Mysteries of Adoulin Isle - PbP

Re: Mysteries of Adoulin Isle - PbP

Postby urthdigger on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Maxwel was quick to unsheath his greatsword, holding it in one paw and a shield in the other. "Well, this is it big boy. Like it or not, they've brought the fight to us, kupo!"

Dobenn readied his cesti, Mogwai at his side, a pair of daggers at the ready. "Be careful." the galka reminded her "You're still not quite as strong as us... and not as protected. If you get in trouble, don't hesitate to run. I'll protect you."
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:36 pm

The shaking got stronger and fiercer, until the wooden floor burst into many planks flying into the air as a large amount of miniature dolls, ornately coloured in tan and olive colours jumped out of the gaping hole that was left in the tavern.

"Come forth, my pretties! It's time for all of you to show me which one of you is scrap!~" Salda-Romida left as he went backstage and appeared at the top, sitting to watch the carnage unfold. The dolls began to violently attack mercenaries left and right. Some ran away and some stayed behind to fight. Guverre just stood on the stage, looking frustrated.

"How DARE you--" he began, but was cut off by Salda-Romida, who raised a finger.

"Remember, our agreement!" the Tarutaru sneered.

"Grr..." Guverre lowered to a grumble. "I swear, these things...if they touch me, they're chocobo feed!" he warned, staying behind on the stage. There were a few mercenaries - and the two performers from before and two moogles that stayed behind. A couple of the mercenaries were already engaged in battle with several dolls in their small groups.

From the group with the moogles, they saw four pairs of mercenaries at each corner, each engaged with a pair of dolls, one tan and one olive. How they went about to save them if they were going to at all was a different matter entirely...

---
OOC: Using random calculations, the NPCs are:
NW Corner: TEM and RDM
NE Corner: PLD and RDM
SW Corner: THF and WHM
SE Corner: WAR and WHM
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby RosalynSable on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:32 am

Locke looked at the mess they found themselves in and took a moment to assess the situation. "All right, no need to get worried about this right away. There's five of us, so I say we each go give these guys an assist. I'll go help that Thief and the White Mage." Locke dashed across the tavern and joined the White Mage and the Thief. He quickly sang some ballads for the White Mage and some Mambos for the Thief before he sang a Madrigal and a Minuet for himself and leaped into battle alongside the Thief as they attacked the green doll.

Eris followed suite and joined the Warrior and the White Mage in another corner. She sang ballads for the White Mage and Minuet and Madrigal for herself and the Warrior before she took up place beside the Warrior. She made some quick debilitating steps to lower the doll's defense and a Samba to drain life-force from the tan doll they fought.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby urthdigger on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Maxwel gave a smirk and dashed over to support the red mage and paladin "Well, looks like one corner left for you two, kupo."

Mogwai looked over to the remaining group and gave a slight twitch, her fangs showing. A new aspect she hadn't experienced before. Dobenn paid it no mind and rushed into the fray, flanking the doll and attacking with all his might. "Mogwai, over here!"
"R-right!" she responded and ran over, getting in a few hits in with her daggers and dancing a quick samba.

The fight started out ok, Dobenn doing his best to bring it down quickly as Mogwai weakened it's defenses. The moogle cried out in alarm as the templar dropped down to one knee, in deep trouble. The red mage was having trouble keeping him cured by herself, so Mogwai performed a few waltzes to help out as Dobenn provoked the doll's attention. The templar's difficulties were no joke however, and the doll proved quite difficult to evade and guard, but the galka did buy enough time for the paladin to get healed and protected before the doll turned it's attention back to it's first target.

---

Maxwel, as usual, wielded a sword that by all means should be a great sword to his size in one hand, a buckler on his left "Let's show you how a beastman does it, kupo." he remarked, and began the fight with a leaping slash, scoring a large gash along the doll's back... and revealing something moving inside "Well now... what have we here...?"

The paladin had quite the difficulty keeping the doll's attention as Maxwel unleashed his fury, knocking aside the doll's hits with practiced ease "I did not reach the position I did... without reason!" he roared out, leaping up and cleaving the doll in two with such force that rubble went flying as the sword hit the ground. As he got back into his stance, he was annoyed to find two smaller dolls, lightly scratched by his weapon skill, stepping out of the larger doll's hull. "Prepare yourselves for an endurance fight, kupo!"
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 am

Guverre seethed in place, watching as his own mercenaries fought for their lives. The ones with potential easily showed themselves - the ones that stayed. The dolls however, were relentless. Looking up, he saw Salda-Romida, watching as gently as a scientist would with his test subjects - noting and calculating each participant below. He looked genuinely surprised at the two moogles, however. The elvaan itched to jump in and help, and he mentally pleaded that one of the dolls would just get too close.

--
As the battle drew on, the respective dolls the groups focused on quickly broke down, but much to some of their surprise, two, smaller dolls leaped out, ready to wreak havoc once more. The white mages, despite all the assistance that the other bards had brought support - began to find their magic endurance dwindling rapidly as three dolls began to strike at the defending thief and warrior, let alone as the green dolls readied attacks to wear down their foes' speed and sleeping shots or stunning shots.

