The Otherworld - The Fog

Re: The Otherworld - The Fog

Postby urthdigger on Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 am

Tim took one look at the door, then at the cord. "That's odd... you don't normally see a cord in a socket with no computer attached. Guess somebody left here in a hurry..."

He pulled his laptop out and connected it to check if this was attached to a local network, and if it did if anything was on the other side. The prospect of finding out why this room was hidden here was too tempting to pass up.

---

(Flashback)

Tim was hanging out around the campus leeching free wi-fi in the library when he noticed a lynxan next to him muttering under his breath "Damn web filter..."

"Here, lemme show you a proxy site that can bypass it." offered Tim, and in seconds he had the bypass up "There we go, all ready for whatever you needed. Lemme know if you ever need more help on these, I usually hang around here. My name's Tim."

"Thanks Tim, I'm Zack."
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:09 pm

-Tim-
You notice that it was an offline network. However, there was one thing that popped up - in the network, a new file appeared -- "Mirror.exe". Its icon was just a simple picture of a mirror. Virus scans show it was clean, though you have no idea what it's for.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby urthdigger on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Run "Mirror.exe" just for kicks
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 am

The minute Tim ran the executable file, the world seemed to freeze. An eerie silence crept upon all of the foggy town - and a frightening siren from an air raid began to ring out from every corner of Silent Hill. Everyone's vision blurred, their strength leaving them. By the time they could stand upright, and their strength regained, the world had apparently changed before their very eyes.

-The Inn Gang-
The room suddenly appeared old, destroyed, rusted - a deathly red haze surrounds the entire room, and all metallic objects rusted. Behind you, the door you had used to enter had closed, with the knob broken. Where the other broken door was, it was fixed, but it was apparently locked. The door had a red knob.

-Chris, Sindy-
The sudden siren, then the blurred vision - it passed within a blink of an eye. By the time you were aware, the door in front of you had a broken, rusted lock. The entire kitchen reeked of disuse and rust, and rotten vegetables laid all over the floor, painting a very dirty rusted look. From the room behind, where the diner was, the radio was heard, emitting static.

---
-Everyone can move.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:24 am

Chris turned to Sindy with wide eyes. "What the HELL just happened?" He didn't wait for an answer and drew his kukri. The smell was already getting to him. He was already missing the eerily clean building they were in not even a moment before. The damn radio was staticy again. Oddly enough, he was more suprised by the fact it still worked than he was creeped out by the noise. He took a few steps back towards the main room, then stopped.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Rosalyn looked around at the ruined room they were now in. It was the same room as before but it looked as if the metal around them had been exposed to hundreds of years of rust and destruction. The smell that hung in the air was enough to make one gag but Rosalyn took a moment to compose herself and slowly ignored it.

"Ok," she said quietly, "whatever it was that you did just now you better undo." She had been freaked out earlier though she wouldn't show it, but now she was starting to worry more. Things had gone from bad to worse and there was no telling what could happen next. Rosalyn looked at the red key in her hand then to the red doorknob. "And I guess if that doesn't work then the door is our only way out of here."
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Microcuts on Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm

The abrupt change was more than just shocking, as the stench from the kitchen was more than what Sindy's stomach could handle. After nearly vomiting, she recollected herself and tried to make sense of things yet again.

"You hear that?" she whispered at Chrism, referring to the static.

She followed Chris up to the door to the main room. Out of desperation, she reached over and kicked the door open.
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby urthdigger on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Tim glanced about as he regained conciousness, quickly looking to see if the file was still there. Was worth a shot to see if it'd turn things back... granted, it could make things worse, but...
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Zack just stood next to Tim, looking at the screen, his eyes darting left and right worriedly.

-Tim-
The .exe was no longer there on the network.

-Chris, Sindy-
The first thing you notice is the blocked up and barred walls and windows - similar to before, but this time more tightly using old, rusted iron. The wooden floor is a rusty metal, and the counter looks like it was smashed into pieces. All other doors are broken and destroyed. The radio slowly stops emitting static. The most notable change though is that where the empty center of the room would be were stairs leading downstairs to another door.

---
Everyone can still move.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:55 pm

"I guess we go down." Chris muttered. The radio had stopped again. He wasn't going to put the kukri away though. 'You'll have to pry this thing from my hands with a damned crowbar after I'm dead.' He thought, with horrible humor.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby urthdigger on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Tim gripes about the missing file and checks out the door "...this one's locked" before checking out the one they came in "...and this one's broken." He hmms for a moment "Hey Rosalyn, didn't you pick up a key earlier?"
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Rosalyn carefully returned her hangun to the back of her jeans, the waist of her jeans and g-string making a comfortable holster. The cool metal of the weapon against her warm back was almost relaxing during the tense moment. However, it would still be more relaxing had it been in her hand and firing at whatever caused the nightmare.

Rosalyn held up the Red Key and offered it to anyone who would take it.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 am

((/em casts Raise IV on the topic))

Zack gulped and took the key, all shaky. He moved over to the door with the red knob and inserted it - it was a perfect fit. The knob clicked as the door opened, showing the group into what looked like a short hallway with two doors - the corridor had the same red, rusted haze that surrounded the room they were just in. One door looked like it had a broken lock, so it couldn't be open, but one looked just fine.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:36 am

The cat-like anthropomorph peered inside, nervously, expecting something to jump out at him from any door. "W-well, we gotta keep going." he said, timidly. He passed a glance to the enigmatic lady to his left and another to Tim. He took steps inside and stopped as the sound of his shoes seemed to echo across the entire room. He decided to first check the door to his left - the lock was broken so he couldn't open it. His paws were shaky, but then he opened the next one, which seemed to lead to a maintenance room, with an old rusted generator that seemed like it hadn't been run for ages. The machine's large bulk covered a large portion of the room, but other racks were cluttered with miscellaneous objects and there was also a table, with only a small table lamp being the only thing on. Besides that, every light was off and the only other source of light was the strange red hue which barely lit up anything, and their flashlights.

--Rosalyn--
Peering carefully along the racks, you notice a few interesting peripherals that might be of use amongst them.

--Tim--
You notice on the table there's an ethernet cable jutting out from the socket of what seems to be a router.
Last edited by Darkvalkyr on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Tim looked around the room, noticing the router on the table. "Huh... that's odd." He set the laptop up on the table, accessing the router to see what it was connected to "I'll try to be a bit more careful this time..." he muttered. It was a pointless, he knew. Double-clicking a file wasn't responsible for their situation... but, that nagging doubt came back in his head: As crazy as it was, it was the most reasonable one.
"Hey Zack..." he said after a second as it connected "We'll get through this alright."

---

Tim had been meeting up with Zack every day for a while now, enough that he could trust the Lynx. It'd taken him a while to work up the nerve, but finally he did it; He explained his situation as a drifter, and asked if he could have a place to stay. He'd done this before, in other cities he passed through on his search for work, but this time was different.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing