Refresh and Regen drinks stackable and +1able

Refresh and Regen drinks stackable and +1able

Postby crawlerbasher on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:38 pm

I've said this before on different forms.

It would relay be nice if Refresh and regen drinks like Yagudo drinks could be stackable.
I can go though a lot of this and I'm restricted to the number of free space I have to stock up on then.

Also a +1 would be nice, it could be a small incress to mp/hp per tick or a slighter longer time or even both.
crawlerbasher
Easy prey

World: Remora
Nation: Windurst
Title: Crawler Culler
Jobs: WHM75 THF75 BST67 BLM61

Re: Refresh and Regen drinks stackable and +1able

Postby Eracle on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Is that a stack of Yagudo Drinks in your pocket or are you just excited to see me?
Meleenian Cap~
Eracle
Tough

World: Phoenix
Nation: Bastok
Title: Wood Worshiper
Jobs: DRG 77 WHM 75 BRD 78 SCH 85 SMN 79

Postby esdain on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 pm

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Casaba_Melon_Tank

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hi-Ether_Tank

Also:
Cooking (60)
Yield: Yagudo Drink x 1
Dark Crystal
* 1 x Yagudo Cherry
* 3 x Buburimu Grape

I don't know what level cook that you are, but I've heard it takes less space to carry around the ingredients and make them as needed, so I hope this helps. Those two tanks are awesome, btw.
iCure ~ Peppermint Candycane Witch
RotZ:Fin, CoP:Fin, ToAU:Fin, WotG:37, S/B/W: Fin, ACP: Fin, AMK: Fin, ASA: Fin
Europea: "I say we cure this through implanting our hammers in their skulls!"
esdain
Even match

Blog: View Blog (14)
World: Kujata
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Mon Cherry

Postby kenki on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Stack juice to 12 would be nice. Even with the ingredients, you still need 6 extra inventory spaces (5 for mats and 1 for product). If juice can be stack-able, it will be a staple item that every spellcaster carries a few just like ninja tools or silent oils. It'll make soloing without FOV a lot easier for mages I think.

How about changing juice to stack of 12 and let synergy has the HQ version of multiple juice bottle? Like x4 Yagudo drinks for NQ, x6, x8 and x10 for HQ drinks?
kenki
Decent Challenge

Postby Messia on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I like this idea, will certainly make the thought of carrying around a load of drinks a lot sweeter.
Liverpool FC
Messia
Tough

Blog: View Blog (51)
World: Unicorn
Title: Mog's Master

Postby kewitt on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I like the idea, But with all the MP items now this is something that should have come years ago.

Personally I don't spend a lot of gil well doing day to day things like EXPing.

Missions well Aht missions 44 I was spending about 140k a try on MP items..
If there is spelling errors it's because I don't reread what I type.
Ask yourself?
Would this benift the community/players?
Does it benift you directly?
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/User:Kewitt
kewitt
Decent Challenge

World: Alexander
Nation: San d'Oria
Title: Super Model
Jobs: WHM BLM BST THF ....

Postby crawlerbasher on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:52 pm

esdain wrote:http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Casaba_Melon_Tank

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hi-Ether_Tank

Also:
Cooking (60)
Yield: Yagudo Drink x 1
Dark Crystal
* 1 x Yagudo Cherry
* 3 x Buburimu Grape

I don't know what level cook that you are, but I've heard it takes less space to carry around the ingredients and make them as needed, so I hope this helps. Those two tanks are awesome, btw.

Here is the problem with this.

When in an exp party there not going to stop while you make a few refresh or regen drinks.
So having them stackable is better because we can carry more and use then as needed, rather than saying to party can we stop, I've ran out of refresh.
Because there will not.
And the time spent making them could be used to recover mp while resting.
crawlerbasher
Easy prey

World: Remora
Title: Crawler Culler
Jobs: WHM75 THF75 BST67 BLM61

Postby Daremo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:41 am

crawlerbasher wrote:Here is the problem with this.

When in an exp party there not going to stop while you make a few refresh or regen drinks.
So having them stackable is better because we can carry more and use then as needed, rather than saying to party can we stop, I've ran out of refresh.
Because there will not.
And the time spent making them could be used to recover mp while resting.

Incorrect.

It takes less than 1 resting tic to craft a yag drink, which gives you 120 MP. If you can get 120 MP in one tic of rest, you don't need a yag drink.

The first point is also incorrect, although your mileage may vary. Unless you're in a merit party that doesn't stop(in which case you should have better options for refresh), there will be pauses for pulling, HP or MP recovery. Even if there's not, it's easy to move out of AoE range for a moment and craft up a yag drink. I've done it, and observed others doing it. It's not difficult.

Also of note:

All au Lait drinks have a craftable tank version. These tanks are typically 4 levels above the cap for the drinks themselves, so if you know someone who can craft the drinks, there's a good chance they can craft the tanks.

Inaccurate statements aside, I shouldn't mind a tank for the various MP drinks.
Daremo
Even match

Postby kenki on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 am

Au laits are nice but they aren't very effective unless you're soloing DC/EP as they only give about 2-3 ticks of HP (overwritten by Regen also) and they require the leather thingy from the sheep in TOAU. People don't fight those or farm those for leathers so it's a pain to go out, farm those, turn them into leathers, make brass tanks and turn them into milk tanks. If you're soloing at lv1-10, selbina milk is probably a better alternative esp with the santa suit.

Crafting in the middle of battle/exping isn't exactly the 'best' way for juices. Yagudo drink requires 6 empty spaces for a stack of 12, so instead spending roughly 2-4min to craft them in mid-battle (takes about 5-10sec to select the materials then craft), you can spend an extra 6 empty spaces to make 12 yagudo drinks and skip the crafting in the party part. There's also a chance of getting hit from AOE or just a random hit that will make you fail the craft also. The most important part is that you'll need cooking skill to craft x_x

I'd prefer to see drinks going into stack-able stuff like food. It's not over-powered, it's convenient, solo friendly and very very profitable for craftsmen (I'll change to a juice seller instead of a steak seller if they implement this).
kenki
Decent Challenge

Postby ToraZalinto on Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:08 am

Due to the lack of HQ's on yagudo's they're typically NOT profitable and simply a skill up synth at about break even pricing.
"Anyone attempting to serve cold or leftover mashed potatoes has clearly never eaten cold or leftover mashed potatoes. Or has some kind of sinister, ulterior motive at work." ~ Surviving the World.

ToraZalinto
Very Tough

World: Diabolos
Title: Total Loser

Postby Daremo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:02 am

ToraZalinto wrote:Due to the lack of HQ's on yagudo's they're typically NOT profitable and simply a skill up synth at about break even pricing.

Huh? What, are you buying your ingredients on the AH or something? I've made hundreds of thousands of gil selling yag drinks when sandy owns Kolshushu.
Daremo
Even match

Postby ToraZalinto on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:42 am

I don't do cooking. I just remember last time looking at the prices on my server that they weren't at a very high profit if at all.
"Anyone attempting to serve cold or leftover mashed potatoes has clearly never eaten cold or leftover mashed potatoes. Or has some kind of sinister, ulterior motive at work." ~ Surviving the World.

ToraZalinto
Very Tough

World: Diabolos
Title: Total Loser

Postby Daremo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:50 am

Individually, no. When you can sell 100+ over a weekend, yes they are.
Daremo
Even match

Return to General Suggestions