The Otherworld - The Fog

The Otherworld - The Fog

Postby Darkvalkyr on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:53 pm

((OK, this is where I start experimenting with the proper writing style. This topic's pretty much an intro chapter and also eases us into using the PbP's system and deciding if we should keep or not. Discussion should be made in the discussion topic. Anyway, the current writing style I'll use is simply not to delve so much into Zack and his inner thoughts as much as his actions (As he's an NPC in almost every way and also my pawn) So it's up to you how to interact with him and everything -- to talk, befriend or even just ask him to follow or whatever, I'll only outline what you, the players will see. You're all free to do your own style of writing, ala novel style or whatnot.))

"Our group...we were on a road trip. We needed to get to the next city over, and we were a bit pressed for time, since we wanted to see the rest of the country before our leave or holidays ended. It was someone's idea that we decided to go through Silent Hill. Some joked that it was so I could see my hometown again. Some wanted to just see this place that floated in rumours. I told them it was a bad idea. We went anyway, saying that we'd just pass through the town and get through the interstate. By some odd force, our car died before we could reach the interstate. It's already late. While the car's getting fixed at the garage, we stayed at the motel for the night. I just pray that when we wake up, we're not in hell..."

---5 A.M. Norman's Motel---
Zack was the first one to get up from the group. He sat on his bed, cold and obviously disturbed. One could see that he didn't really enjoy the sleep. The room around had nothing much of interest -- a simple square room, rather large, had several beds placed almost next to each other. The motel wasn't so clean either, but it was just for a night's stay. The Lynxan quickly went over to the bathroom and used the sink to wash his face. He anxiously sat at a decrepit chair that was accompanied by a similar table, looking like he just wanted to bolt out as soon as possible. The curtains were closed -- some were already boarded up in fact. Zack insisted they remained closed the night before. He just sat impatiently, waiting for everyone to wake up.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Re: The Otherworld - The Fog

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Rosalyn woke up when she heard Zack shuffling about. She slipped out of the bed and stretched, modesty tossed to the wind since all she had been wearing to bed was a pair of underwear. She rumaged around for a moment until she found her pants, a pair of khaki cargo pants that jangled as she pulled each leg up. The pockets were full to the point of spilling like always. When the group picked her up on the side of the road only a mile away from her broken down motorcycle they had asked her what was in her pockets.

"Quarters," she replied with a wry look on her face. "I love Pac-Man."

Rosalyn smirked to herself at her own wit and pulled a long sleeved sweater on after fixing her bra. She pulled her rust colored hair out of the neck of the sweater and ran her fingers through it a couple times, finishing up by binding it close to her head in a ponytail with a hairband that had been around her wrist. She sat upon her bed and pulled on her socks and heavy boots then reached underneath her pillow and slipped out a gun. She checked the clip, inspecting each bullet inside in the process, then snapped the clip back in and placed it in the back of her jeans after checking the safety. With the gun properly concealed in the crook of her back underneath her sweater she stood once more and stepped to one of the boarded windows.

She could feel something about this town that just wasn't right. Something aside from having to bunk up with some complete strangers for the night. She glanced over at Zack, the cat-person. While Rosalyn had seen all sorts of beings on the job, she had not seen one that wasn't inclined to kill her or at least do things that weren't legal in many states. Despite his friendliness Rosalyn just didn't like him too much. And that's saying a lot since her best friends included a man from another dimension, the reincarnation of a mythical bird, a fell knight, a fox demon, and the least interesting of them all a ninja.

Rosalyn returned her gaze to the cracks of the boarded window. "What are we doing up this early? Shop won't open for another four hours if we're lucky." Rosalyn was already annoyed that her bike hadn't been repaired in the course of the previous day, and was surprised to see the group of travelers returning so soon with transportation problems of their own. Perhaps it had something to do with the town.... And such a dreary town it was.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Darkvalkyr on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:36 am

Zack was absently staring at the windows when Rosalyn brought his attention back into his room. "H-huh?" he started, looking at her. "Oh. Well...I just couldn't sleep." he looked away and scratched his head, gulping.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Rosalyn harrumphed, even moreso annoyed by the boy. She returned her gaze through the slats boarding up the window and inspected the streets below. Rosalyn was about to comment on the thick fog covering the streets but felt that the boy's melancholy would only result in a similar response. Rosalyn made a sweeping glance over the rest of the members of the group still sound asleep like she should have been. It was a very dreary city for a resort town...
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Tim laid in bed at the motel, trying to sleep. It didn't help that Zack was talking in his sleep. "Do I have to shake you to get you to stop?" groaned Tim as he started to get up.
"I love you Tim." murmered Zack
Tim paused "...what did you say?"
"Mmm, take off your shirt."
Tim gave out a gasp "Zack... have you been shy about your affections? Have we been hiding from each other?"

