it has to absorb? Why would it need more power from the Crystal Line to start? And if that's the case, what are the one million souls for?"

There was silence for a moment. "I don't know," Volt'aire answered. "And hopefully we don't have to find out."

Rosalyn nodded and looked to each of her companions. Would they be enough to defeat Germaine, and the strange group after Altrage as well? She let out a little sigh and reminded herself to take things one at a time. "We're coming down to the wire then, I guess. Ok, lets hurry up with our business in Goug and finish this."

---

Deep within the depths of Tu'Lia, within the crystal chamber known as the Celestial Nexus, a shadow began to move and take shape. It grew and billowed out like wings until the shadows receded and Germaine stepped purposefully towards the control panels in front of the large glowing crystal. He flapped his wings as he leaped and landed on a small floating platform with many buttons and displays. He pulled out the Blue Soul and set the sphere down on the panel. It radiated a deep blue hue that seemed to absorb the light from the crystal. Germaine began clicking away at the panel as he went about his work. "Soon...." he said aloud, "We are so close... soon we shall reach Paradise... Al'Hazard..."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Mogwai was silent for most of the trip from the ice forest. She hadn't meant to argue, least of all with Aeric. The man had indeed saved her life after all. She had taken up a seat by Urthdigger, and was able to watch Maxwell flirting with Micro. Just what was he trying to pull there, acting like he cared about her? It was a little disturbing thinking about possible motives, but the moogle didn't say anything, and just kept her eyes on the road.

The clockwork city of Goug. Once upon a time, the moogles realized they could advance their technology a lot faster by having all their brightest minds in one place, so ideas could be bounced off each other faster. Thus was Goug born, a city filled with machinists and engineers, and the buildings that reflected their mindset. Cogs, gears, wheels, pistons, and other bits of machinery made up a good deal of the buildings, even in places it wouldn't make sense. As the group entered, they could hear the whistling of steam and the steady clank of machinery working away. It was a steampunk paradise.

Mogwai took care of signing off the goods, receiving some gil to distribute amongst the party for their help, though she declined to carry back Kulinka's return payment, leaving it for whoever next came along. They only took the caravan because of what Kupelaire had said: Once they got what they came for, she planned on having the group warped back to the middlelands posthaste.

The team wasted no time in heading for the department of weapon's development.
"Excuse me, is Mid here?" asked Urthdigger of a moogle who was working on keeping the various guns and cannons clean.
"Who wants to know?" he replied.
"We're a bunch of adventurers who need his help to save the world."
"Hah, you speak as if it's an urgent matter. The world's always on the brink of destruction, and adventurers are always working to fix it." he said, turning his attention to checking his goggles.
"We were sent by Kupelaire, and we were hoping to at least talk to him seeing as we did a small favor for Goug bringing some supplies here."
"Aye, well you'll get your favor of talking to him. You already have. I'm Mid, what do you need?"
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Aeric on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Mid wrote:I'm Mid, what do you need?"

Aeric steps up.

"We were told you could help us..." The Red Mage presents the crystals collected from the Quadav. "We need to create a weapon from these..."

Aeric explains the events that lead the group to Mid.

"So, Can you help us or not?"
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby urthdigger on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:45 am

"I'd love to help you, honestly kupo. I've been interested in a way to use concentrated emptiness- Magicite that is, in a weapon. Unfortunately it's corrupting effects are much too wild to be contained. I've asked the MHMU to keep an eye out for any rare materials that might work."
"I don't suppose this would help?" said Mogwai, bringing forth the chalice containing the myrrh.
"I'm not sure, kupo. It looks delicious, whatever it is. Where did you find this?"
Mogwai explained how they had gone to the frozen forest under Kupelaire's request, and found a single tree that was not only untouched by the petrification, but had a circle of green grass around it. The liquid was the dew that regularly dropped from the tree.
"This... this is myrrh! I'd heard rumors that there was a myrrh tree, but I never thought it actually existed!"
"Kupelaire told us you had specifically been asking for people to collect the dew from that tree, kupo... oh, I see what happened." said Mogwai, a bit alarmed.

She explained to the others "Dom Kupelaire used to be quite sane. However, he was always interested in improving the rituals we use to help adventurers, kupo. This led to him attempting to undergo the adventurer system himself, to get a better view of it. Always the risk taker though, he had the moogle performing the ritual tweak it so it would attempt to augment all his aspects at once. The result... is what we saw in that room, kupo. He has every aspect of his personality at full blast, causing him to both adore and hate everyone at the same time... although usually his benevolence is stronger than has malevolence. Now, how that affects us is it's rumored his madness whispers secrets to him: This isn't the first time he's made a request of someone that made no sense at the time, but turned out to be just the thing that was needed. Now, Mid: Just what is this Myrrh?"
"Myrrh is otherwise known as the water of life. The effects it had on the land do more to support the claim that this water is Myrrh than it's appearance does. Anyway, in the oldest legends Myrrh trees were considered holy objects, full of life and untouchable by evil, and that the water that fell from it's leaves had the same properties. Now, since the Emptiness is commonly considered an evil force, it's possible that it too is repelled by Myrrh. So, if we infused some metal with Myrrh, it would be able to contain, focus, and direct the energy this magicite gives off!"
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Aeric on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:04 am

"Wow..." Aeric said, a bit taken back.

The Red Mage appreciated receiving the insight to Dom Kupelaires strange personality. He initially wanted to entertain himself with a few different theories that could lead to such eccentricity but was too caught up in recent events to be allowed the pleasure. And with that matter mentally resolved, the Red Mage went on to the next order of business.

"So this Myrrh..." Aeric continued "I'm assuming from your dialouge; it might work... but only in theory?"

The Red Mage places his hand on his chin for a moment.

"Regardless... we have no time to waste." Aeric says turning to Urthdigger and the group. "If you guys don't mind, I'd like to be responcible for the weapon. I mean, it was my idea and... well, if it backfires... I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you guys."

Aeric frowns for a moment before raising a finger.

"Well... maybe not Altrage... but def any of you other guys. Possibly Maxwell too." Aeric says nodding trying to smile.

The Red Mage suddenly turns a stern face over to Mid.

"We have no time to waste, Mid. Get to work on that weapon. As for the rest of us... we need to lay out a battle plan. This could be the last time any of us get to talk again..."
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 am

Altrage staggered at the Red Mage's comment towards him. This Red Mage holds a grudge better than Shantotto herself... He thought to himself as he listened to Mid talk about the Myrrh.

"While you all speak of stuff and nonsense, I'll be at the tavern winding down," Altrage said, "After all I could use a nice warm glass of San d'Orian Rum to warm over these chilled bones. Good day, sirrahs." Altrage made his exit towards the bar.

"I'll be with him," Hobb stated, "Mainly to make sure he stays out of trouble."

"I'll stay here and get all the juicy details for you you you kupo," Monti said with a twirl to Hobb.

"Thanks Monti," Hobb replied with a smile, "Come find us when you are down."

"Kupo!" the Moogle said in acknowledgement.

Meanwhile Altrage had made his way to the tavern where upon entering he saw a couple of oddly placed adventurers. Didn't think this was a hot spot for adventurers, oh well to each there own. He thought as he took a seat at the bartop. He ordered a shot of rum straight up and took it. Then ordered one on the rocks to sip. Soon after Hobb entered the tavern. He looked around and noticed the odd bunch, but he remembered them from somewhere.

"Hey, you were the guys at Bastok were you not?" Hobb said approaching them, "Fancy running into you again. Oh my, I'm sorry. My name is Hobb Hollins, I am the Bard that was playing the melody on the roof of the Auction House in Bastok. What brings you here?"

((Hobb is refering to Resha and V))

===

In the cover of the snow the trio searched high and low for Shiir in the ice forest to no avail.

"Any signs of her, Himit? How about you, Frinell?" Isabell asked over their linkshell.

"Nothing," Himit replied. There was silence as Isabell waited for Frinell to report.

"Frinell? What about you? Any signs of Shiir?" Isabell asked through the pearl, "We know she was last in this forest before her projection suddenly disappeared."

"Shut up !@#$%&," Frinell snapped, "I know exactly wherrre she was when she disappearred. It looks like a big battle happened over herrre though. A crrrater the size of fourrr orr five Garrrkas, charred trrees and morrre. Should come overr herre and see."

"On our way," Isabell said and made her way over the battlefield.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Postby urthdigger on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 am

"Alright, I'll just set the mythril ore into the smelter to get it ready for the molder." said Mid "In the meantime, you can go prep the infusion chamber, kupo. The upper chamber is where we'll keep the liquid compound, the myrrh in this case, and the wheel just below it will control the flow to the molten mythril. Now, I want you to turn it to 40 clicks, and in the meantime I'll show you the mold's we'll use to craft the various parts of your gun. We'll be using the Sol model as a base, kupo, though we'll expand the chamber to allow the magicite to fit..."

He went on for some time, explaining the process as he guided Aeric through what to do. It was surprisingly automated for the most part, once they got everything set up initially. Unfortunately they reached a stage where the metal needed to cool before final assembly. Aeric was dismissed at this point, since it required precision work in close proximity to the magicite, and thus only beastmen could work on it... in this case, Mid and his assistants.

----

Maxwell could fee the animosity aimed at him from the moment he stepped into Goug. He hung close to Microcuts as the group went to see Mid, and now that they had to stay in town for the night, he needed a way for this to not turn ugly.

"Micro, do you mind if I sleep with you tonight? I don't really feel safe here by myself." asked the Moogle.

"Hmm? Oh, surely." she replied, having realized Maxwell's situation.

The two had gotten a room in the local inn, Maxwell leaving Micro's side as she conducted the transaction, only joining up with her again when the deal had been made. Maxwell locked the door as soon as they were inside, and took off his armor and weapons.

"Ahh, it's nice to not need these for once, kupo." he exclaimed.

"It certainly is." she agreed as she rummaged through her bag for her street clothes. Maxwell walked up behind Micro and gave her a hug, wrapping his arms around her waist...and started to undo her pants buttons.

"W-what are you doing?!" stammered Micro, stepping away from the Moogle.

"Well, I asked if I could sleep with you and you said sure, kupo." chucked Maxwell.

"That's not what I meant, and you know it!" she said indignantly.

"Fine, fine," said Maxwell, backing up away from her, "But I have to ask: why not? You find me attractive and cute enough the snuggle with every night."

"Well...yeah, I do, but it's not quite like that..."

"Still, you find me aesthetically pleasing. Nice to look at. That's enough reason for most people, kupo."

"For people...you're a Moogle! That's completely different!"

"...you say that as if it were such a bad thing, kupo!" now it was Maxwell's turn to be indignant.

"I- Sorry...I didn't mean it like that, just... you're a different species. It's just too...weird for me."

Maxwell chuckled. "Weird? Listen, normal gets boring, and weird can be exciting. After all, you can only find the things you like by giving the weird a chance."

"E-either way, the way the others react to you, I'm not sure if-"

"My reputation is well deserved, I will not deny it," Maxwell cut her off, "but they do not know the whole story. Believe me, I do the things I do for the noblest of intentions. In fact, I think I'll tell you once we finish."

"When we... I haven't agreed to anything yet!"

"No, but do you have any more reasons to say 'no'?"

Micro disliked the situation she was in. Her heart was racing, and as words of conflict and temptation stormed up in her mind, her eyes watered up a little. She tried to think of a proper reply, but every reason she could think of just didn't hold water.

"It's my first time, so..." she whispered sheepishly as her face fired up like Ifrit's Cauldron.

"Now now, don't talk like that. I'm sure you'll have fun, kupo." said the Moogle with a sly grin.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby RosalynSable on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:00 pm

OMEGA_HACK wrote:"Hey, you were the guys at Bastok were you not?" Hobb said approaching them, "Fancy running into you again. Oh my, I'm sorry. My name is Hobb Hollins, I am the Bard that was playing the melody on the roof of the Auction House in Bastok. What brings you here?"

Volt'aire looked up at the Bard nodded. "Yes, we were in Bastok just the other day. You'll have to forgive us, you seem to know us but we do not know you."

Resha traced her fingers over the wooden table, leaving little scorch marks wherever she touched. "I think he just admitted to spying on us," she said smartly after leaving a burnt ferrule in the wood.

"That dragoon you came in shortly after," Volt'aire said, motioning to the bar, "wouldn't happen to be the long lost bastard son of the King of San d'Oria would he?" Volt'aire smiled at the Bard for a few long seconds.

"He asks that of every Elvaan he meets, really," Resha said nonchallantly. "Sort of his hobby, looking at lineage's and stuff."

The Zilart looked at his companion. "Ok, now you took the joke too far."

"What?"

"No one's going to believe that for a minute that I'm a bloody-" Volt'aire interrupted himself by putting down his crimson linkpearl, "I'm with Rosalyn, I've heard all of your activities through her pearl since you two joined up with them. So why not have your Pirate King come sit down with us for a moment and we'll discuss a few things." He lugged the treasure casket up onto the table, dropping it down with a heavy slam. "Afta'll," he said with an accent, "Oi've got ah box of treasure, good sirrah."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:21 am

Altrage overheard the conversation Hobb was having with Volt'aire; honestly getting a little steamed up from this new comers choice of words and taunts. The four empty glasses that sat on the bar top also contributed to his fluster. He stood up as Volt'aire performed a mock accent of the former Pirate Captain. He drew Gungnir and leaped onto the table holding the blunt end of the weapon under Volt'aire's chin. He lifted the mysterious person's head towards his with Gungnir and spoke.

"Yes I am the bastard son of King Destin, good sirrah," Altrage stated with much confidence, "And I suggest you watch your tongue lest you wish to lose it."

"Altrage calm yourself coz," Hobb said placing his hand on the Dragoon's ankle. Volt'aire just smiled away as if this was not phasing him at all, of course this man's indifference to the situation made Altrage even more angry.

"It was all in good jester," Hobb reminded the hot headed Elvaan, "Sit and let us hear what this man has to say. After all he said he knows Rosalyn and the others. I assume they are on our side." After a moment Altrage withdrew his weapon and grumbled; he took a seat next to Hobb.

"So whut be in'tha chest matey?" Altrage asked.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:49 am

Rainwhisker was more or less absent-minded throughout the walk through Goug and Raa Laka, similar to the last town also gathered quite a bit of attention from the inhabitants. As Mid explained the process, the Deathclaw slid back on a pipe and sat. The Yagudo drew near and asked him quietly.

"Why the tired expression?" his voice was silent and barely heard amidst Mid's voice.

Blankly Rainwhisker looked up, yawning. "I don't know. I feel kinda tired from the fight at the forest."

If I could even remember what happened...

"Maybe you should rest." The yagudo finally suggested. His eyes looked upon the black-furred tiger with a hint of empathy -- a rare thing to see indeed. Rainwhisker nodded and got up.

"Right. I'll head to the inn."

---
The Deathclaw entered the tavern, only to notice Resha and Volt'aire sitting with Altrage and Hobb. Preferring not to be seen at the moment, he quietly asked the innkeeper for a room. The Moogle raised an eyebrow at him, confused at the strange creature asking for a room, but as he showed him the coin, the Moogle only obliged with a kupo.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby urthdigger on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Maxwell laid with Micro, his arms wrapped around her.
"I'm glad you can put some trust in me... that really means something to me, honest. I said I'd tell you why I have the reputation I do... and I don't believe my reasons truly absolve me of my crimes, but it's still my reason. You're aware of the relationships between moogles and adventurers, how they maintain a role of servitude, and play the fool acting like imbeciles? Well, that's all a ruse they invented to make your people trust them. Oh, don't get me wrong, they are working with you, that's no lie. But in order to get the allied races to trust beastmen enough to work with them, they had to make themselves seem as harmless as possible. They traded away their dignity, their honor, and betrayed their kinsmen, all on a hunch that the allied races would be the victors. Given the sorry state of how moogles are viewed by both sides... it would have been better to have been with the losers. The other renegades and I, we've worked hard to get our respect back from our fellow beastmen. They treat us as equals. And part of me hopes that if the allied races become weakened, the rest of the moogles will come back to their rightful place. And so, that's why I do the things I do: To bring respect back to my people.

---

Mogwai and Urthdigger left Mid and Aeric, heading over to the tavern with the others.
"I do hope that gun works..." commented the galka
"It has to, it's the only idea we've got." said Mogwai, looking around the tavern "Heh, there's Altrage. He doesn't look happy."
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing