MoAI - The Discussion Thread

MoAI - The Discussion Thread

Postby RosalynSable on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Welcome to the new PbP that Valkyr and I had been tossing ideas back and forth about. While the general storyline and world is still in the works, I can at least let you in on a few pieces of information.

This new RP will be taking place on the Ulbuka Continent, or more commonly referred to as the Western Continent. Travel to there is connected from Selbina much like travel to Aht Urghan is regulated out of Mhuara. What is this new mysterious land like, you ask? I'd be glad to inform you.

Ulbuka is broken up into five different regions.

Adoulin Isle, Medhoula Grasslands, Berrylia Marsh, Gala Cliffs, and Gulruhn Valley. Each region is home to one city, two of which are the size of any given nation and the other three the size of Selbina/Mhuara. Adoulin, located on Adoulin Isle, and Arlua Lelais, located in the Gulruhn Valley. The other three smaller cities are Salea in Medhoula, Rashean Outpost in Berrylia, and Geruhn Cove in Gala Cliffs. Adoulin and Arlua Lelais are at war, constantly gaining and losing the three other regions across Ulbuka.

Adoulin Isle is home to the Dresden Free Merceneries, a new Merc faction that is fighting for Adoulin and all of its allies. Adoulin Isle is well known for its Dragoons known as Wyrmkeepers. The entire continent of Ulbuka is also home of the Bison Jacket set and several pieces of furnishing. This would lead one to believe that they are ones who co-exist with nature. However, that is not entirely true. Arlua Lelais is a technologically advanced city. It had at one point been much like the rest of the continent, but its advancement has sped up considerably since the end of the Crystal War. Their technology endangers the wildlife and unbeknownst to them the very fabric of reality.

It is up to the adventurers to decide which side to choose and fight against eachother in the fields of battle to determine the fate of not only Ulbuka, but the entirety of Vana'diel.

---

Things to look forward to in this PbP:

Introduction of new Jobs! Now you too may become an Elementalist like Rosalyn, or take up the path of a wanderer and become the lonely Gunblader. Perhaps you will join a more just cause and become a Templar, or delve deep into the dark powers and become an Arcanist.

All new in depth battle system! Earn your own set of troops to lead into battle, use them decisively and turn the tide of war against your opponents. Take back regions and cities and gain access to special armor, weapons, and quests only available while your faction holds control.

New Avatars! Ride the menacing Doom Train, or call forth the legendary beast Griever.

---

All fun and joking aside, I felt the following may be needed.

Name: Rosalyn Sable
Race: Mithra F
Job: Puppetmaster/Warrior (Joblocked)

The story so far: After the events currently known as the Blue Soul Incident and the Empty Avatar Incident, Rosalyn joined the MHMU in an attempt to reign back the influences of Shinryuu, Ultima, and Omega on her psyche. Despite ridding herself of the ancient wyrm's soul from her's she was cursed to forever feel its lingering sentiment. The usage of ancient Zilartian technology created from pieces of the Biotechnological Weapons Ultima and Omega resulted in adverse effects that could not be foreseen. They had laid their marks upon her skin and their secrets whispered in her head. To prevent these powers from manifesting inside of her anymore, she willingly had herself afflicted with a Job Lock from the MHMU. After spending much time at the MHMU, Rosalyn is delivered a letter of invitation from mysterious sources and decides to investigate.

Discerning features: Tainted by Shinryuu, Rosalyn's once blonde hair will forever be the color of rusted red. Marked by Ultima and Omega, she bares the tattoos of the weapons on her back and millenia of information locked inside her head.

Name: Eve
Race: Hume F
Job: Unknown

The story so far: Eve hails from the nation of Arlua Lelais, sent to the Middle Lands on a mission of great importance. She encounters the Dresden Free Merceneries enlisting adventurers from the Middle Lands to assist Adoulin Isle in defense of Ulbuka. With orders in hand, she plans to join the unwitting adventurers and take down Adoulin from the inside...

Discerning features: Appears to be no older than twelve. Blonde hair. Eery blue/green eyes and a soft monotone voice.

---

With that taken care of, I would like to wish everyone the best in their journies to discover and unravel the Mysteries of Adoulin Isle.
To be forgotten is worse than death.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (78)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Doctor Shantotto Supporter
Jobs: Blu90 Sch90 Pup75 Drg60 Dnc40

Re: MoAI - The Discussion Thread

Postby Aeric on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:44 am

Name: Aeric Bone
Race: Hume
Job: Rdm/Nin

The story so far: The RDM returns from exile...

Discerning features: Red, mostly.
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Rosalyns Cure-All [What doesn't kill you makes the Dragon stronger](ch.3)
Lineage chart of Altrage de'Origualle (ch. 5)
Aeric
Tough

Blog: View Blog (12)
World: Alexander
Nation: Bastok
Title: Destined Fellow
Jobs: RDM DRK PLD NIN

Postby Linear on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:31 am

Name: Linear Tilgungssucher
Race: Hume
Job: DRG/SAM

The story so far: After the events of the Blue Soul and the Empty Avatars, Linear attempted to settle down in Mhaura, but news of the Western Continent opening up to outsiders tempted his adventurerness beyond resistance and he immediately set off. His eyes remain changed after the second use of his unique Spirit Surge, which he continues to hide from the general public.

Discerning Features:
Armor
Spoiler:

Eyes
Spoiler:

I'm not too pleased with how to armor came out. I'm going to have to redraw it to my liking. It'll do for the meantime, I guess. I'll probably play around with coloring it with GIMP 2, too.
Last edited by Linear on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Aeric on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:30 am

Woot!! Linear is on board!
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:38 am

I'd just like to say I look forward to how this expansion develops - me an Rosalyn are thinkin' up big ideas here, and things can even be developed by you guys if you have something you desperately want in an expansion, heh!

Anyway, I'll be generally controlling NPCs, though I will have one character who'd be a test character of mine for FFXIV RPing - a Galka, who'd of course be a Roegadyn in FFXIV.

Despite what you think, the Tarutaru in the intro is not Valkyr-Renhara. Eheh. I plan on the robed Tarutaru to be an important NPC though!

And as a note, Arcanist is gonna change - some of you may have looked at it, but I think it's just...I dunno, not exposing the new Arcane Magic Skill that Templar boasts, so I'll be making changes to Arcanist. However, after so much work, Templar is very much complete. @.@;

Without further ado;

Name: Garrwyn, White Fang
Race: Galka M
Job: Paladin

Biography: Raised in Bastok, though always different from the bunch, White Fang had a distaste for Bastok and its democracy, finding a closer peace in San d'Oria and eventually staying there and learning of the ways of the Goddess. Years later, he was tutored under his guardian, an Elvaan named Gardavion L Revaille, in training in the ways of the knight. Garwynn excelled in the service of the Goddess, and not long after the Elvaan was to be sent in secret to Adoulin. Garwynn, despite all his attempts to convince his tutor, could not follow. Garwynn decided then that he should seek out the world on his own for knowledge, in the name of Altana. Years of chivalry and learning came in his grand pilgrimage of the middle lands, earning him fame yet he remained humble, 'all in the Her name', as he often said. He came to the Gate of the Gods many times he could during his journeys, and at some point and witnessed an amazing spectacle - a large flash of light came from the sky as he was in the corridor, and illuminated the whole corridor with a blinding light.

The Galka had, since then sought to travel abroad for once - and went to Jeuno to learn of any ways he could travel to Kazham, when he learnt that the Dresden Free Mercenaries had arrived in Jeuno...

Appearance: Jet black hair, short around his head like a mane, all neatly combed backwards. He wears the renown Valor set of armours granted during his journeys. Over that, he wears a light cloak to humbly conceal his attire and weapon.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Ooh, I'm liking the pictures Linear. Draw one for me! lol.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:36 pm

I could certainly give it a try.
Linear
Tough

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 pm

I'd get the person who drew my avatar to draw me a couple new pictures but I don't feel like dropping another twenty bucks a picture.
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Microcuts on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Dang~ That's a little pricey, even for a full color commission, though judging by your avatar it does seem pretty impressive.

Anyhow, I'm in on this! Gonna get a post in shortly.
RosalynSable wrote:Smoke some mognip to forget your troubles.
Microcuts
Decent Challenge

Blog: View Blog (47)
World: Leviathan
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Bucket Fisher
Jobs: [75 WAR][68 BLU]

Postby urthdigger on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Seems about on average for commissions IMO (It's a bigger picture than just the avatar)
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby RosalynSable on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Yes, the picture is quite large and.... NSFW below the waist.... >.>
RosalynSable
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:24 am

Got my character redrawn. Just have to wait until I can scan it. Then I'll clean it, ink it and color it.
Linear
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 am

"Seems about on average for commissions IMO (It's a bigger picture than just the avatar)"

Heh, yeah, about right.

Especially if it's NSFW...

Anyway, nice job on the drawin, Linear. =D
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Aeric on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 am

RosalynSable wrote:Things to look forward to in this PbP:

Introduction of new Jobs! ...become the lonely Gunblader.

Darkvalkyr wrote:I'd just like to say I look forward to how this expansion develops - me an Rosalyn are thinkin' up big ideas here, and things can even be developed by you guys if you have something you desperately want in an expansion, heh!

Ahem... I think it's clear what I want. If I'm not mistaken, Rosalyn posted the stats for a Gunblader under the job suggestion forum. I expressed interest in it before, specifically the gun! =p

p.s. You had me at lonely
My PbP Bazaar:
Spoiler:
Crimson Linkpearl (ch.2)
Aeric
Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am

Money or Life
Mission Orders:

By chance you've encountered the Dresden Free Mercenaries in Upper Jeuno. They're offering any able adventurers a chance to go to the ravaged continent of Ulbuka, where two countries are currently at war. With a free pass in hand, ride the boat to Adoulin Isle departing from Selbina. A whole new land awaits far to the west. What's the truth that lies hidden in a long, drawn out war that separated a land for decades?
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Next

Return to Role-Playing