FFXI PbP: Chapter 6

Re: FFXI PbP: Chapter 6

Postby urthdigger on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 am

Urthdigger stepped willfully into Germaine's path and adjusted his stance "So, it seems you have a few more tricks up your sleeve. No matter." The galka made a wrenching motion with his fists, the darksteel bracers shackling his hands snapping in two. As Germaine swung his sword, Urth quickly brought his hands up and clasped them around the blade, stopping it in it's tracks before delivering another fierce kick.

Meanwhile, both Maxwel and Mogwai took advantage of Germaine's temporary lack of movement to fire at him, draining him and showering him with daylight.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 am

The Deathclaw landed on the ground, glaring at Germaine. He was weakening, that was certain. And becoming desperate. He smirked. Like cornered prey, the demon was fighting back. Rain lifted one clawed arm, and felt the most wonderful essence that seeped from Germaine. He was no longer intimidated. No, he wasn't even fazed, in fact the thought only brought him strength, knowing that soon, his power could be his. "This is my strength," he said, his eyes narrowed and his ears flattened against his head. "And soon, yours too, shall be mine...as soon as your voice is silenced," he whispered sharply, before roaring, taking advantage of the kick that Urth had given and driving a sharp claw at his torso.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:52 pm

Germaine took the series of blows, stumbling backward and dropping his weapons. The two swords shattered and dispersed as they clattered to the ground. Germaine howled with rage and lashed outward with a blast of magic that knocked everyone back. He then began to cast a large spell again.

((Germaine's HP: 69%. Regen status: Low))

---

Rosalyn bent over, resting her hands on her knees. She breathed heavy, ragged breaths and coughed blood onto the white landscape at her feet. Before her lay the massive body of Shinryuu, his gargantuan head a few yalms away. The fight was ugly and long but Rosalyn finally came out the victor. Erlene came out from hiding and approached Rosalyn. The mithra turned to wave weakly, smiling underneath the veil of her keffiyeh. Shinryuu then opened his gaping maw and swallowed Rosalyn whole.

---

Volt'aire's face went pale. He shook Rosalyn's body, trying to wake her. He checked her vitals and cursed under his breath. Unable to heal the wound, he watched as the life was expelled from his friend. Volt'aire let out a long, shallow breath as he stood. He held out his hand and materialized his scythe constructed from Ultima. After stepping out from behind the pillar he could see that the group had just been knocked back by a blast of magic and Germaine was beginning to cast a large spell. Volt'aire gripped his weapon tightly and ran straight for the demon.

"Wire Cutter!" he shouted as he swung the scythe in a great upheaval. Two cuts raced across the ground and slashed across Germaine's body. He staggered for a moment but continued casting his spell. Volt'aire continued his mad run toward Germaine, raising his weapon up once more for another attack.

Darkness swirled up from the ground between the two and Volt'aire nearly tripped in an attempt to stop. The dark cloud spread outward and a sword flew out of it and landed at Germaine's feet, sheathing itself into the ground. "Nuclear Waste." the blade emitted a noxious cloud that enveloped itself around Germaine. The dark cloud bent and solidified, finally taking shape as a badly injured Locke. The swordsman held up his hand, facing it toward Germaine. Six orbs of light, each colored the same as an element, appeared around him and began to rotate. They spun rapidly and stopped suddenly, the purple orb in front of Locke's outstretched hand. "High-Tension Discharger!" The orb erupted into a blast of frenzied lightning that lashed through the air around Germaine and set off a massive Light skillchain in the air.

Germaine was unable to move for a moment, stunned by the lightning. With the free moment, Locke retrieved his blade and he and the Zilart joined the remainder of the group.

((Germaine's HP: 54%. Regen Status: Low))
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby urthdigger on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 am

Mogwai bristled at Valkyr's comment "You make any part of that bastard part of you, and I swear to the gods I will shoot you to death on principle."

On a whim, she scanned him to see what she could use against him if worse came to worse. She worried that if he did absorb Germaine's soul, that it might corrupt him and she'd be forced to kill him. She almost recoiled from what she sensed. The seal that was placed on his blue magic had been utterly shattered... and she could sense something... else, beyond it. Was it possible... that something had already corrupted him?

"Valkyr... when we finish, you and I have to talk."
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Linear on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:13 pm

"!@#$%&... He nearly cut off my arm..." Linear muttered as he recovered from Germaines 'Snicker-Snack'. The light show was rather spectacular and it managed to stun the bastard. He kicked off a pillar and shot towards the demon like a bullet. He reversed himself in the air. "Impulse Drive!" he roared, and slammed the back spike into Germaines throat, visciously ripping it and and driving the forward blade into his guts as he spun. He kicked him off the blade and backed up a few steps and readied himself to block anything Germine threw at him. He was tired of being slammed across the room.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Germaine staggered backwards after the Dragoon's vicious attack. His wounds healed slowly, the only thing preventing his head to drop loose from his body after being impaled. He was growing angry and desperate. The adventurers were managing to over power him and things were taking a turn for the worse.

Germaine held his hand to the air and summoned the Blue Soul to him. The dark blue gem shined with radiant light from the one million souls it posessed and the energy it had stolen from the floating island. Germaine casted his other hand outward and bound the group of adventurers with a mighty spell.

"You will all perish now! This is the end for you all!" Germaine taunted before he began to cast one last spell.

There was a long drawn out moment as the adventurers could do nothing but watch. Then, the air nearby them began to shimmer as if something unseeable had ran past. There was an audible crack and Germaine's casting stopped short. A small fracture traced along the side of the Blue Soul.

"Ultimate Blue Magic: Goblin Punch!" Rosalyn appeared out of thin air, her mirage mantle flowing behind her as she soared toward Germaine. She reached back her right arm and swung as hard as she could...

Germaine quickly sidestepped and Rosalyn slammed into the ground and rolled ungracefully a few times before flinging back up to her feet.

"What did you do to my Blue Soul!?" Germaine shouted as he inspected the crack.

"I'm guessing it couldn't handle that last soul it gobbled up," Rosalyn remarked. She casted a spell that removed the bind from her friends and pointed Concordia at Germaine. "It's time to finish this."

"Rosalyn!" Volt'aire shouted. "Catch!" he just finished pulling his arm from his hat, removing an object bound in fabric, and tossed it to the Mithra. She deftly caught the object by its wrapping and flung it into the air, removing the fabric in a swift flick of her wrist. The sword that had been bound was a construct at the hight of Zilartian technology. Where Concordia appeared to be made of angelic flesh, this new blade was made of devilish metal.

Rosalyn caught the blade and flourished it quickly, the form of the weapon changing rapidly into another weapon in her very hand. Rosalyn held the once sword now gun and looked at it with dumbstruck awe. "What the hell is this supposed to be?" she shouted to the Zilart.

"I'll explain later, let's just go!" Volt'aire raised up his scythe and lead a charge toward Germaine.

The demon, now growling with rage, struck out at Rosalyn with his bare hands. The air itself seemed to reach and claw towards her, but she parried the strikes with Concordia and countered by firing the gun at point blank range before it quickly shifted back into a blade.

This one is strong... wouldn't you agree, Ultima? a voice whispered in Rosalyn's head.
Strong indeed. I can feel the power of the ancient dragon on her, Omega. another voice whispered in kind.
Perhaps this is the one we have been waiting for.
Then let us begin. Take this: it will be invaluable in your fights to come.
And this as well. This gift, I give to you...

((Rosalyn recieves 300% TP, gains "Pod Ejection" and "Citadel Buster"))
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 am

The Deathclaw only glared at Mogwai as he leaped backwards, skidding beside her. "He shall know what it feels to be under my heel." a wave of fire enveloped him, bringing with it a fierce radiance. "Talk will have to wait." he looked at St. Germaine, who had just flung Linear away after a painful strike. He smirked, tasting victory with each ragged breath that Germaine took, desperately readying another spell. "He will trouble Vana'diel no longer!"

Rosalyn appeared just then, fiercely attacking the devil with a powerful spell. The Deathclaw was amused, but he saw this moment to strike -- no, just wait a while longer...

The Mithra was handed a blade from Voltaire, and parried an attack from the dying demon. Rosalyn's sword transformed into a gun and fired towards St. Germaine's chest. The chance had arrived.

Roaring, the Deathclaw rushed in, claws and fangs bared. He struck, several flaming claws raking Germaine from behind, before he quickly stepped to his side, then lunging and tearing past his prey, searing flesh. By the time the Deathclaw had passed the demon, he rolled and gathered intense magma into his arms, and unleashing it onto Germaine, creating a large explosion of flames.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Rosalyn staggered away from Germaine as Valkyr rushed in and attacked him with furious blows.

Recompiling data... Omega's voice droned in her head quietly.

"Ugh, do that some other time!" Rosalyn shouted, but her words could not be heard over the explosion that Valkyr had created. After the hellfire cleared Germaine was no longer there. Rosalyn looked around, expecting an attack from any direction.

The sound of metal hitting the ground was almost enough to make Rosalyn jump, but its origin was more surprising. Valkyr's claw weapon had fallen apart and the metal degredated into nothing but a fine sand. Linear's polearm was the next to go.

"What's happening?" Rosalyn asked.

"It looks like we're putting too much strain on the weapons," Volt'aire replied. "Biotechnological parts are hard to work with and in small structures such as these many of the self repairing properties have to be abandoned."

Rosalyn sighed. Despite the Zilart's answer she was beginning to worry about just what the side effects of the weapons he created could be. She didn't have much time to worry, however. Germaine had just reappeared out of the shadows limping and injured heavily.

"I have had enough of these games," the demon said quietly. "It is time to open the Gates to Paradise! I will go to Al'Hazard!" Germaine raised his hand to the air and the Blue Soul gripped tightly in his fist released a shockwave of energy. The very fabric of time and space began to distort around him as a slice in reality appeared, slowly at first, and widened outward into a doorway.

Though her view was not clear due to the powerful winds she was struggling against, Rosalyn could barely see some world through the gateway. High towers made of metal and glass shimmering in the glow of an orange sunset. No such structures existed in Vana'diel. Whatever this paradise was that Germaine had sought was not a part of this world.

"Behold! Al'Hazard! There once lived an ancient civilization that was more advanced than any on this pitiful planet! They grew so advanced that their creations lead to their own demise! Ancient machinery and magic of unknown potential, lost to the ages, and it will all be mine!" As Germaine yelled and howled the doorway opened up larger and the winds grew stronger. Rosalyn found herself being pushed back a few ilms by it and had to grab onto a nearby pillar to resist it. "And once I collect it all, I will march on this world and every other with my army of immortal souls! I will lay waste to the universe and all shall know my glory, and all shall know disp-"

Germaine's words were cut short as an arc of energy lanced outward from the Blue Soul and to the edges of the portal. The fracture along the surface of the gem increased in size and depth and a red haze began to fill the air.

"This isn't possible!" Germaine screamed. "This soul, it is not human! It is...!"

As the winds reached their peak of strength the image of a young boy appeared. His long red hair was motionless in the storm, it was as if he really wasn't there. He opened his cold, silver colored eyes and looked straight at Rosalyn. "I have done what I could," he said quietly, but his voice could still be heard over the tempest. "One million souls, once thought to be lost forever, now rising up against the force that binds them. The Blue Soul will not last much longer. But it cannot be destroyed from the inside. Consider this my last act of intervention."