He stepped back from the bed and started to sing "All this time, I lay in bed, thoughts of you running through my head. But I never thought, the things in my head, could really happen in my bed!"
Stage smoke started pouring into the room to set the mood as he continued "All these years I missed the signs, couldn't read between the lines. Who'd have thought that I'd see the day when I'd hear you say what I heard you say! And now-"

WHUMP

Tim abruptly woke up as he rolled off the bed and hit the floor. "Ugh... I need to do less late night browsing." he groaned.

He had slept in his clothes, a pair of jeans and a green shirt with a stylized anthro raccoon and the caption "I survived Raccoon City and all I got was this stupid T-shirt" Now that he was awake, he pulled his laptop out from under the bed where he'd left it charging, found an unsecure access point, and started checking his email and forums. For a drifter, he sure was addicted.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:34 pm

♫ Assassin's Creed 2 - Sanctuary ♫

Chad was on the outside of the door when he heard Zack get up. Then shortly followed by Rosalyn, her jingling pants giving away the biggest clue to who it was getting up. Chad then heard the beep of a laptop starting up. "Tim must be awake." He thought to himself. The hallway was empty, in fact Chad had not slept and he never once saw a person walk by the room. It was eerie and odd, he didn't like it. This place, this town reminded him of his past missions in the military. The decrepit city only haunted him and he did not want to stay much longer.

He was in a pair of dark loose fit jeans with a black A-frame undershirt with comfortable black and white kicks. A pair of dog tags hung from his neck, one was a friends, the other his own. He listened to the conversation between Rosalyn and pretty much Rosalyn with his arms crossed and hoped the eerie fog would pass soon.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Blog: View Blog (7)
World: Shiva
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Pursuer of the Truth
Jobs: DRG + COR + SCH

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:18 am

Zack looked at Tim who awoke abruptly with a thud. He couldn't help but cackle a little. "Morning." he said, looking a little comforted that someone else was awake. He looked around the room and saw Chad's absence. He appeared slightly worried. As if he was trying to distract himself, he got up and went over to Tim and his laptop. "What've you been doing all night?" he grinned.

--Chad--
From the direction of the reception's room, just through a slightly ajar door to your right at the other side of the hallway, you hear several footsteps for a moment, then they make an abrupt stop.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:08 pm

♫ Assassin's Creed 2 - Tour of Venice ♫

Chad's thoughts drifted away as he stood there. Maybe it was due to the lack of sleep. No, he was used to sleepless nights. The dark rings under his eyes was proof of this feat, however, it wasn't something that made him appear "dirty" it was his look and others accepted the fact and never really questioned why he never got good sleep. But he knew, painful images jutted into his mind. Bloodshed. Honor. Fear. Pride. Hatred. Love. Sorrow... He shook his head from those thoughts of his past, he never cared to dwell much on the pains. Instead Chad drew he attention to the noise of footsteps, several in fact, coming from a slightly ajar door to his right. It was the reception's room.

Then it stopped.

Something didn't feel right. Was it only his imagination? He tapped the door to their room slightly causing it to open up a crack.

"Something feels amiss," he said quietly to the others, "I'll be right back." He didn't wait for a response from the others, instead he cautiously walked over to where the noise was coming from.
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Postby urthdigger on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Tim blushed a little as Zack came over. The lynxan had always been kind to him, letting him stay over when he had nowhere else to go. He hoped he hadn't been talking in his sleep about anything concerning the dream he just had... didn't want to give the wrong idea about why he always accepted his hospitality.

"Nothing much, was listening to some music over my headphones while I tried to look up some information on this place. I didn't find much outside of what we already know however. Rumors of monsters that appear out of the fog, tales of waking up to find yourself in a terrible, nightmarish hell... all baloney I wager. There's people who live here, and who'd choose to live in a place where that was common?" He declined to mention some of the other things he was doing with his laptop, but that was nobody's business but his own.

He turned to the door as Chad knocked, telling them something was amiss. "He's always paranoid." chuckled Tim "It'll be nothing, I know it."
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:43 pm

"You mean a fog like this one?" Rosalyn asked as she pointed to the window. "Pretty dense, probably couldn't see for more than ten feet once you get down in it."

Rosalyn turned around and shrugged her shoulders. "But, I'm sure it's just a coincidence what with being up in the mountains and near a lake and everything." Rosalyn slipped back down onto her bed and searched her pockets until she found a small flashlight that could be attached under the barrel of her gun. After making sure she had it she returned it to the pocket it came from and let out a little sigh.

