Moogle's Quest

Moogle's Quest

Postby urthdigger on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:17 am

((Confused about the format and length? Please check out the Discussion Thread

Intro
Spoiler:
You are Mogwai. After helping to save the world, your master, Dobenn, has readmitted himself to the prison he broke out of during the course of the adventure, leaving you with quite a bit of free time. You've spent a lot of that spending time with your boyfriend Kupachi, reading trashy romance novels, and smoking mognip. Life is good.

===>
Spoiler:
On this particular night, you've found yourself having a most peculiar dream. You are flying through a long marble hallway, pure white statues of armored moogles in alcoves along the side. At the end of the hallway lies a ghost. He does not look familiar, yet you know who he is: Kupofried (pronounced like in Sigfried, not as in fried chicken), ancient king of your people.
"Seek out... new gods... armor... blood..." said the king, those few words being all that could be understood

===>
Spoiler:
As the dream fades, you wake up. Your belly and head are in pain, and you guess that you're either sick or hungover. You did have quite a bit to drink last night, and you might have gotten something from Kupachi when you visited earlier.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Re: Moogle's Quest

Postby urthdigger on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:22 am

Go talk about the dream with Kupachi.
Spoiler:
You're in a bit too much pain to even think about visiting him, but you do have a linkpearl.
Mogwai: Hey Kupachi, you there?
MG: Helloooooo
Kupachi: Eh... huhwhaza?
MG: Hey patches!
KP: Ugh... don't you know it's... hold on. *bump* *crash* *obligatory chickens squawking* 3 AM?
MG: I know, but I had this weird dream! Kupofried talked to me, saying something about seeking out new gods.
KP:...
KP: You called me up, at three in the morning, to tell me about a weird dream you had?
MG: Yeah. Oh, also, are you feeling alright?
KP: Aside from the sleeplessness, I feel dandy
MG: Oh, ok. I'm feeling rather sick at the moment, was hoping I didn't get anything from you, or give you anything. Ok, get back to bed, I'll see you later.

Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Spoiler:
You put the linkpearl away and start to look for your stash. The bag in the endtable by your bed is out, so you stumble out into the hall and into the bathroom where you had hid a bag in the back of the medicine cabinet. The thought briefly crosses your mind that maybe you should be grabbing some painkillers instead, but you calmly remind yourself that nip IS a painkiller.

You don't manage to find it before a sudden burst of pain causes you to double over. You stumble over to the toilet and put your head over the bowl in case you throw up. This is it. Whatever it is, it's bad. You're shaking, in a cold sweat, and you know that if there was anything in your stomach, it wouldn't still be there now.

==>
Spoiler:
You lay a moogle egg, and the pain subsides. Huh, that wasn't half as bad as those humes make it out to be.
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby urthdigger on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:28 am

See if there's anything breathing/living inside the egg.
Spoiler:
You pick up the egg and put your ear to it. You don't hear anything, but you're pretty sure there's something living in there. You wouldn't have laid it otherwise. It's your little baby, and you wouldn't let anything happen to it. First things first though, you continue to rifle through the medicine cabinet for your stash, and pull out a bag of crushed green herbs.

==>
Spoiler:
You are startled when you close the cabinet and see Kupofried's reflection in the mirror! You drop the egg.

==>
Spoiler:
The egg hits the ground. It seems unharmed, but that was not a nice thing to do. The ghost doesn't really seem to care. He's more interested in you.

Kupofried: As you may have guessed... you have been selected for a most important task
MW: I... but I... huhwha?
KF: You know of the adventurer system? The various aspects that form an adventurer's training, and thus power?
MW: Well... yes? What about it?
KF: It would seem that it has brought about more than just a new breed of adventurers. It has brought forth new gods.
MW: What? How? I find it hard to believe we could have done something like that...
KF: Each aspect, a form of personality, a way about living one's life... a meme of sorts you can say, has started to get a mind of it's own. If I had to guess, I'd say that as a single idea gets strong enough, it transforms into something a little more tangible.
MW: So... what does this have to do with me?
KF: At the moment, these gods exist, but they are powerless. I want you to help me give them a way to interact with this world. It's an experiment of sorts, I know what needs to be done, but not what will happen in the end.
MW: That doesn't quite answer the question. Why me?
KF: Of all the moogles out there, you are the only one who has used ALL our gifts, without succumbing to temptation. You will need to know an aspect intimately, get to know what it entails, and to feel it's effects on your personality in order to help them. You are the only moogle with an opportunity to do the last one.
MW: So... what should I do?
KF: Find a powerful user of an aspect... not just an adventurer, a hero. Find out what makes them who they are, help them out if you must. Once you can understand the spirit of an aspect, I shall aid you further.

