Mysteries of Adoulin Isle - PbP

Mysteries of Adoulin Isle - PbP

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 pm

((Time to spring life back into this forum! If some of you might remember the topic that was once here on this forum - The Summit. The setting? A few months after what transpired in the end of the PbP (I hope it gets finished one day too!)))

The Hume cleared his throat. "Thank you all for arriving on such short notice, I'm sure you are all wondering why you have been chosen to attend this summit on such short notice." He bowed his head. "My name is Allistair. I come from lands to the far west - the continent of Ulbuka. You may have heard of the region and the state of war that the land is currently in. I am a representative of the Dresden Free Mercenaries, and I came here to grant a chance to those interested for a safe, easy passage to a land where fortune awaits."

Several adventurers' eyes gleamed upon the mention of fortune.

"As you may or may not know, there are two countries at war fighting over supremacy of the continent. Our policy is simple - we go fight for the country that interests us the most. For glory, riches, what have you, you will be rewarded greatly for any effort you make."

By now, more adventurers looked interested. Some that sought to turn back were attracted to listen further.

"Imagine, my friends. Valour, rewarded with glory, and gold as far as the eye can see." Allistair grinned. "Imagine the future you would have. In the lands to the far west, there are high bidders for the most able-bodied fighters and mages to lend them strength."

By now, plenty of adventurers were murmuring, whispering, gold glinting in their eyes.

---
A Tarutaru, dressed in a white robe and cloak, hung onto his staff. He wasn't very interested in the rewards as much as his interest in something else on the island. A rumour, but it may be something worth looking into...
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Re: Mysteries of Adoulin Isle - PbP

Postby Aeric on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:38 am

The back of the room was a good place to wait...

Still dressed in Northern Furs, a Hume sat with his chair tilted against the back wall. A heavy, fur lined cloak covered his tanned garments and hid him comfortably beneath a hood. Unfortunantly, the adventurer did not have time to change since his boat only recently docked on the mainland.

The hero in hide leather was not here for gold or glamour. Nor was he interested in more war... but still, he remained seated. Waiting. He knew it would only be a matter of time before the others walked through the doors.

A grin spread across his face...

((First!))
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Nation: Bastok
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby RosalynSable on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 pm

A young hume hiding her features in the hood of her mantle watched on with her interest renewed. The Dresden Free Merceneries were located in Adoulin and composed the bulk of the Resistance. After being sent to the Middle Lands from her nation of Arlua Lelais she had never dreamed of immediately returning. Perhaps her superiors knew that the Dresden Free Merceneries were branching to the Middle Lands for assistance in the war. There were many legendary adventurers here that could pose an inconvenience. The dim firelight in the gathering hall shone light on her still, expressionless face for only a moment.

Her head moved only the slightest as the door in the back of the room creaked open. Soft footsteps accompanied by the jingling of something metalic entered the room and moved about. It was shortly joined by heavier footsteps with a matching clink of metal. She moved just enough to see an automaton from the lands of Aht Urghan and its master wearing a full set of Pantin armor. This was a Puppetmaster of great skill to be sporting such equipment.

"Sorry I'm late," the Mithra announced to the crowd. "I hope I didn't miss anything too important." The automaton began to search the room with great curiosity and energy until in an embarrassing display the Mithra reigned in the machine.

A Puppetmaster of great skill...? the hume thought to herself, or perhaps just a fool.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby Linear on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:58 am

A hume sat in a corner booth, his head bowed as he listened to Allistair. He was dressed in thick, black suede with armored plates imbeded into the suede. His brown hair was long enough to hide his eyes. His lance, wrapped up in a cotton sheet, was propped against the wall. he was the image of unobtrusive.

His head perked up when the door opened. He smiled a bit when he noticed a fairly familiar mithra enter the room. This was going to be interesting.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Aeric on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 am

Aeric took this opportunity to stand up and wave at Rosalyn.

"Still playing with dolls?" The Red Mage called out, referring to the automaton. Aeric was very happy to see Rosalyn and Linear, who had been sitting at the corner. Walking towards her, he pulled the hood of his cloak back to reveil his face. Though his smile was warm and genuine, it did show a hint of shame.

"I'm sorry for leaving when you guys needed me the most..."
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Rosalyn looked at the Red Mage quizically. "Who are you again? Have we met?"

Caprice waddled over to Aeric and tugged at the edge of his cloak. "Ne, ne, it's that bum from Bastok, the one that couldn't afford any flour," the automaton giggled.

