Quests of the new gods

Quests of the new gods

Postby urthdigger on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:13 am

One thing I had intended to do when writing MQ (And which I should get back to, albeit as a solo story since the experiment didn't work out for a number of reasons, mostly my own) was add a shrine devoted to each of the adventurer aspects that could be used in later PbPs to receive boons from these new gods, essentially the embodiment of the emotions that make up the job. Each shrine takes the appearance of a statue of a moogle wearing the AF for that job.

The "rules" for accepting a boon from them are rather simple. For starters, the character needs to be a paragon of that job... in game terms, this means having all AF, beaten the LB5, and taken the job to at least 70. The boon can take a number of forms, from a companion, to blessed weapons and armor, to a stat adjustment, but it's important to note that these blessings are to be rewarded to a questing adventurer for the completion of a task, and only for that. An adventurer who uses these tools for purposes other than what he asked them for will find that they will leave him, especially when it would harm him most (For example, someone who is granted a powerful weapon to slay a great evil goes off and uses it to solo random NMs instead will likely find the weapon no longer there when he reaches for it after attracting the attention of a great fiend)

Lastly, all the gods will require that the adventurer go on a quest first. These gods lie in-between the avatars and the true gods, in that they are willing to assist adventurers like the avatars, but more powerful like the true gods... but they are also not willing to give their favor freely, and while more powerful than the avatars they still pale in comparison to the power of gods like Altana. It should also be noted that these gods are truly Neutral, and usually care little for what heroics an adventurer has planned, nor the implications of what will happen whether the adventurer fails or succeeds at their current quest. The only thing they care about is that their aspect is spread throughout the world, which tends to happen as a by-product of an adventurer of a given job doing great (but not necessarily good) deeds, and especially helped by their quests, which always serve to remind bystanders of the power of their aspect.
Long story short, they don't give a rat's ass who you are, what you've done, or what you will do: you must scratch their back for them to scratch yours.

Shrine of Leadership
Job: WAR
Shrine Details: A warrior leads by example, well versed in many different kinds of weapons, they form the backbone of any army. Raogrimm, the former leader of the Galka and later leader of the Beastmen as the Shadowlord, is one such individual who exemplifies this aspect. The shrine is located within the throne room of Castle Zvahl, where Raogrimm died.

Shrine of Self Improvement
Job: MNK
Shrine Details: A monk does not let their weapons and armor decide what they can do, and instead hones his mind and body into a formidable weapon. Dalzakk and Oggbi are two individuals who define this aspect. The shrine is located at the base of the Drachenfall, a place where Dalzakk used to train and get over his condition.

Shrine of Piety
Job: WHM
Shrine Details: A white mage's devotion to Altana is second to none, spreading her virtues of kindness as well as the faith. Prince Pieuje is one such individual. The shrine is located within the San d'Orian cathedral, supposedly existing as a sign of the Moogles' devotion to Altana.

Shrine of Destruction
Job: BLM
Shrine Details: They say some people just want to see the world burn, and a good number of these individuals become black mages. Mistress Shantotto is the definition of destruction, and the statue was given to her as a tribute "In the hopes of avoiding her wrath"

To be added later
RDM: Versatility, located in the Lion Springs Tavern
THF: Roguishness, located inside the Cat Burglar's hideout (was left for her to steal)
PLD: Honor, located within Chateau d'Oraguille
DRK: Renegade, located within the Waughroon Shrine
BST: Animal bond, located within the Chocobo Circuit
BRD: Inspiration, located within the Merry Minstrel Meadhouse
RNG: Wilds, guarded by Perih Vahsai
SAM: Bushido, guarded by Gilgamesh
NIN: Ninjutsu, hidden within Norg
DRG: Tradition, located at the end of Drogaroga's Spine
SMN: Heretic, located at Carbuncle's Circle
BLU: Monstrous, located within Imperial Whitegate
COR: Luck, located on board the Black Cradle
PUP: Manipulation, located within Whitegate
DNC: Limelight, located on the shores of Lake Mechieume
SCH: Tactics, located within the Eldeime Necropolis
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Re: Quests of the new gods

Postby Darkvalkyr on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 am

Sounds cool, Urth. =D

Though, one thing:

Shrine Details: A white mage's devotion to Altana is second to none, spreading her virtues of kindness as well as the faith. Prince Pieuje is one such individual. The shrine is located within the San d'Orian cathedral, supposedly existing as a sign of the Moogles' devotion to Altana.

Where does Moogle come in? O.o;
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby urthdigger on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:44 am

The shrines were assembled by moogles.
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Darkvalkyr on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:46 am

/facepalm

That's what I get for skimming!
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Return to Role-Playing