Mysteries of Adoulin Isle - PbP

Re: Mysteries of Adoulin Isle - PbP

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 am

"From what I heard," said Garwynn, coming from behind, "is because that this section of town is less prone to conflict between the two armies - think of it a grey area. The ferry here leads to the main regions of Ulbukka." he pointed out. "If anyone from Arlua Lelais, the country Adoulin is at war with, needs to come for mercenaries or deliver goods, they would be able to enter this section of the city unharmed." he motioned to a pair of Elvaan, dressed in bannerets, guarding the path to the Commercial Area. "The Arcane Knights here would halt them if they try to enter farther in. Unless of course, they have passports or written documents, but even then that only gets them into the Commercial Area."

He looked at the tall mountain. "It certainly is a spectacular view, however."
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:31 pm

"What kind of war is this?" Rosalyn asked. " 'Hello, welcome, come in and try to take our own soldiers.' But then again if its a mercenary guild then their services go to the highest bidder but that's neither here nor there. Can Adoulin march into Arlua...Le-whatever's city and enlist soldiers too?"

Rosalyn sighed and placed her hands on her hips. She was about to make another comment when she noticed two children standing in a muddy puddle nearby. They looked like siblings but appeared to be complete opposites of eachother. One had long white hair and the other short black hair. They were staring at Rosalyn from several yalms away, never taking their eyes off of her. She shook her head and looked back but they were gone.

"-and that's why this place can kiss my shiny metal-"

"That's enough, Caprice," Rosalyn said as she snapped back to her senses. "Come on, lets go check out the Commercial District. We should see what kind of supplies they're offering."

As Rosalyn and the Automaton walked away from the group Kupachi fluttered off of the boat with the large bag of equipment that Rosalyn had brought. He huffed and puffed and dropped the gobbie bag onto the dock before plopping onto the bag himself. "That's ok... I'll just...I'll just....catch my breath, kupo..."
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby RosalynSable on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Linear wrote:"Now, you mentioned Wyrmkeepers? Are they like Dragoons?"

Eve watched Rosalyn and her automaton depart and turned her attention back to Linear. "They are as much like Dragoons as you are like a taru. The Wyrmkeepers do not raise a wyvern as a pet much like the San d'Orian Dragoons. The Wyrmkeepers ascend into the mountains and commune with nature until they are visited upon by a Wyvern. The process is unknown to others, but the Wyrmkeeper and the Wyvern return from the mountains together as comrades. They are ferocious and wild. Nothing at all like the regal Dragon Knights...."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:42 am

The Galka nodded to Rosalyn and walked with her. "Odd, yes. But the mercenaries have come into an agreement with both sides that they have branches on each other's port. Being mercenary guilds as they are, it's only plausible that anyone could go in and hire their services - though their largest clients are the armies themselves." He said as they went through the gates to the commercial district.

Meanwhile, the silk robed Tarutaru stood a few paces away from both Eve and Linear, listening to them converse. He looked as innocent as a Tarutaru child could be, mouth agape as he listened, eyes twinkling in response to the tale.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Mogwai and Urthdigger followed Rosalyn out, and helped Kupachi with the bags once more.

"Do you really think we'll find him here?" asked Kupachi
"Honestly? I hope not. After I couldn't find him following the fight with Germaine, I had assumed he had simply perished somewhere. If he's been alive all this time..." said Mogwai, trailing off into thought.
"Well, we've hit the main continent. You said he was in Arlua Lelais right?" asked Urthdigger.
"Right, kupo." said Mogwai "I'm figuring we could see about joining them, see if we can find him. He's sick, and needs to be cured before he hurts everyone around him... and if we can't cure him, we're going to have to put him down." she finished by using her teeth to !@#$%& the gun she was carrying.

"Umm... Mogwai?" asked Kupachi "...why did you just !@#$%& my gun? With your teeth?"
Mogwai blushed "Err... because my guns don't need that done, and I thought it'd look badass, kupo."
"...you looked like a dork." replied Kupachi
"Enough about that, kupo!" said Mogwai "Our help should be somewhere nearby. Said they'd be near the docks..."
"I don't trust them." sighed Urthdigger
"Which one?" asked Kupachi
"BOTH of them." groaned Urth

Their conversation finished, they hurried to catch up with the group after taking one more glance around the area.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby urthdigger on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:15 am

Maxwel was not at his post near the docks. Rather, he had made his way to a "bathhouse" in the port district and was currently naked, his armor and weapons in a loose pile near the edge of a small pool he was soaking in. He was reclining against the edge, his wings folded out, a glass of wine cradled in his paw with the stem between his fingers, his eyes closed and kupoing softly as one of the girls of the establishment rubbed his pom-pom slowly. His ears flicked a little as the sounds of the incoming ferry drifted over to him. "Mrr.... mmm, they can wait just a bit, kupo...." he murmured to himself
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Rosalyn noticed Urthdigger and the moogles close behind with the rest of their luggage and waited a moment for them to catch up. As she watched them approach she was bumped from behind by a man who apologized quickly when Rosalyn merely glanced his way. As he hastily walked away Rosalyn was trying to figure out what was so strange about the man. She had almost put her finger on it when Urthdigger approached. She was starting to feel uneasy with the priestly Galka and having people she knew with her put her at ease.

"So if we're supposed to be joining this war does that mean we might be fighting against one another?" Rosalyn asked of her companions.

"Ne, ne, Rosa..." Caprice started, tugging on the hem of Rosalyn's tobe.

"Not now, Caprice," she scolded, then turned her attention back to Urth. "I'd hardly believe that any of us would be working for the other side after we figure out what's going on in this place. And besides, if we don't want to get involved at all I guess it's just a quick teleport home."

"Roooooosa~" Caprice continued.

The mithra shook her leg to remove the puppet from her and let out a huff. "How about we go find somewhere to eat first, and then take a look at the shops? I'll treat for dinner."

"You can't!" The puppet shouted. Rosalyn looked down at her quizically.

"Why not?"

"Because that man stole your money," Caprice said with an annoyed huff, crossing her arms over her frame.

"Wait, what man?" Rosalyn asked as she began searching for her coinpurse. Sure enough, it was gone.

"The one with four arms, duh."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Microcuts on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Azza followed the group closely, catching some glimpses about the war every now and then. He was never one to care about history, but the prospect of joining a mercenary group sounded exciting. Before that though, he needed to learn at least a bit about Micro's where-abouts. No matter how odd the group seemed, he didn't have much doubt whether they were the companions she's spoken about in the past and he probably had better chance by sticking with them as long as he could.

"Wait, what man?" Rosalyn asked as she began searching for her coinpurse. Sure enough, it was gone.

"The one with four arms, duh."

Azza stared blankly at the overtly active and talkative automaton and scratched his head.

"Pfff...four arms?" he laughed, "Is your doll overloading or are you mixing something in her oil?"

Azza looked around to see if this supposed "four armed man" was still near by, until he realized that his entire bag had a giant gaping hole on the side, half of his belongings missing. He turned towards Caprice, grabbing Caprice by her head and demanded - "What did you see and where'd he go?!"
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Caprice rattled about in Azza's grip until she managed to wriggle free. She knocked on her head a couple times and an image appeared inside the darkness. It was of the back of Rosalyn and the priestly Galka, walking through the Port District up into the Commercial District.

"Odd, yes. But the mercenaries have come into an agreement with both sides that they have branches on each other's port. Being mercenary guilds as they are, it's only plausible that anyone could go in and hire their services - though their largest clients are the armies themselves." The galka could be heard saying in the image.

Rosalyn then stopped and looked back behind them, presumably to where Urthdigger and the Moogles were. It was then that a man with red hair, wearing a visored helmet of some sort bumped into the back of Rosalyn. She shot him an evil glare, and the image within the darkness froze long enough for little horns and a forked tongue to be added onto Rosalyn's image before continuing again.

"Truly sorry, m'aam," the man said as he dashed off. The image moved and froze once more on a final shot of the man fleeing.

"See!" Caprice said once more, pointing at the image floating in the darkness. "He's got her money and four arms right there." The image cut off and there was nothing but darkness under the helmet again. Caprice shrugged her little shoulders. "I wonder if Rosa can give me two more arms... I'll need a fourth katana though..." The little automaton walked away from Azza in thought.

"Ugh," Rosalyn said after the display. "Ok, I guess we better find out where this guy went to. A four armed man can't be that hard to find."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:51 pm

"I see. I think I'd like to meet one. Thanks." Linear mock bowed to Eve, with a smile. He glanced at the rest of the group and saw Azza shaking Caprice. "I wonder what's going on... Let's go."

He caught the later half of Caprices display. "So, red hair and four arms? Should be easy to spot. I'll search from the air, I suppose."
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 am

((Really sorry. I kinda got busied, then I forgot it was my turn. ;;))

Garwynn frowned. "A thief, hm?" his arms reached for his greatsword strapped on his back. "I should show him that Altana does not take unjust hands lightly." he grinned before putting his hand down. "What are you waiting for?" he said, making a start. "A four-armed man should not be too hard to find."
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Wed May 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Rosalyn grabbed onto Caprice by the arm and dragged her off in one direction. "Well, he's just going to get away if we just stand around here all day yapping," she said over her shoulder as she began running. She ran south down the road, peering between buildings to see if the man had slipped into an alley during his escape. "Alright you hunk of junk, get the other side." Rosalyn tossed Caprice across the street and tapped some buttons on her Animator. Caprice let out a whirr as her body marched along the opposite side of the street. It didn't take long for them to reach the end of the southern side of the road and find nothing but the dead end.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu May 20, 2010 1:43 pm

((Since no one seems to want to reply...soz, I'm a stickler for posting orders. And yah. Shortpost is short.))

The Galka stopped at the dead end. "Well...did he escape?" he said, looking frustrated, staring at the wall in front of them, before darting his head left and right. "Did we miss another path, by any chance?"
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Sat May 22, 2010 12:32 am

Mogwai and Urthdigger had followed close behind, and cursed at the appearance of the dead-end. "Well, that's a bad way to start a trip, kupo." murmured Mogwai.

A slow clap from behind them, the subtle shift of chainmail on fur, and... was that jazz playing in the background? Either way, it heralded the arrival of Maxwell "I couldn't help but overhear..." he said, giving his long ears a stroke and brushing them back "It's obvious he just climbed up and over the obstacle. Mogwai and I can handle this, kupo." Noticing the stares a few members of the group were giving him, he raised a paw and smiled "Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. No tricks."

"I'm not sure it'd be of any help." said Urthdigger "The prudent thing for us to do now is to forget about the thief for the time being. Given he had a head start to begin with, likely scaled the wall faster than we can, likely has allies in the area to cover his tracks, and that we've been standing here wondering how to get over this wall in the first place for... I'd wager a good 15 seconds, I'd say he's gone. I'll do my part to keep an eye out: If he shows up again, we'll take up the chase then."
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby RosalynSable on Wed May 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Rosalyn sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "I guess there's nothing we can do it about it right now... Anyone wanna spot me some money? Anyone?" Rosalyn retracted her outstretched hand and placed her hands on her hips with a sigh.

"Ne, you can have some of my money," Caprice offered, holding up a small coinpurse that she had removed from inside of the obi.

"Where'd you get that?" Rosalyn asked as she took the coinpurse and counted out the gil inside. "There easily ten thousand gil or so in here."

"Eleven thousand seven hundred and fifty two, to be exact," Caprice said as she busied herself with something else. "That's what was left after I bought this equipment in Selbina."

"But where did you get it?" Rosalyn asked again. The automaton pointed at Kupachi. The moogle, now flustered, began whistling innocently. "And where did you get this money?"

Kupachi tried to become interested in something else, but wasn't as talented at it as Caprice was. "Secret cache...kupo," he mumbled quickly.

"And what funded this secret cache?" Rosalyn drew closer to the moogle who had now taken up safety behind Urthdigger.

"Some.... some equipment that you weren't using anymore... kupo... now that you're under contract of the MHMU of course."

Rosalyn stood in front of the Galka and looked up at him long enough for him to understand and step aside. She was sure she had heard some protest from the self-proclaimed lover of all moogles to do no harm but it fell on deaf ears. "And why did Caprice have this money?"

"...Lost it in a bet..." the Moogle said quickly and nonchalantly, like it was no big deal.

Rosalyn sighed, pocketed the money and began stalking down the street. She stopped and turned around. "And, how much money did you happen to make off of pawning off my hard earned equipment?"

"Your hard earned equipment that you weren't using anymore," Caprice chimed in with a singsong voice.

"Umm... carry the two.... square root of moogle pie..." Kupachi caught sight of Rosalyn's glare. "Two million eleven thousand seven hundred and fifty two..."

Rosalyn nodded. "Nice. My automaton's obi and bandanna are worth two million gil... If you guys need me, I am going to find a tavern." The mithra walked off and left the group at the dead end they had come to.

Caprice crossed her arms over her frame and pouted. "It wasn't just my clothes. I bought these katana too."
RosalynSable
Very Tough

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing