Soloing the BCNM Operation Desert Swarm (KS30) as Monk75

Videos showing BCNM and ENM battles.

Soloing the BCNM Operation Desert Swarm (KS30) as Monk75

Postby Genome on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:10 am

Here's a video I made recently showing how to solo KS30 [wiki]Operation_Desert_Swarm[/wiki] as Monk75/Dancer:
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=c_ff4XPzlTA[/youtube]
I talk about the details in my entry here:
http://genomeffxi.livejournal.com/#entry_17469
-Genome, Monk 75
http://genomeffxi.livejournal.com
Subjobs:All
Missions:All
Merits:All
Crafts:All:60,C:93
Quests:All but 4
NPC70
Genome
Even match

World: Diabolos
Nation: Bastok
Title: Honorary Doctorate, Majoring in Tonberries

Postby Atg on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:50 am

OMG! x.x
POWER! x.x

<3 MNK!

Do you think you can provide me with the high quality file though? I do not like Youtube quality. ._.

And by the why, why did they somehow seem harder when they become fewer..? (You took so long on the last two scorpions.)

And.. was that bind? or sleep? I don't know what exactly happened because I am not familliar with the DNC job yet but.. when you went to use an item, the scorpions didn't follow you, and due to the quality of Youtube I could not read what happened so, was puzzled hehe. ^^

Thank you again for sharing. ^^
Good job!
Atg
Easy prey

Postby Chrisjander on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:34 am

After using their powerful stomp TP move, the scorps bind themselves for a short time. This was the bind effect you saw.
Chrisjander
Impossible to gauge!

Blog: View Blog (1)
World: Ifrit
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Talks with Tonberries
Jobs: RDM 75 - BRD 64 - MNK 58 - BLU 53 - SAM 52 - WHM 51 - DRG 51 - DNC 44 - WAR 43 - DRK 40 - BLM 37 - NIN 37 - PLD 35 - SCH 34 - RNG 33 - BST 30 - THF 30 - SMN 20 - COR 20 - PUP 20

Postby Genome on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:16 am

Atg wrote:...
And by the why, why did they somehow seem harder when they become fewer..? (You took so long on the last two scorpions.)

And.. was that bind? or sleep? I don't know what exactly happened because I am not familliar with the DNC job yet but.. when you went to use an item, the scorpions didn't follow you, and due to the quality of Youtube I could not read what happened so, was puzzled hehe. ^^

Thank you again for sharing. ^^
Good job!

The scorpions become stronger and stronger as you kill more. Even their tp moves and attacks do much more damage.
The two tp moves they do have a chance of either binding them for a few seconds or making them stop attacking for a few seconds.

I have more details on that in my LJ page mentioned above, but basically part of the strategy I came up with was in giving them TP at different rates (sometimes fast and other times slow to balance the large 6xWS damage I would suffer and the short bind/noDMG pauses I could take advantage of) and trying to separate the scorpions, among many other details like other gear swaps, JAs etc.

People that do it with a normal setup of 6 lvl75 people or use -aga spells try to kill them at the same time have it easier in this respect, because they get kill to them basically in parallel and thus only fight the normal initial strength scorpions. Of course soloing as MNK I had to do it the harder way :wink:
-Genome, Monk 75
NPC70
Genome
Even match

Postby Atg on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:59 am

=O
MOMMY BUY ME A BRAIN LIKE HIS!

XD
Hehe, thanks a lot for sharing the video and info!
Umm.. one more thing left... Can I have the file please? XD (You do have a high quality file higher than Youtube's right? =o)
Atg
Easy prey

Postby Genome on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:28 pm

Well the original file is almost 100MB, and the quality is already not perfect because I had to convert from raw to xvid and then to wmv because I wanted to put it together quickly.
I don't have a good way to share files of that size, and the youtube one is not so terrible considering how convenient and small it is, you can even still read the log fairly well whenever you pause, especially in fullscreen mode.
-Genome, Monk 75
NPC70
Genome
Even match

Postby Genome on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:13 am

the song is from one of the intros of the anime bleach, I think the name of the song itself is d-technolife.
-Genome, Monk 75
NPC70
Genome
Even match

Postby Vidian on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Great job dude. Ive seen some cool stuff with dnc sub^^
Vidian

Nin75 / War75 / Drg75 / Rng75 / Sam75

I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes i'm so steady i don't move for days.
Vidian
Too weak

World: Gilgamesh
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Lance Corporal
Jobs: NIN75 SAM75 DRG75 RNG75 WAR75 BLU75

Postby itMFtis on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Would be different now with the nerf on dancer as a subjob. Not to take anything away from this feat, of course >: )
itMFtis
Tough

World: Fairy
Title: World Serpent Slayer
Jobs: 75 - WHM BLM SMN BLU THF SCH DNC PUP SAM

Postby Genome on Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:47 am

Would be harder but probably still not impossible, the only difference is that waltz2 now cures ~175HP instead of 215HP like it used to, so 80% of what it used to be.
-Genome, Monk 75
NPC70
Genome
Even match

Postby Trunks on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:51 am

I wanna try solo ODS as PLD/RDM or /DNC. But with /DNC it will be a lil bit harder now. Curing Walz2 whas 230hp befor and now 175, this is a big lose.

I Duo ODS with my Brother Vele (MNK/DNC) me (PLD/DNC)
What i needed is a Ice Shield for Paralyze and Joyeuse to be fast enough with TP Gain and dmg. I taked 4 Scorps and my Brother 2. After his Scrops have 5-10% Hp he takes 2 of me and i take one of him.
Bouth uf us got now 3 Scorps and enouth TP for Curing. When Time comes we start kill them and that should happen fast because how we know the get stronger ^^

After Update don't think it is possible anymore.

Miyuu a PLD/RDM (Midgardsormr) soloed ODS. But have also Excalibur and Aegis Shild + Ares's Body. Its not on Youtube ; ;
Trunks
Too weak

Postby Genome on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:02 am

Trunks wrote:I wanna try solo ODS as PLD/RDM or /DNC. But with /DNC it will be a lil bit harder now. Curing Walz2 whas 230hp befor and now 175, this is a big lose.

I Duo ODS with my Brother Vele (MNK/DNC) me (PLD/DNC)
What i needed is a Ice Shield for Paralyze and Joyeuse to be fast enough with TP Gain and dmg. I taked 4 Scorps and my Brother 2. After his Scrops have 5-10% Hp he takes 2 of me and i take one of him.
Bouth uf us got now 3 Scorps and enouth TP for Curing. When Time comes we start kill them and that should happen fast because how we know the get stronger ^^

After Update don't think it is possible anymore.

Miyuu a PLD/RDM (Midgardsormr) soloed ODS. But have also Excalibur and Aegis Shild + Ares's Body. Its not on Youtube ; ;

Yes I am a bit jealous of some of the equipment that PLD can use and MNK can't for this type of situation (tanking 6 monsters at once), for example aside from Ice Shield I would recommend you use ice trousers, which are enchanted items that gives you a strong ice spikes, which means a chance to paralyze every time you get hit. That's one thing that the PLD with excalibur and aegis used and that monk can't use, and that already would make the fight so much easier. Aside from that those two PLD relics also really make the difference for PLD because they allow you to stay in very defensive mode while still doing damage with WS from excalibur, I think without them I am not sure a PLD could really solo it without running out of time or resources perhaps.
-Genome, Monk 75
NPC70
Genome
Even match

Postby Trunks on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:11 am

Yeah truelly, its the Time that will kill the ODS Run, but also im not really ready to solo it, i still take to much DMG as PLD and they will eat me up there inside ODS. PLD/RDM would also be pretty hard because the MP getting killed and recast of Stoneskin will be interrupted.

BTW i only know the Ice Gauntlets but Ice Trousers are Unknowen for me, is it new? I need every nice Gear Part that have a Gagdet to keep me alive.
Trunks
Too weak

Postby Genome on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:53 am

Trunks wrote:Yeah truelly, its the Time that will kill the ODS Run, but also im not really ready to solo it, i still take to much DMG as PLD and they will eat me up there inside ODS. PLD/RDM would also be pretty hard because the MP getting killed and recast of Stoneskin will be interrupted.

BTW i only know the Ice Gauntlets but Ice Trousers are Unknowen for me, is it new? I need every nice Gear Part that have a Gagdet to keep me alive.

It is not new, probably from when items like warp cudgel or reraise earrings were added, it's a crafted item but people usually don't craft it (needs anima and key item like for making warp club):
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ice_Trousers
-Genome, Monk 75
NPC70
Genome
Even match

Postby Trunks on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:07 am

Ice trousers
[Legs] All Races
DEF: 25
Enchantment: "Ice Spikes"
Lv. 48 WAR / RDM / THF / PLD / DRK / BST /
BRD / RNG / SAM / NIN / DRG / BLU / COR / DNC

<50/50 0:30/[5:00, 0:30]>

Woooots, i play now 4 Years FFXI and never saw that O.o'
This will be helpfull maybe, also if i can get Ice Gauntlets with permament "Ice Spikes".

Does the Effect stay when change Trousers or disappers ?

I really wounder how my Gearsetup should be to get a Chance to solo ODS. Haste%, DEF and VIT, ATT+ STR, who knows O.o'
Trunks
Too weak

Next

Return to BCNM/ENM