Tales of Vana'diel - In-Game RP LS (Siren)

Tales of Vana'diel - In-Game RP LS (Siren)

Postby DivisionWasp on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:47 am

I know that this board is usually used for PbP type stuff, but given that my LS does fall under the realm of roleplaying, I figured this might be a good place to put up a post.

I posted in the story-time topic about a year ago regarding my RP LS, Tales of Vana'diel, located on the Siren server. From what I understand we are one of the few active FFXI RP linkshells around, and we are always looking for new members. This shell has been around for a good length of time... with this month we have reached our four year mark and we are all very excited. Not to mention, some of the best roleplaying events are yet to come I believe; the shell is getting more active and this month we are looking at two definitely, possibly three new members joining our LS. New people means people are RPing more actively, and older members are RPing with them to see what new stories these new characters will bring. :) It's an exciting time for us.

A little bit about our LS, and what it focuses on. I like to see our RP as a 'retelling' of the game's story. Far too often we felt that people rush through the missions just to get their fancy gear at the end without becoming personally involved or interested or weaving their own story out from it. We intend to go through all the missions in the game, but this isn't a mission static that RPs, it's an RP group that does missions, to put it in better terms. The story is of a band of regular ragtag adventurers who, whether by fate or luck, are brought into some of Vana'diel's greatest battles, and people who were not heroes before (or necessarily even wanted to be heroes) must learn to assume the role that their lives have chosen for them. It's a very touching and fun group, and again I want to reiterate: we use the missions as a framework that we build off of. We have many numerous RPs that have no ties to the mission lines whatsoever, so no worry about 'sticking to rails' so to speak.

EDIT: Our site has moved! 5/18/11

Our website is now hosted on Guildwork. The URL for the site is located here:

http://tales-of-vanadiel.guildwork.com/

In order to sign up and post on our forums, you will need a Guildwork account. This is a very quick procedure and you'll be done in just a couple minutes! Just follow the link below:

http://www.guildwork.com/register

Once you have an account, procede to the link on our site and request recruitment. We will approve you and we'll be in contact with you from there. You are welcome to join and ask us questions even if you aren't sure about whether you want to join the RP group or not. Don't be shy!
Last edited by DivisionWasp on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DivisionWasp
Too weak

World: Siren
Nation: Bastok
Title: Paragon of Dark Knight Excellence

Re: Tales of Vana'diel - In-Game RP LS (Siren)

Postby Darkvalkyr on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Well, as much as I'm glad there's an RPLS still going, I'm done with RPing on XI...we did what you guys were doing basically with a bit of our twists, and now that my RP pals are gone, I'm just having fun in Lakshmi with my buds. Good luck though~
ImageImage

Seanr wrote:You get all excited when you first start out, then halfway through you're all bored and sh**, then you finally get to 600xp/kill and you're like FINALLY!, then you're like... ughhhh I cant wait to cap xp and merits and go to sleep!
Darkvalkyr
Very Tough

Blog: View Blog (6)
World: Lakshmi
Nation: Windurst
Title: Archmage Assassin
Jobs: Blue Mage [90] + Puppetmaster[90] + Dancer [90]

Postby urthdigger on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 am

Yeah... if I was on Siren and didn't have too many friends on Unicorn to just server hop away...
My blog: Diary of a mad galka monk!
My Userpage
My LS community page
Sparkk wrote:if there's a decrepit moblin in a dead end maze somewhere that wants his shoes back and gives you 8 gil reward.... Urth has met him. And found his shoes.
urthdigger
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (233)
World: Unicorn
Title: Paragon of Monk Excellence
Jobs: MNK75 DNC75

Postby Kin on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:17 am

Same.

Too bad you guys aren't on Bismarck.
Kin
Tough

World: Seraph
Jobs: 90 BLM

Postby DivisionWasp on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Hey all!

I know this topic is pretty old and this sub-section of the forum doesn't get a whole lot of traffic, but I just wanted to swing in and say that this roleplay linkshell is still very much active! We're still recruiting, so if you are interested, come find us at http://tales-of-vanadiel.guildwork.com!
DivisionWasp
Too weak

World: Siren
Title: Paragon of Dark Knight Excellence

Return to Role-Playing