---
OOC:
NW: TEM (Good) RDM (Good), Mogwai, Urth, Tan Doll Green Dollx2
NE: PLD (Good) RDM (OK), Maxwell, Tan Dollx2 Green Doll
SW: THF (OK) WHM (OK), Locke, Tan Dollx2 Green Doll
SE: WAR (OK) WHM (OK), Eris, Tan Doll, Green Dollx2
North Stage: Guverre (Great)
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:24 am

Locke sighed when the doll before him and the Thief fell apart into two more. A quick glance across the tavern showed that the other dolls had done the same. He sighed again as he decided drastic measures needed to be taken to even the odds.

"Oi, everyone," Locke yelled as he rushed away from the Thief for just a moment to stand in the center of the tavern next to Guverre. "You might want to edge just a little bit closer to me and pay attention, you'll only get to see this once." Locke brought up his hand as he began casting a ninjutsu. There was a puff of smoke and suddenly Guverre was surrounded by three more Lockes.

"Ok, lets do this," one of them said. They all nodded in agreement and pulled out their instruments.

"Make it count now," the lead Locke raised his hand to the air and unleashed the power of Soul Voice, hoping that everyone had moved closer in range to receive the beneficial effects of their songs. The four Lockes each began playing songs. Lively marches, epic minuets, feisty madrigals, and sweet ballads that all converged together into beautiful music that echoed throughout the tavern. After they completed their songs each shadow clone went to a corner and the true Locke returned to the thief and white mage.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Postby urthdigger on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Maxwel swiftly dispatched one of the remaining dolls in his corner and turned around "Sheesh, you guys are still working on these?" he pointed to each adventurer in turn "You suck, you suck, you suck, you're alright, like your boobs, you suck, you suck, you suck, you're getting there, you s-" He was interrupted by the other doll "Oi, I'm ranting here!"

Dobenn and Maxwell had just about finished one off, and the galka was starting to notice something odd in Mogwai's behavior "Focus, remember what's important... we're here to PROTECT these people..."
Mogwai in turn nodded, trying to keep her best to heal the very same adventurer for which she was developing an insatiable thirst.
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Guverre was excited when the Locke clones came over. Overhead he could hear a faint amused murmur from Salda-Romida. But what made him happy was not the fact that the Tarutaru was, but as he expected, a few dolls moved to chase after the one playing up a racket. "Got you now, Dolls!" Readying his axe, he threw it in a tomahawk fashion, crippling and breaking one of the larger dolls into two of its smaller size. Summoning his axe back with his hand, he then proceeded to toss and repeat to demolish one of the smaller ones.

Meanwhile, the Locke clones and their songs helped the entire mercenary force to push forward and crush more of their opponents. Dolls crumbled like fine china and all that were left are just few on each end of the room. Guverre looked highly satisfied with himself, and looked up defiantly at Salda-Romida. "I was defending myself. I didn't get off the stage, as we've discussed." he grinned, though the scientist was fuming to have his own words used against him.
---------------
OOC: Pardon the delay here!~ You guys can finish this off.

NW: TEM (Alright) RDM (Good, getting there), Mogwai, Urth, Clone Green Doll
NE: PLD (Good, sucks) RDM (Good, sucks), Maxwell, Clone Green Doll
SW: THF (OK, sucks too) WHM (Has nice Boobs), Locke, Tan Doll
SE: WAR (OK, but sucks) WHM (Good), Eris, Clone, Tan Doll
North Stage: Guverre (Great - AND incredibly satisfied.)
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:46 am

Mogwai looked out the window at the setting sun. Luna stirred in it's holster as the growing darkness infused it with power, as Sol's energy waned... and for a brief moment in the twilight, both were still usable for one shot.

"Dobenn, open!" shouted Mogwai. It didn't make too much sense to the others, but Dobenn complied by unleashing his fury on the doll, his fists flying at godlike speeds to strike eight times in a second. Mogwai quickly charged up Luna, firing off a large blast of dark energy that hit the doll, fusing with the energies of the previous attack and engulfing the doll in a ball of dark energy. With a smirk, she pulled a pair of artificial wings out of her pack and quickly applied them. She took to the air like a four-winged angel, aiming both Sol and Luna so their paths would cross shortly before the doll, and fired. The two beams of light and darkness merged, enhancing each other's power before hitting the enemy full force. Once again, a ball of dark energy formed to engulf the doll. This time it was bigger, and shook the room with the force of it's arrival. When it left, the doll was utterly destroyed. Cracks formed over it's surface, and a purple goo seemed frozen across it's surface, eating away at what was left.

Mogwai's man-made wings melted away with the force of the weaponskill, the beeswax melting away with a flurry of feathers as the moogle dropped to the ground. "Top that Maxwel."
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Previous

Return to Role-Playing