Rosalyn sighed. "Thanks for ruining the fun I was having, you little tin can," Rosalyn pulled the hume into her arms and held onto him for a moment. She then inspected his person before finally placing her hands on her hips. "You don't have your spiffy sword anymore. I'm guessing it broke like the rest of our weapons." Her eyes glanced over to the corner of the room where the tall long haired hume was seated. "How about we move over there where it's quiet and let these proceedings continue uninterrupted? Whoever that pompous man is at the podium he looks a little displeased at the moment."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Aeric on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 am

With a smile, Aeric followed Rosalyn over to Linear and pulled up a chair beside him. For a moment, the Red Mage turned towards the Dragoon to say something but withdrew. Sitting forward, he instead turned his attention to Allistair.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Linear on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:44 am

Linear grinned when his friends joined him. He leaned a little closer to Rosalyn, and spoke in a low voice; "You haven't missed much. Just some speech about the riches this land has to offer adventurerers for Mercenary work."
Linear
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:47 am

A nearby Galka, draped in an old brown cloak, spoke out. "The riches don't interest me." he said, looking at Linear. "There is knowledge to be found in Adoulin and its surrounding region...and this is an opportune moment to seek easy passage to the continent."

It was then Allistair continued to speak. "I see that I have the night stirred. I'd just like to remind you of our company's policy: it's every man for himself in the Free Mercenaries. You may very well end up fighting each other if the price is right - or flee to live another day. Remember, either army is willing to pay for another fighter. And like any mercenary should know; its your call if money or life is worth more."

He reached into his sack and procured a bunch of thin slips of paper. "Those interested, come to me. I will hand these passes which you will present upon boarding the boat to Adoulin that departs from Selbina tomorrow. This is a temporary, single use pass. Once you board the boat, we'll see to giving you a more permanent pass - this is just to show how serious you are about joining us."

The Galka straightened himself and began taking steps to Allistair, where people are already lining up. He looked at the trio which consisted of what'd look like a hume and two clowns. "There's your chance if you intend on going. Altana has blessed me with an odd opportunity; I shall not waste it."

--
The Tarutaru got his slip and joyfully leaned against the corner of the hall, looking at it happily. "Now maybe things'll finally get explained for me...I'm tired of not knowing about all this, so maybe the Deathclaw can make me understand!"
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Aeric on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:23 pm

After waiting in line, Aeric recieved his pass from the Hume.

"I'm assuming it'll be alright if we travel together?" The Red Mage asks turning to face his friends. "And hopefully, depending on how much time we have..." Aeric pauses to look down at his outfit "I can find something a little more appropriate to wear."
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Linear on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:15 am

"I'll be glad for the company." Linear said, pocketing his pass and adjusting his lance on his shoulder. "I haven't seen anyone for a while. Besides..." He grinned, "Mhaura was getting boring. With you two here, that clearly means something exciting will happen."
Linear
Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:17 am

Rosalyn looked at her pass to the Western Continent and handed it off to Caprice. The automaton stuffed the slip of paper into the darkness under her turban accompanied by what sounded like chewing.

"Om nom nom," the puppet said before reaching up to the edge of the table and trying to pull herself up. She kicked her dangling legs under the table in boredom before giving up on getting onto the table. "Ne, ne, are we going to this new place? I bet there's a whole bunch of people to scam out of their money."

Rosalyn sighed and looked over to Aeric and Linear. "Well..." she shook her head, "I guess it couldn't hurt to see what all this fuss is about." She laughed and nodded. "Alright then, it's settled. I'll join you guys."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Microcuts on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm

To be in the mix of things with these seemingly veteran adventurers was a cause for excitement, but at the same time he was feeling uneasy about how he ended up here in the first place. In the back of his mind, he was starting to regret breaking in to her house. He only meant to search for any possible leads about her whereabouts, not end up sorting through her mail and show up to some exclusive seminar about the Western Continent.

Azza waited in line to receive his pass, his patience turning into a bit of worry and anxiety. While the riches and glory was certainly of interest, for now he was more focused on keeping a keen eye out for her.

There's still some time...she has to show up. She wouldn't pass up on something like this. As he approached the front, he crumpled up Micro's letter and tossed it over his shoulder, not minding the odd man dressed in fur behind him.
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby urthdigger on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:13 pm

A galka, odd that he was accompanied by a moogle, watched the meeting with amusement. He was dressed from head to toe in monk's attire and a pair of cesti at his side. His partner was wearing a set of dancer's attire, a pair of daggers, and a chakram.

"I don't like the idea of this being a one-way trip..." muttered the moogle
"We should be fine Mogwai" replied the galka "It's likely nothing we can't handle, and if worse comes to worse I'll SWIM back."
"If you say so Urth, I just don't feel happy about le- Oh! Rosalyn's here! Kupo!"

Mogwai leaped down from her seat and ran over to Rosalyn and Aeric "Oh, I'm so glad to see you're here too! Is Kupachi coming, please tell me he is, kupo..." she said, blushing all the while.

Urthdigger chuckled at the reunion and went to acquire their tickets.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Aeric on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Aeric laughed out loud!

"Mogwai! And is that furry mountain over there Urthdigger?" The Red Mage could do little to hide his smile. "Well... either this is a small world or the strings of fate are tugging ever so ligh..."

A crumbled piece paper bounces off Aeric.

"What the..." The Red Mage kneels down to retrieve the item.

::edit::

After noticing the paper was adressed to Microcuts, the Red Mage casts a side long glance to the young Hume.

I think I'll keep an eye on this one... he considers.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Next

Return to Role-Playing