There was another large shockwave and the image of Shinryuu was gone. The gateway slammed shut and the resulting force knocked Rosalyn and the rest of the group clear off their feet. Rosalyn stood up slowly from the pile they had all landed in, her keffiyeh had been blown clear off her head by the last blast. She sorely moved her red bangs from in front of her eyes and decided it wasn't the right time to try and fix her hair. Something in the back of her mind said something wasn't right, but the immediate danger at hand quieted the little voice. As her friends climbed back to their feet, Rosalyn noticed that the rest of the biotech weapons had been destroyed, all save for the one in her hand.

Compressing data... Ultima's voice droned in the back of her head. Rosalyn shook it away and looked up to see St.Germaine.

He was still standing where he had been, clutching the broken Blue Soul in his hand still. "No..... I was so close.... so close to Paradise..." his attention shifted to the adventurers. "You will all pay for what you have done!" St.Germaine raised the Blue Soul into the air, and then slammed it into his chest. Sparks of energy lances around him and he collapsed to his knees as the energy consumed him. The ground began to shake and millenia of dust fell around them.

"This isn't good," Volt'aire said with a wince, "He's drained a large portion of the energy from the crystal below us. I don't think the island will be staying afloat much longer."

"I think we've got worse things to worry about right now," Locke commented, "The island can fall all it wants, no nevermind to us. Won't matter if we're dead before it hits the ground."

"I agree," Rosalyn said solemnly.

St.Germaine's body began to convulse and his back arced sickeningly, far beyond any body should bend. He let out a deathly scream and his body stretched and wrapped in around itself. The blue glow from the gem let out a flash and a black mass erupted upward. Rosalyn caught a glimpse of something large and feathered as it slammed through the roof and out into the clear day sky.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:45 pm

"I... I'm going after him. I'll try to stall him or something. Hell, if whatever that thing is continues to fly, I'll try to clip it's wings." He gave a feebl smile. He wasn't in a good condition. 'I've got my ace though. Germaine's not the only one that can change.' "See you on the other side." And he leapt, Valkyrie's Fork at the ready.
Linear
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Valkyr looked up, his paws cut in some places after the weapon shattered. He dusted off remaining bits and watched Germaine fly off. He narrowed his eyes and watched the hole in the roof. He looked at everyone's condition, and summoned a healing breeze to recover and seal their injuries, before looking along the walls, then the debris, then the roof. He made a guttural growl. "We can't let him escape - cornered as he is, he may do something desperate. Let's go!" he said, looking at a brief massive figure flying by through the hole in the roof.

"Can't let you do that, Germaine!" he said, jumping upwards, fur sparking into flames turning around and firing a strong force -- a canon like attack pushing him further up and through the hole, leaving a crack on the ground. He flipped as he reached the roof, and dug his claws into the cermet as he skidded, making a screeching sound as his claws failed to dig into it. He summoned strands of filament to grab ahold of a pole jutting out of the structure's corners and used it to reel him closer. He got a hold of himself and regained his footing, and looked up, seeing Linear and something else.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Mogwai flew up into the light of the setting sun, with Kupachi flying after. Maxwel started to follow, but took a look at Urthdigger and sighed. "Ok big boy, let's go after him, kupo." he said, wrapping an arm around the galka and jumping straight up and out of the hole, carrying his surprised load with him.

He unsheathed his greatsword from his back and held it towards Germaine "Light... darkness... what's it all mean? I'm called "dark" but I merely have no qualms using force to get what I need and have no sympathy for the weak. I may not agree with the reasons for why these others are fighting you... I'm here to save my own hide rather than save the world, but I'll kick your ass all the same, kupo!"

With that, he charged towards Germaine to strike
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:21 pm

Volt'aire let out a curse as a portion of the group exited through the hole in the cieling. "Impatient people..." he sighed, and then began casting an Escape spell on the rest of the party. The magic wrapped around them and in an instant they were back outside the palace by the entrance. Before they could move any further Resha ran up to Volt'aire.

"Before you get angry, I tried to stop them but they wouldn't listen to me," she said quickly.

"Tried to stop who?" Volt'aire asked, looking past her.

"The Armathrwm Society," a new voice said. A woman with blonde hair and calm eyes in an orange armor approached them. "Once we caught wind of this disaster we saw only one resolution."

"And what's that?" Volt'aire growled. "More shoddy equipment? Did you see what happened after I used that focusing lense you gave me?" Volt'aire pointed to his eye. "Irreversible damage right there."

"Improper usage of equipment will only lead to injury," Esha'ntarl, Duke Vicarious, replied. "And I see that you're resolving this issue wonderfully."

"What are you doing here, woman? This has nothing to do with the Emptiness," Volt'aire lied.

"You can't keep secrets from me. Once we take care of that beast we'll continue our investigation." The Zilart woman raised her hand and a platoon of robed figures came running in. They all looked like perfect copies of eachother.

"Are those my Mammet ZX-9001's? You said they weren't suitable for combat," Volt'aire asked incredulously.

"Excuse me," Rosalyn interjected, "You guys can resume this millenia old bitchfest later, we've got something worse to deal with at the moment." She pointed to the sky and they all followed the direction she indicated and saw the creature that had once been Germaine.

Larger than anything Rosalyn had ever seen, Germaine had transformed into a feathered monstrosity that only vaguely resembled a bird. That it was even capable of flight went against all laws of physics. The eldritch abomination opened its massive beak and let out a blood curdling cry as it swooped downward towards them. The group ducked, but Germaine had managed to snatch up a number of Mammets in its talons and rise back into the air with them. The creature looped in the air, releasing the Zilart dolls from its grip, and swallowed them whole as it came back around. Germaine then made another swoop as it came in for a second pass.

"Somebody better start doing something and fast," Volt'aire commented.

"Black Mage mode! Begin casting!" Esha'ntarl barked to the remaining Mammets. The dolls all began casting in unison a long spell. However, Germaine was closing in on them once more.

"Oh, sweet Altana..." Rosalyn murmered as she shook her head. She rushed out in front of the Mammets and held up her mechanical sword as it transformed into gun form. She awkwardly held it in one hand and took aim at the beast closing in. "I hope this thing holds up better than your other toys," she said to Volt'aire. She gripped the weapon tight and firmly pulled the trigger. "Citadel-" Rosalyn began to shout the name of her weapon skill, as was the tradition in many of these cases, but was cut short as the beam of energy that emenated from the weapon knocked her clear off her feet and into a wall. The lance of light rocketed toward Germaine and clipped the creature's wing, causing it to reel back upward and miss the adventurers.

As it flew by overhead black chunks of flesh and feather dropped around them. They shifted and changed into large mite like creatures that skittered about before descending upon the group.

"Dragoon mode!" Esha'ntarl ordered. "Change targets, rid us of these annoyances!" The remaining Mammets drew spears and began attacking the diremites.

Rosalyn slowly stood up, still clutching the weapon in her hand despite the force it fired with. She took a moment to heal her wounds with a magic fruit and began running in the direction Germaine flew off to.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Linear watched as the bird tore into the mammets. He was still on the shrine, lance embeded into the cermet so he has some foot hold, waiting for his chance. And he saw it. Rosalyn sent it reeling upwards in pain. He shot off the shrine immediately and burried his blade into Germaines back.

"Penta Thrust!" he cried, plunging his lance into Germaines neck, viciously ripping and and sinking the blade in deeper, again and again and again. With a powerful final thrust, the avian demon bucked wildly, forcing him to halt his attack to maintain his position.
Linear
Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Tendrils of black blood and flesh weaved upward from Germaine's wound and gripped onto Linear's polearm tightly as it began pulling the weapon inward, as if the demon's entire body were attempting to consume the Dragoon. After obtaining a firm grip on the lance, Germaine barrel rolled in the air dangerously close to one of the palace pillars. As it drew closer, Germaine flew on his side, leaving the exposed Dragoon on his back hanging on as the pillar rushed towards him.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:24 pm

"Damn!" He swore and jumped off Germaine, narrowly avoiding being smashed. He stood on the ground, weaponless.
Linear
Tough

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing