Some questions about the forum.

Some questions about the forum.

Postby Dragonimi on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:36 am

Last post says June first, is this thread still active or has interest died?

Do you encourage people to jump in, or is it by invitation?

If we do join, do you encourage to Role-play what jobs we have leveled in the real FFXI, or are other jobs usable?

Thanks if you can answer this ^^
Signature by Kyoshin
Thanks again!
Dragonimi
Easy prey

Blog: View Blog (2)
World: Fenrir
Nation: Windurst
Title: Seeker of the Light
Jobs: Summoner 80 Puppetmaster 75

Re: Some questions about the forum.

Postby urthdigger on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:04 am

There is still interest, but some people have hit... kind of a block. We don't mind people popping in, so long as it's somewhat explained.

It is highly encouraged that people play with their own jobs, but people do have a tendency to make their characters... a tad more powerful than their jobs would otherwise dictate. Personally it annoys me and my character is a tad "mundane" by comparison, but most people who've posted in PbPs have something extraordinary about their character.

Regardless of the path you take, I'd like to mention that the strength of one's character encompasses not just their power, but their weaknesses as well. A good character's weakness should be something that comes up often, and significant enough to off-set their strengths. Although, it should be noted that villains get the right to be more powerful than heroes, with the understanding that they're likely to get ganged up on by a party. An example of some of my character's strengths and weaknesses.

Urthdigger: High level MNK, very good at understanding metal craftsmanship, but is bound by his own attempts at self-improvement that frequently involve lowering his strength more than it already is.

Mogwai: Able to steal the job levels from an adventurer by drinking their blood, weakening them and strengthening her accordingly. It's addictive qualities make her tempted to take it, even when not useful to do so. She is also quite frail physically.

Maxwel: EXTREMELY strong physically, and a potent user of moogle geomancy dances. He prefers not to work up a sweat however, and frequently overestimates his power due to pride. He also has quite a low HP pool.

A good weakness includes both things that hamper them in a fight, as well as fears and doubts that make a character more human. It should never be anything that can be completely avoided without much difficulty (I consider Superman's weakness to kryptonite as an extremely poor weakness for a character). But, regardless, the most important thing is that you make a character the others can enjoy.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:28 am

Well...

supposedly dead, I was kinda waiting for people to tell me they wanted to jump ahead.

As for the other horror PbP, wellllll. I kinda lost interest after a period of inactivity >.<;
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby Linear on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:57 pm

I'd like to post, but I've hit a massive writer (and artist) block that I haven't managed to get myself out of. >:
Linear
Tough

Blog: View Blog (4)
World: Caitsith
Title: The Lost One
Jobs: Dragoon Warrior Samurai

Postby Arry's Army on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Been lurking and reading this section, finally finished all 6 chapters.
I'm guessing this place is dead? :<
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Arry's Army
Too weak

World: Quetzalcoatl
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Cat Burglar Groupie

Postby Darkvalkyr on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:31 pm

It...seems that way. =x
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby urthdigger on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:52 am

A lot of our regular posters, myself included, have gotten more than a little busy lately.

Sadly, PbP RPing is tough to just kinda start... it usually needs a swift kick in the pants to get it started. Once I get my life turned around, I'll see about doing that if nobody else has gotten to it yet.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Return to Role-Playing