"If I remember correctly, this town used to have a big drug problem. Some crazy cult was distributing the drugs to fund their actions and it all ended with the cult killing.... twelve or thirteen of the town's cops. The drug is called White Claudia and is made of a plant that is indigenous to this region. The trade on it has been crippled since then, but is well known in some circles. I've heard of some druglords trying to come up here and harvest and recreate it, but the process has been gone as long as the cult."

Rosalyn bit her lower lip a little and became quiet as she grew lost in her own thoughts.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:26 am

Zack looked awfully worried as the discussion went from simple chat to a history briefing of Silent Hill. Then his breathing shallowed when Chad came to say that something was amiss. He looked at the door worriedly. "Come on, we shouldn't leave him alone." he said, and reached for the door, but stopped for a moment and beckoned the others to follow.

--Chad--
As you enter the reception room -- a small, wooden square room with an old, dusty and ripped sofa made of cheap material and a simple counter with empty square behind it -- you notice that the room looked rather undisturbed in any way, that everything seems still. There is a rack with several magazines, old and outdated and a fake plant decorating the corner of the room. There are two doors here, aside from the one you just entered. One lead outside, and the other was a simple blue painted door with a knob. Attached to the counter, facing inwards was a shelf. You notice that there is a Small First Aid Kit on it. There also appears to be a guest book -- most of its pages are ripped out and names where visible are scratched out, though there are a few names that weren't.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby OMEGA_HACK on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:51 am

♫ Assassin's Creed 2 - Hideout ♫

To his surprise there the room was empty.

This could come in handy, I'll get Tim to put it in his backpack before we leave. I don't think anyone will be missing it if we take it. He thought as he picked up the First Aid Kit. The room was barren save for the poorly kept furniture. Why did we even stay the night here...Something isn't right, how is a town completely empty, is it this fuc-king fog that's made everyone disappear? God how I hate this fog... He shivered at his the thought of reoccurring past memories. He walked over to the Guest Log Book and flipped through the pages, seeing what he could find out.

((Sorry but I'm trying to get the hang of this style posting. :s So I guess you'll tell me if I can make out any of the names and what they are during the next phase right? Hope I'm doing this right...))
OMEGA_HACK
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:10 pm

((This is basically a tutorial bit, to get used to this somewhat confusing (and fail perhaps!) style of PbP. So it's fine to make mistakes. No worries ^^ and yes, I'll tell you what he finds out at the start of the next turn.))

--Chad---
You find a First Aid Kit.

First Aid Kit
A First Aid Kit that contains medical supplies to cure lacerations, punctures and bruises. Cures some amount of health.

Not far from the motel, the fog has shrouded most of the town. Houses all around are boarded up and shut, bolted and appear abandoned and dusty. Amidst the streets, there was only silence. Amidst the silence, was a quiet little place called Annie's Bar. Inside, were two individuals.

--Chris--
You awaken in a small storage room of sorts. Fresh fruits and vegetables lay stored in shelves with several spices and seasoning neatly arranged in rows on a table. There was a fridge; and electricity was off. There are several cupboards and a single door was supposedly the way out. The room is illuminated by a grated glass window that was at the top of the room -- you could try climbing the metal shelves just below it but it would be of no use as the window is too small and it's too foggy to even see anything outside.

--Sindy--
The scent of air freshener hits you as you awaken in the women's toilets, outside the cubicles. There were 4 cubicles arranged neatly and sinks across them with a window. The room was surprisingly clean, with its dry tiles almost spotless -- almost as if someone had just mopped the floor. There were several windows, all grated, at the far wall at the top, but there was no way to reach them. The cubicle doors were all closed, and there is a single door that could lead out -- though you notice that it's locked. On one of the sinks, there is a bottle of Painkillers. Through the small space below the cubicle doors, you see there is a Lead pipe on the floor in cubicle 2.

((This post allows Chris/Sindy to post, welcome to the game~))
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Chris opened his eyes slowly. This was definately not a hotel room. Hell, there wasn't even a bed. "Ugh.. that's not good for my back.." he mumbled to himself as he pushed himself off the floor. He stretched and looked around. Storage room of some sort. Windows he couldn't reach easily. Also, there was fruit. 'Too bad I'm not hungry in the slightest.' He brushed his pants off and straightened his hoodie was he walked to the door. He grasped the door knob and turned...
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:05 pm

((Being that the action Chris made was very simple and small, he can follow up this action again if he wishes to.))

----Chris---
The door was locked. Behind the door, some static noise could be heard -- coming from a radio, perhaps.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Next

Return to Role-Playing