With that, the ghost fades away. You pick up your egg and stick it in your inventory, where it should be safe.

Take the egg to the Chocobo Stable to consult about what to do with it.
Spoiler:
You take the egg down to Zopago, and show it to him.

"You want me to help you raise that? That looks a bit small for a chocobo egg."

You explain that it's yours.

"Surely you don't... that's a bit irresponsible of you isn't it? Missy, we raise chocobos here, not moogles. Try asking another moogle... or at least a hume. I only know how to raise animals, not people."

You figure he's probably right. It would be terribly irresponsible to chuck the little guy in a stable while you went off adventuring. So you decide to do the right thing: You inscribe an "O" onto the egg's shell and hand it over to a moogle collecting eggs for the upcoming Egg Festival nearby the stables.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby urthdigger on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:17 pm

-> Feel bad, go back and retrieve the egg, make Kupachi watch it
Spoiler:
Having a tinge of regret, you turn back to the moogle you handed your egg over to, only to see your baby disappear in a flash of light. Well, so much for that. You try to remind yourself that you went through the egg festival yourself, and you turned out alright... mostly.

Go do research on Kupofried!
Spoiler:
There's not much to research, but for the sake of exposition you go over what you know in your head. He was the last great king of the moogles. He created many wondrous things for your people, played a large role in refining many of the rituals used even today, including the teleportation magic later refined for non-moogle use, and as his last work created 12 poems of happiness and joy, which have only recently been uncovered. Sadly, those 12 poems are what caused the downfall of his kingdom, as his children fought over who would inherit them, and he left the throne, never to return, and the kingdom degenerated into the various tribes and towns you see today.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby urthdigger on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:19 am

Go find Karuha-Baruha
Spoiler:
Enough with the egg business, there's questing to be done. You can think of one person universally regarded as a hero: Karuha-Baruha. Unfortunately he died during the great war 20 years ago, but that's what the cavernous maws are for!

It's just a short trip out the port to the maw. You traveled with Urthdigger through these several times, so you're not longer queasy about the thought of it eating you. You approach the maw and... notice you're missing something. Urthdigger still had his pure white feather on him when he went into the prison! That dummy! How are you supposed to fulfill your destiny now?
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby urthdigger on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 am

Go break Urth out of jail!
Spoiler:
If Urthdigger has the feather, then gosh darnit, you're gonna go get it from him! You march (Well, ok, fly) over to the penitentiary. The place has been put under significantly higher guard ever since Maxwell killed a guy there. Sneaking in is going to be very difficult.

===>
Spoiler:
You fly straight over to one of the guards and chat him up

MW: Hi, guard? I'd like to visit my master, Urthdigger. Are visiting hours open.
Guard: Oh... yeah, for a few more hours anyway. Right this way.

It's a good think you didn't try sneaking. That would have been difficult!
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby urthdigger on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:10 pm

===>
Spoiler:
You're led to a bare cell where your master, Dobenn, AKA Urthdigger, has been waiting. You go over a brief summary of your adventure, although leaving out the business with the egg since adventurers aren't supposed to know that side of the festival, or any of the funny business behind the festivals for that matter, and ask him about getting the feather back.

Urthdigger: It should be in my personal affects. As my... hrm, what would be the word for us... as my caretaker I guess, you'd likely be free to take what you wish from there. I'll have the paperwork taken care of to have it all transferred to you, although I do not think the feather might be of much use to you.
Mogwai: What do you mean? I'll just go back in time 20 years when Karuha-Baruha was still alive, talk to him about my quest, and everything will be fine.
UD: You're forgetting... the cavernous maw takes us back exactly 20 years. And in the past... we already saw the Great Hero die.

Mogwai was taken aback at this "Then... what about my quest?"
UD: Well... it's possible it may have just been a dream. A figment of your imagination. Or it might be possible he wasn't talking about Karuha-Baruha. If it's related to the aspects... well, there has to be some other person related to summoning magic who's considered a hero. There's also the other aspects, and I can think of heroes for a few of them. Master Oggbi for one, as well as the dark knight Zeid. Then there's Nanaa Mihgo, Lady Shantotto, people like that.
MW: I suppose... I guess I'll just have to keep a look out then.
UD: There's a good girl. Let me know if you need anything. In the meantime, I'd like to get back to meditation.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby urthdigger on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:50 am

Go look for Zeid
Spoiler:
You leave the jail and make for the Palborough Mines as the sun begins to set. Rumor has it that Zeid has been seen around there lately. Along the way, you get a message on the MHMU linkpearl. It seems the LS message has been changed.

Linkpearl: Attention all moogles: As of today, Dom Kupeliaure has decreed that the moogle named "Mogwai" is to be apprehended on sight. Please report any and all whereabouts of her immediately. An enforcer has already been sent to Bastok...

Your linkpearl breaks before the message is finished. Did they decide it was time for you to go back to rehab? Or is this something else? Regardless, you hasten yourself as fast as your little wings will carry you.

===>
Spoiler:
You fly through the mines, keeping an eye out for the dark knight. Who knew someone so big could be so elusive? You finally catch sight of him on the third floor, near the half-submerged mine carts leading to the Zeruhn Mines.

Mogwai: Wait! Zeid, I need your help.
Zeid: A little moogle? I'm afraid you've come to the wrong person. I don't do favors.
MW: I've come to learn the ways of the dark knight. Please, it's important.
Z: You? A dark knight? Your kind knows far too little of the horrors of this world to-
???: I'VE FOUND YOU!

You're interrupted by another moogle. She's a physical type, about your height, and clad in black silk armor.

Enforcer: Kupeliaure made a prediction today. Your actions here are going to cause a great deal of pain and suffering... unless you can be stopped.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby urthdigger on Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:54 am

===>
Spoiler:
The enforcer lunges at you, her katanas springing to her hand. You quickly bring Luna up to parry one and jump back out of range of the other. You take aim and fire, but the other moogle bats your gun to the side at the last second, causing your shot to go astray and hit the wall.

"I've found the perfect place to deal with you, kupo. Your dark powers are of no use here! Not an adventurer in sight..."

"Well, there's Zeid..."

"Bah, he's a hero, not an adventurer. As if I'd give you the time to drain him anyway, kupo. Now let me beat you into submission like a good little -OOF!"

===>
Spoiler:
Zeid stands still after his follow-through, crouched on one knee his greatsword extended after he smacked the enforcer away from you and onto one of the barges. You quickly pull the lever, sending the stunned moogle off to Zeruhn.

Talk to Zeid
Spoiler:
"So, this dark power she was talking about... explain."

You give him a short version of your level drain ability, the addiction it causes and the taboo it's developed, about how you used it nonetheless to help save the world from Germaine, and how now you've been called on to use it on a quest from the ghost of the last king of your people.

"And you've come to me to learn the ways of a dark knight. Very well. Take this sword." says the galka, handing you a heavy, jet black greatsword "It is called Chaosbringer. In the Horutoto Ruins the power of the stars and moon have created a few creatures of darkness. You are to use that sword to slay one named Doppelganger Dio. Return his scythe to me, and we'll talk further."

With that, he walks off into the mines.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby urthdigger on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Go kill Doppelganger Dio
Spoiler:
First things first, you need to get there. You chant an incantation, do a few steps, and find yourself teleported to the crag of Mea. Your destiny lies to the south, nothing will distract you from your destiny, not even-

Be the other guy
Spoiler:
You are now Kupachi

===>
Spoiler:
You wake up after a long and eventful night. Sighing to yourself, you touch the side of your neck. Two puncture marks. God damnit, she did it again.

You muse over what she told you and start getting up, taking a bath and brushing your teeth. With that all over you check your linkpearl, and immediately wish you had been drinking something so you could do a spittake. Mogwai's in trouble with the MHMU again!? And to think some guys only need to worry about buying gifts for their girls...
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Return to Role-Playing