MoAI - The Discussion Thread

Re: MoAI - The Discussion Thread

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 am

Iz ok.

Unless you guys wanna make small talk, my next post is gonna kick us to next morning.
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:48 am

I'll post soonz. Electricity's gonna be cut here for a bit. =/
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:57 pm

For the lulz, the dark leather armor that Guverre's wearing is part of the Nighthowler's Set.

Head and Bodypiece:
Spoiler:
Nighthowler's Mask (R/EX)
[Head] All Races
DEF: 20 Attack +10 Evasion +10
Magic Evasion +6 Haste +3%
Set: Occasionally annuls physical damage taken
Lv. 84 WAR / MNK / THF / BST / RNG / NIN / DRG /
BLU /COR /DNC / ELE / GUN

Nighthowler's Garb (R/EX)
[Body] All Races
DEF: 52 Accuracy +12 Evasion +12
Ranged Accuracy +12 Magic Accuracy +6
Set: Occasionally annuls physical damage taken
Lv. 84 WAR / MNK / THF / BST / RNG / NIN / DRG /
BLU/ COR /DNC / ELE / GUN

How do you get them is still under construction. ;3
Last edited by Darkvalkyr on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Linear on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 pm

I'm not sure what the people staying in Andoulin are supposed to do D:
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Nation: Bastok
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Darkvalkyr on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Well...that's Ros' territory. =/
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby Darkvalkyr on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:02 am

Just putting that thar.
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:42 pm

I know way back when we started this she only had one dagger, but that was before DNC got dual-wield, and she's got no subjob. Since now they do, just assume she's had two this whole time. Her level is still only 60 though.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:26 pm

((Just because I have a TON of time on my hands. :D))
Mystery of Adoulin Isle Mission AL6: Matryoshka Waltz
Description: In order to gauge the incoming recruits, Arlua Lelais' head of Arcane Technology Research, Salda-Romida has unleashed an army of dolls to attack the mercenaries in the tavern. Defeat them quickly before anyone gets hurt, and show the Tarutaru you have what it takes to be hired by Arlua Lelais!

-After the cutscene, just head further in the tavern to be brought a prompt if you wish to enter the BC. The BC is instanced.
-The difficulty of the BC is adjustable: Normal or Hard modes are available, as well as caps can be set at 75, 80, 90 or uncapped.
Normal: A single doll will split into two only once, NPC allies are quite sturdy. Normal item rewards.
Hard: A single doll will split into two twice, NPC allies are weaker. Greater item rewards.

Cap settings affect:
-Bonus Mercenary Credit: x5 for 75 cap, x2.5 for 80, x1.5 for 90 and x1 for no cap.
-Mob Levels: (level cap +2) levelled mobs for all 75, 80 and 90 caps, (highest player level +3) for uncapped.

Rewards:
Mobs may drop Blitzstrahl Rings into treasure coffer at the end of the battle.
Normal: Pick one of: Dollsmasher (Club), Canopena (Sword), Wallcrusher (Hand-to-Hand)
Hard: Pick one of the above, and one of: Protect Mail (Body), Protect Mantle (Back), Shell Mitts (Hands)

Experience: Normal: 5000 | Hard: 8000 | Repeats: 1000 / 3000 | Bonus: 100 for every Matryoshka Doll defeated by players
Mercenary Credit: 3000 | Bonus: 200 for every NPC alive at the end of the battle

-The BC is the Tavern area, a square-ish battle field. There will be 4 pairs of NPCs at each corner, being attacked by two Matryoshka Dolls (Doll family). NPCs will be of random jobs but will always be in a melee + mage/support pair. The pairs will keep themselves alive as long as possible but will eventually be defeated by the dolls if not aided. Their levels will be equal to the player's levels.

-Dolls will are also paired in a 'physical' and 'magical' team. Greener dolls will use Panzershreck, Typhoon and Panzerfaust. Tan dolls will use Gravity Field, Blitzstrahl and Kartstrahl. When one is defeated, it will split into another, smaller Green and Tan pair of dolls. If the Dolls defeat the NPCs they are fighting and are not engaged, they will begin walking to the center of the arena and will aggro players. They will despawn once they reach the center. Dolls of both types are immune to sleep, Physical dolls are immune to Sap and Drain and Magical dolls are immune to Siphon and Aspir.

-Melee NPCs can be either WAR, PLD, THF, TEM or GUN. Mage/Support NPCs can be either BRD, COR, BLU, RDM or WHM.

-Guverre is also standing at the stage.

((Will continue this bit later as the battle proceeds.))

Rewards:
Spoiler:
Blitzstrahl Ring (EX)
[Ring] All Races
Haste +2%
Enchantment: "Blitzstrahl"
<10/10 0:30/[0:30 , 0:30]>
Lv. 85 All Jobs
((Cast time is 0.5 seconds))

Dollsmasher (R/EX)
[Club] All Races
DMG: 70 Delay: 300
Vs. Dolls: DMG: 80
Critical Hit Rate +8%
Lv. 85 WAR/WHM/PLD/SCH/BLU/ARC

Canopena (R/EX)
[Sword] All Races
DMG: 53 Delay: 233
Enhances "Slashing" Damage effect
Latent Effect: Critical Hit Rate +8%
Lv. 85 WAR/RDM/PLD/DRK/BLU/ELE/TEM
((Latent triggered by fighting something that's weak to Slashing. Enhances Slashing damage increases the bonus/penalty on mobs by a factor of 2. Affects all forms of slashing damage, including from blue magic spells and templar's divine arms.))

Wallcrusher (R/EX)
[Hand-to-Hand] All Races
DMG: +21 Delay: +66
Lv. 85 MNK/PUP
((Hidden Effect: Increases DMG and decreases the delay the more hits you deal to an opponent without disengaging. Eventually reaches DMG +27 Delay +40 after 20~ hits.))

Protect Mail (R/EX)
[Body] All Races
DEF: 70 HP+40 MP+40
VIT+5 MND+5
"Auto-Protect"
Lv. 85 WAR/PLD/DRK/TEM
((Grants Protect IV when worn. Wears off if taken off. Protect V will overwrite bonus of Auto-Protect.))

Protect Mantle (R/EX)
[Back] All Races
DEF: 10 HP+40 VIT+3
Attack +10 Ranged Attack +10
"Auto-Protect"
Lv. 85 All Jobs
((Grants Protect II when worn. Wears off if taken off. Stronger protects will overwrite the bonus.))

Shell Mitts (R/EX)
[Hands] All Races
DEF: 28 MP+40 INT+3 MND+3
"Magic Attack Bonus" +3
"Auto-Shell"
Lv. 85 MNK/WHM/RDM/BLM/BRD/BST/SMN/BLU/COR/PUP/ELE/ARC
((Grants Shell III when worn. Wears off if taken off. Stronger Shells will overwrite the bonus.))
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Maxwel's sword is not a Espafut or Caladbolg (His sword is simply an exceptional sword made out of the same material that comprises Castle Zvahl), but that was Torcleaver he used right there. He simply has access to it from being a moogle, he doesn't have to go through the trials. He does NOT have access to Scourge, however. He would have access to the other empyrean weaponskills as well, if he ever used a weapon other than his greatsword.
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Darkvalkyr on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:30 am

Lucky mog~
ImageImage

Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Postby urthdigger on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 am

Darkvalkyr wrote:Lucky mog~

Well, it's moogle magic that gives you access to the WS in the first place, it just goes to figure the physically oriented moogles get access to them ;)
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Masternegi on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 am

Um hi im new and I enjoy RPing...so could i perhaps join in?
...i am a epic noob
Masternegi
Too weak

World: Bahamut
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Mog's Master
Jobs: RDM14

Postby urthdigger on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:35 am

Sure, why not. We can probably find a way to integrate you into the story nicely :)
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Postby Masternegi on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:21 am

Alright awesome so do i have to make a character and what not?
...i am a epic noob
Masternegi
Too weak

World: Bahamut
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Mog's Master
Jobs: RDM14

Postby urthdigger on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 am

Basically. There is a bit of canon we've established from previous adventures and discussion, but for the most part it's just concerning details on the moogle race, and the fact that the previous RP happened. In case you didn't read it, what the average person would be aware of is that there were attacks on San d'Oria and Windurst, followed by all 7 beastmen races launching an assault on Al Zhabi. A while afterwards, Tu'lia began to fall from the sky and came close to hitting Jeuno, but it's fall was thankfully reverted. A small group of adventurers were recognized as the heroes of these events, and in all reports a moogle named Maxwel was heralded as vital to the success of the mission.

How much of this your character is aware of is up to you.

There's also a few etiquette rules, in case the people you've RPed with in the past did things different.

First, no controlling other people's characters without their permission. Most times when one of us controls somene else's character, it was either planned offline over messengers or in the discussion thread, or the character in question is a nameless mook that anyone can control (mostly enemy units and whatnot). Rule of thumb is, if it has a name, you need to ask.

Second, no overpowered characters. A good RP character is defined as much by his flaws as he is by his strengths. On top of that, the other posters like their chance to play the hero just as much as you do. If a character is basically able to solo the adventure without any help, there's a problem. The one exception to this rule is villains: Villains are allowed to be more powerful than the other characters, mainly because they'd be no real threat otherwise, although by that same token he must be beatable in some reasonable manner (No, a single weak point that's vaguely hinted at once does NOT count, I've seen people do that before)

Third, the actual FFXI quests didn't happen to you. This is required so we don't have everyone claiming they beat the shadow lord, or stopped Alexander, or whatnot. Feel free to have your characters in-game accomplishments be reflected in his RP character, but the events he did are different. For instance, my character is rank 10 in Bastok, both in-game and in the PbP. He did not fight the Shadowlord, although he did assist the effort in small ways such as scouting missions. He also aided Cid, the Iron Musketeers, and the galkan people, but the tasks he did were not the same as the in-game missions. In this way, hopefully we won't wind up with conflicts of who actually did what important event.

---

Anyway, all that said, what you do with your character is largely up to you. Perhaps the easiest way is to basically use your in-game character, adjusted as I mentioned above to avoid conflicts. We don't have a character sheet thread yet, although I probably should make one. Lemme know if you have any questions alright?
My Userpage
My LS community page
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Playing