The Otherworld - The Fog

Re: The Otherworld - The Fog

Postby RosalynSable on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Rosalyn checks the racks to see if there is anything in particular that they need.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Zack decided to check the other corner, that didn't have any shelves. The lynxan could hear a 'click' coming from the direction of the table. "Hey Zack..." Tim said, looking into the laptop. "We'll get through this alright."

"Yeah." Zack added, almost quietly. He shone his flashlight to the other parts of the room finding nothing of use while Rosalyn checked out the racks. Tim was trying to see if there was anything he could find on the laptop. Finding nothing else of importance in the room, he moved over to Tim. "What are you looking at?" he noticed the ethernet cord plugged in, then his eyes lit up. "Think we can call for help? Does it work?"

===
Zack enjoyed Tim's company when he stayed over. He had someone to talk to, at least. It was fun. They had similar interests, and had the same hobbies. It was hard to explain to himself, but he also felt there were more things that they had in common that he didn't even know about. He never brought himself to ask. He decided to skip asking that and just enjoy things the way they were already.

--Rosalyn---
You find a Lighter and a Pipe Wrench.

--Tim--
As you plug in the cord, you find the mysterious Mirror.exe pop up again in the public folder of the network. Oddly enough, the icon, while still being a mirror, looks brighter than the one you ran earlier.

==Descriptions==
Lighter
Commonly used to light cigarettes, this can be used to light other things too.

Pipe Wrench
Damage: Medium
Durability: Low
AP cost: 3
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby RosalynSable on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Rosalyn stuffed the lighter into a free pocket and held up the Pipe Wrench. "Who isn't armed yet?" She walked over to the two boys and looked over their shoulder. "Don't go clicking anything. At least not yet. We need to make sure we're ready for any more strangeness."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:41 am

"Yeah, I know. That other door seemed locked, this place seems like a dead-end... unless anyone else has a brighter idea..." he sighed. It was a file, a program. It shouldn't be able to do stuff like this "If you'll hand me that wrench, I'll be ready."
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:08 am

Zack held the machete in his arms tightly. "Well, I'll be ready for anything," he said, gulping. "I hope, anyway...we don't have anywhere else to go, looks like...everything's been a dead end." His eyes and ears darted left and right.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:29 am

Rosalyn sighed and made sure her weapon was ready. "OK. Click it."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:44 am

Tim sighed "Ok, fine. Although, for the record, this doesn't make any sense. It's just a file." he said as he opened it.
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 am

As if they could echo through every wall and straight into their ears, a blaring echo sounded as soon as Tim double clicked the exe. The powerful noise and some unsettling air brought the group to their knees as they blacked out, and just as soon as it stopped the room felt still. It was unsettling, but the red rust and the malicious feeling in the air suddenly was gone. Zack sat upright, still clutching his head with his paws and shook it. He looked around, feeling a bit relieved. "...things look a bit...nicer now..." he said silently, still very alarmed. He took his machete and held it in his right paw while his left had the flashlight, pointing it around. "The air's a bit better, I feel like I can breathe."

Besides that, nothing in the room they were in had changed.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:49 am

When Rosalyn came to she checked herself and her belongings and then started looking around. "OK, I hope we can stop doing that soon..."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Zack went over to the door and peeked inside. Strangely enough, the door with the broken lock was now fixed - in fact, the other door that they came into this section was now broken. "I must be mad...tell me I am." he whimpered. "What's going on here?" he went to check the door, after tossing a glance at his companions. Sure enough, the door opened without any trouble, to reveal a storage room. There were a few peripherals that Zack noticed, but nothing seemed particularly helpful. The biggest breath of fresh air was actually a door with a tiny window slit and a ventilation grate above it. The lynxan could feel cool air pouring in from outside. "A door, outside!" He called out. "I think we can get out--" he went over to the door and tried it hastily, but suddenly became disheartened when he found out it was locked. "No way...the key has to be here, right?" he half-imagined a sicko trying to lock them up in this hell hole of a motel.

-Tim-
Upon entering the room and hearing about the locked door, you instinctively looked to the shelves, and find an an oddly placed note.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 pm

"Well, at least we're back in the nicer looking place. Guess I'll take the blame for the shift this time." he said light-heartedly, trying to lighten the mood. He followed Zack around and checked out the shelves as Zack went to the door. "Let's see... junk, junk... huh, let's see what this says."
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:03 am

---Tim---
As you peruse the oddly placed letter, you realize it seemed to be a cryptic letter of regret of some odd sort - or maybe a confession.

Goddamn him.

I deserved to have his dinner after all the crap he put me through.

That's why I ate it. I don't care what he thought. He can just starve to death. Shove him in the pantry or something.

...it's his cooking, that's why it's so delicious. I'll keep him there maybe. He'll cook for me, in return he'll pay for the hell he's made to me.

What a sick joke. I can't think straight. Stomach hurts...
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:10 am

Rosalyn looked over Tim's shoulder and read the note. "That's.... interesting... What do you think it means?"
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:46 am

"...no clue what the hell this is. Sounds like someone's inane ramblings is all."
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:56 am

Zack walked over and peeked at it, tilting his head. He felt a stinging pain in his head briefly, but it was enough to bring his paws over to his head, wincing. "Ow..." he mumbled. "I'm fine...I think I might be getting a headache or something--" a loud bang from the room outside where they were surprised him, causing him to jump with machete in hand, pointed at the door. "Damn...what's that noise!?" he hissed, alarmed. Peeking his head outside, he noticed the door that had a broken lock had fallen over, revealing the small garage that the group entered earlier through the hidden door behind the reception. A second bang and the other, previously locked door that they ignored fell over as well, coming into the crew's view from the now open doorway. "That's..." the scent of blood suddenly hit his nose, and the lynxan gulped.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing