FFXI PbP: Chapter 6

Re: FFXI PbP: Chapter 6

Postby urthdigger on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:34 am

Maxwel grimaced as the behemoth batted him around. Wielding his greatsword in one paw, he used his buckler to try and prevent some of the damage. "I offer you all a chance at mercy... and you spit it back in my face? Fine then, kupo." He swung his greatsword in a circle, knocking those near him away and downed a potion to heal some of the damage.

At dusk and dawn, the twilight hours of both day and night,
wield the twins Sol and Luna, the power of Carbuncle and Fenrir within
Though darkness and light are often opposed, their greatest strength comes combined...

Mogwai recalled what she read on the instruction manual for her gun and wielded Luna, holding the two guns sideways, one above the other in a gangsta pose "Quit with the smack talk, kupo." she said and fired, the beams from both guns twisting together, forming a dark grey beam that hit the renegade moogle and knocked him to the ground.

Maxwel laid there on the ground, weakly downing another potion to cure himself "Is that... the best you got? I've got more where these came from, kupo."
Back on his feet, he moved in a blur of motion, his greatsword buried through Mogwai "You're really making things difficult for me. Any last words?"
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Linear on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:58 am

"I've got some. FLAME BREATH!" Linear roared. Himmelskralle acted immediately and sank his fangs into Maxwell and unleashed a torrent of fire upon the moogle. "Now, Ice breath!" Himmelskralle bit down on another patch of flesh and froze it within seconds. "Tear." The wyvern bit down hard and ripped flesh away. "They wont be my last though."
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:21 am

Even though he was severely weakened, the magicite didn't completely drain the deathclaw of his powers. He mustered his strength to run with what speed he could, and launched it at the Moogle. "You don't have a chance against all of us at once." he growled, then lunged at Maxwell from behind, claws ready to shred the Moogle. He didn't show much, but he was struggling to maintain his balance. Growling, he made quick, heavy steps backwards, away from Maxwell.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 pm

As everyone focused their attention and attacks toward Maxwel once more, Resha finally mustered up enough strength to toss the black magicite away. It flew through the air toward a nearby ledge, but was about to fall short.

"Kupachi!" Volt'aire shouted to the moogle that had been doing his best to stay out of the way. "Shoot it!"

The moogle in a panic fluttered into the air and leveled his gun. With the weight of the outcome on his shoulders he fired..

...and completely missed. The magicite clattered to the ground, bouncing once... twice... Kupachi went to fire again, only to hear an empty click as his gun jammed.

The black gem, sickeningly pulsating skidded to a stop at the ledge, so close yet so far. They were surely done for now...

And then the magicite bursted into a blue glow. The remaining chunks that had not been obliterated fell off of the island to land who knows where. Some yalms away, Rosalyn staggered to stay at her feet, holding her left arm steady with her right. In her shaky left hand she held the remaining half of the Blue Soul. She clutched it in her fist tightly, grinding it into a dust that blew away on the wind.

"Enough." she said simply. She pointed to the two Zilart. "One of you, go stop this island from falling." her voice was ragged and she was on the verge of collapse. "The rest of you, enough..." she dropped down to her knees and took a moment to recover. "Because if you don't stop fighting I am this close to going all tentacle-chinned and killing you all..." she grimaced. It was a lie, and not a good one at that. She could feel no more intrusions on her soul. The monsters she had slain, the elements she had been born again through. It was all gone, there was nothing inside her except from herself. No dragons or weapons or lost loved ones or even that bastard Schultz' magic. If fighting were to continue she would be as worthless as if she were under the effects of the magicite. And while moogles could in fact discern the truth from lies perhaps at this moment, surrounded by the adventurers regaining their strength and a Behemoth and the idea of a Soulflayer in the mix as well... perhaps Maxwel would make a tactical retreat or work up a bargain. The only other option was death. "So please... enough already."

Esha'ntarl and her remaining detainer of Mammets had already made their leave and entered the palace. If they weren't too late perhaps the island and the land below could be saved.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby urthdigger on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Mogwai chuckled as Maxwel asked for her last words "My master always told me... that there is strength in knowing one's weakness." she said as Maxwel was momentarily distracted by Himel and Valkyr "I always thought it was kinda stupid, kupo... but it makes sense now. Your pride, in thinking you were better than all of us... not being able to see you have weakpoints in your plan that can be exploited. And besides that, there is strength to be had in knowing one's limits, to know when enough power is enough... see, I did not drain all of my master's powers. I left him enough to boost for these past two minutes. And only enough blood that, I believe it should all be dissolved right about now."

Maxwel watched as the Magicite bounced, was fired at, and eventually destroyed as Mogwai wrapped up her words. He looked at her, then turned to look at Urthdigger. The galka was standing now, clad in his pristine artifact armor, wielding a staff, and reeking of goblin mushpot. Maxwel paled a little as he realized just what was next. Urth summoned a ball of pure chi into his hands, lobbed it into the air, and swung his staff at it to bat it at Maxwel. The renegade tried to dodge out of the way, but the orb merely followed his movements, exploding on impact.

"Sorry Rosalyn, my bad." said Urth calmly as Mogwai looked over Maxwel. "Shall we finish him off then?"

"No, kupo." said Mogwai as she bandaged her wound "I'm thinking about what he said earlier... about wanting us to have the respect we deserve, kupo. I don't think that's too unreasonable... and I feel he's the sort of person who, after finding out that the great risk he took was unnecessary, would be quite upset about it..."
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Rosalyn let out a sigh of relief and slumped the rest of the way to the ground. It had been a long arduous journey that was finally coming to an end. She looked over her friends and companions one last time before leaning against a cermet wall and closing her eyes. Nearby, Resha had managed to climb to her feet with the assistance of Volt'aire and the two of them stood close.

"Things seem to be going ok down below," Volt'aire said. "They're attempting to reroute some energy from the systems here back to the core. The security and sprinkler system will no doubt be down for some time," he gestured off to the arcane dolls and pots that patrolled the grand hallway before the entrance to the palace. "And if that doesn't work, they'll force a power surge from the crags. Shouldn't cause anything more than a few pretty light shows back on the ground."

"Well, that's all fine and dandy. Going splat would be a bad ending to a go-oh !@#$%&, look out!" Locke managed to move from his position and past Urthdigger in a fraction of a second, catching Eris' horns in his hands. The Behemoth tried to buck but Locke held fast. "Give me some room!" Locke shouted as he pushed Eris back enough to release his grasp and take a step back. His shadow darted upward over him, covering his skin until his appearance looked much like a Fomor's. Eris charged once more and as she impacted Locke gripped her by the horns once more, and for a split second it appeared as if he had large feathered wings spread wide behind him. He held onto the Behemoth tightly as his shadow slithered from him and wrapped around the beast, entangling it. Eris struggled against the shadow but soon collapsed to the ground. Locke turned his back on her long enough for his shadow to rise upward like a beast itself and wash down over Eris as though it were consuming her. When Locke's shadow receded, Eris remained in her hume form once more. His shadow snaked back into its normal place, and Locke shot a knowing glance at Valkyr.

"Remember what I told you..." he said in the slightest of whispers, then turned to his companion and helped her up onto her feet.

"Did we get him?" she asked groggily.

"Yes, we got him for good," Locke replied as he assisted her to sit beside Rosalyn. "Some men we are, the women-folk are all tuckered out and here we are standing around like idiots. What say you we get somewhere a little more comfortable?"
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:04 am

He only returned a glare to Locke as he tamed Eris. "You needn't worry." he said, watching the surroundings carefully. The island itself seemed to stable, slowly, but despite that he was eager to get off. He looked at Volt'aire. "Do you think the normal way down could work?" he asked, before looking over the entire island once more. It seemed to be at peace, and it felt like a great battle had ended. He was still annoyed that Rosalyn had demolished all that was left of the Blue Soul, but he felt it wise to just leave it as is, strangely enough. His eyes looked about, briefly meeting eyes with Mogwai and remembering her odd spur of concern. His ears only flicked however and just returned to the zilart, waiting for his answer.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Tue May 04, 2010 5:21 pm

"No need for walking out, unless of course you would prefer to," Volt'aire said as he reached into his petasos and pulled out a bauble on a leather thong. "Just give it a moment to charge and we'll be back somewhere more comfortable in no time."

Rosalyn shuffled for a moment, reaching into her tattered cape and pulled out a Scroll of Instant Warp. "Without wanting to sound too rude," she said quietly, "I think I'm going to head home. It's been far too long." She carefully sat up and used the scroll, vanishing into the darkness that enclosed around her.

"Kupopo!" Kupachi flittered around for a moment. "I better follow her." He waved goodbye to his friends and spun in the air, disappearing with his moogle magic.

"Alright then, everyone who's joining me step lively now," Volt'aire said as he stepped aside several yalms with Resha staying close. Locke helped Eris to her feet and they stood beside them.

"Is that everyone?" Volt'aire asked as the adventurers who would be traveling with him approached. "Off we go then." He raised up the necklace and the teleportation magic wrapped around them.

As the magic faded the group found themselves standing outside of the Lion Springs Tavern in South San d'Oria. Their adventure had began here, and now that everything was said and done it was the perfect place to relax and get a drink. Volt'aire stepped into the tavern with Resha on his arm and took up a seat at a large table. Locke helped Eris to the table and then went straight to the bar to get drinks.

The Zilart waved to the rest of the adventurers. "Come on then, lets sit for a round or two."

---

It was a hot afternoon in South San d'Oria, the blazing sun setting off in the distance splashed the sky in golds and oranges. Few people walked the streets, as the heat was still prevalent despite the night drawing near. There was a spark of argumentative speech drawing closer to the tavern, no more than thirty yalms away from the direction of the Residential Area. A Mithra stomped through the open gate with a Moogle in tow.

She wore a green vest, revealing and open in the front to try and let in some air in an attempt to cool off. Her rusted red hair spilled from underneath a matching green bonnet and her icy blue eyes were narrow in annoyance. "I can't believe my Home Point was still set here in San d'Oria, I wanted to go home to Windurst!"

"B-b-but at least we had something for you to put on stored away," the Moogle stammered, trying to appease the Mithra.

She waved her hand in the air as if she were dismissing the statement. "It doesn't matter, this will have to do for now." She checked the two daggers at her side. They had been in storage for a long time, but they were no worse for wear. "I need a drink!" she announced as she strode purposefully toward the tavern.

The Mithra entered the tavern with an air of exoticness around her. She took note of a bespectacled man wearing a petasos, and a long haired woman seated next to him. There was a dark skinned woman, asleep at the table as well and a dark haired man enthralled by a bard on the stage. Seated with them was a large group of adventurers of all races and classes. She took the scene in and let out a sigh.

Rosalyn smiled and waved, and took up a seat.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

The Deathclaw donned his cloak from an old, tattered gobbie bag with barely much in it, and covered his entire frame and head with it, discarding it and letting it flutter into the sky. He made a movement towards the exit which would take him back down to Li'Telor, but stopped, looking back at Volt'aire. "I think I'll take you up on that offer," a slight smile curving. Something urged him to go with them, and so he followed, looking at the group who he had met not long ago - but it felt a lifetime since they had met. It was then Volt'aire raised the necklace and whisked them off - to the Lion Spring's Taverns.

---
In the tavern, the entity once known as Valkyr-Renhara sat quietly at the corner, just eying the team as they had their share of fun. He was puzzled, really. Throughout the whole rampage, he had felt thousands of emotions, stemming from different feelings. The voices in his head had dimmed, so he was in full control over himself. And yet, it's because he heard no voices that he was puzzled. He was so used to the loud noises that came from the beings that had entered his soul, or the malicious aura that seeped when the strange, empty cerberus had emerged. Now they had quieted down, but why?

He couldn't quite remember himself what really occurred in Tu'Lia, amidst the battles with the strange twins. He didn't even remember seeing the Elvaan with the strange tattoo, either. He reached a sheathed paw to feel around where that mark was - he couldn't even give feeling if it was there or not. Still, he decided to calm himself and lay against the wall, finally admitting to fatigue. He sighed heavily and watched on.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 am

Urthdigger was glad to be back at the tavern, this whole adventure put behind him. All in all, it had turned out well. Perhaps it was a sign of the changing times... though he had set out to do an adventure of his own, he could not help but notice his moogle becoming an adventurer, and in the process he had taken up the role of watching her back and helping her from behind the scenes. There was much left to do in this world, of course, he wasn't even considering going on his journey of rebirth yet, but the world would be fine as he served his sentence at least.

---

Mogwai easily got herself wrapped up in the moment of the tavern, and the stress of playing adventurer melted away as she ordered a few rounds. She found herself reciting the tale, although remembering her ploy to praise Maxwel for his actions even in spite of her drunkenness. The night dragged on long, and she staggered home with her master, collapsing onto her bed to snooze the night away.

She lost track of Valkyr after that night at the tavern, and cursed herself for not keeping a closer eye on him. But, still, while she was worried over that creature, she had other matters in her life that demanded her attention. She made frequent trips over to Rosalyn's moghouse to visit Kupachi, and had to deal with reports to the MHMU concerning her recent adventure, a collection of which contained likely the only truthful account of the events. And a week after the events at Tu'lia, she had a dream...

---

Maxwel eventually came to. It appeared he had been passed out on the cermet for hours... no, the moon was different. A whole day? The island had repaired itself in the meantime, although out here outside of the palace and away from the groundskeepers there was little outside of the occasional sprinkler to harass him. He made his way back to Castle Zvahl, where word had already spread of his adventure... and how he was hailed a hero to the allied nations. The renegade moogle tried to protest this and declare he had tried to betray them all at the end, but the kindred merely replied that the adventurers would surely mention that. Embarrassed, Maxwel retired to his room for some time, only coming out to eat and drink, before finally declaring he needed a vacation for helping deal with that Joseph character. Somewhere with lots of gorgeous women, and wine, and all the pleasures a moogle could want.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Linear on Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 am

Linear leaned back in his chair, eyes closed as his companions joked and drank to their hearts content. Not one with much liking for alcohol, he sated his thirst with a cool glass of Selbina Milk.

He contemplated his next move. He could make a return to Bastok. Mogrika would like that. He could also resume his exile in Attowha Chasm... Not a chance. Four years and a world saving journey were enough repentance for him.

Maybe Mhaura? He'd always loved it there. Wonderful view, refreshing ocean breeze. Small, quiet town. The corner of his mouth curled in a slight smile at the thought. He'd bring Mogrika along, naturally. She'd probably kill him if he tried to leave her behind again. Claidi would too, if she knew.

And there lie the last question for his future; Claidi. Should he refuse to enter another intimate relationship? One one hand, it would be a way to honor Claidis death. On the other, she'd probably beat the living daylights out of him if she knew he even entertained these thoughts. He loved her still. Always would. But...

He didn't want to die alone, as selfish as that is, so to speak. He doubted Claidi would want that for him either. 'I suppose I'll just keep my options open then. I wont actively seek someone, but I wont resist if the opportunity presents itself. Simple as that.' he mused.

He opened his eyes and glanced at his friends. Then at his glass of milk. "Oh.. What the hell? I can deal with alcohol for tonight." He muttered then ordered an ale. he raised his glass to his lips and took a long drink. It wasn't half bad. He sang a little tune under his breath...

"One more soul to the call, for all, in silence...
Comes two more souls to the call, for all, and in time.
Three more more souls to the call, they fall...
Unknowing that four more souls to the call, won't be all, and you know it."

Things were certainly looking up.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Previous

Return to Role-Playing